PDA

View Full Version : Shuttered Room album

britboy
02-05-2008, 10:15 AM
hey Guys, new member Britboy Here, i,m sure that there are fans of shuttered room,

two songs on that album, that didn,t get the deserved airplay, was

I live, and The fool, Jamie's Guitar playing just goes to another level of guitar illusion for me, does anyone agree?

Britboy

Rochester NY USA

Diamond05
02-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Well Britboy, you could have asked Jamie yourself when he was at the HOG- with Eric and the owner-

That's House of Guitars for the rest of 'ya !

:)

from Eric the Taylor (of Rochester)

see this thread:

http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.php?threadid=3655

britboy
02-05-2008, 11:57 AM
My man Eric the Taylor,

I should have know you would be on the site, whats happnin'?

this is a cool site man

SHIMI the britboy

Carrie
02-05-2008, 03:31 PM
*waving from over here in Syracuse* Welcome! Hope to see you at a show sometime - did you go to the Buffalo show last summer? Please share if you have any Fixx concert experiences!

I Live is definitely my fave non-hit from Shuttered Room.

britboy
02-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi Carrie

I,m a big fixx fan from begining, I have only seen
them once,aug 29th 1983 at holleder stadium in Rochester NY
now long gone, but it was a fabulous fabulous concert hotter than devils arse on that day, the sahred the stage with the Police
and Flock of seaguls, Phantoms and reach the beach are great albums as well,
"I live" takes you to another world, along with "Cameras in paris"
I,m getting used to the newer stuff, and its sound great, I dont have
any newer recordings yet but i,m on the way to buying some, anything
that you can suggest, I,m more of big fan of Jamie, and rupert, and the
original Bassist,

britboy

Carrie
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Man, I'd have loved to have gone to that show! There's talk of Jamie putting out a solo album in the future, so keep your eyes out for that. You might also want to check out the live FixxStixx, because they have some great Jamie/Rupert moments, are a great way to hear what the band sounds like today, have some of your faves like The Fool, and also introduce the latest material. I can vouch for last year's November 23rd and 24th Henderson, NV Ovation shows, as I was there. I would say the band sounded a little better the first night, but the set list the second night was incredible, and they ended with a version of Saved By Zero that featured Rupert's keyboards sounding reminiscent of its early days, and Jamie playing an almost disco-y guitar sound that he manages somehow to morph into a Pink Floyd-worthy solo by the end! You have to hear it to believe it!

Studio-wise, I love them all too much to recommend one over another (though Phantoms and Walkabout are my faves). Cy is very proud of Elemental, and his new solo album The Returning Sun, of the later albums. But you need them all, and to come to a show (though I don't know as the shows this summer will have quite the set list that November 24th had! :D Hope to meet you at one!

Edit: Duh, how could I have forgotten to mention that the Fixx hope to have an album out this year, so stay tuned for that as well!

The Queen
02-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I too will always love Shuttered Room, and consider The Fool my personal anthem. Hope you get caught up on your music collection and get to see the guys live soon, they are still fantastic and put on a great show.