PDA

View Full Version : Red Skies At Night????Black n White???

Jetrell69
02-06-2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZeMVw_K5FU

I have never seen this Black n White video for this song.....I love it. I am wondering about the mix of the song that's playing....very rockin sounding compared to what I am used....is it just a crappy uploaded version that turned out sounding awesome?

;)

Shawn

tenohtwo
02-06-2008, 07:19 AM
They re-recorded Red Skies for the React CD in 1987, and this is the video for that version.

rockerchic
02-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks Jetrell69 for sharing that link! Oh my gosh I can't believe how long their hair was then! Still a goodlooking bunch whether long or short in my opinion! I like the close ups on this one.
The black and white give it a feel of pending gloom and doom that correlate with the vibe of the lyrics. (could have used a flash of red or a red smoke cloud every now and then though).

The Queen
02-06-2008, 05:25 PM
That's one of my favorite CD's of theirs, and I play it regularly. I also buy every coyp of it I come across in record shops! I'm convinced it will be a collectors item.

Jetrell69
02-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I wasn't sure that I'd heard the mix....now that I've adjusted my soundcard properly my memory has been jogged....guess it's time to run React through the home stereo in regular shuffle rotation to keep me keen.....lmao!!!

:)

The Queen
02-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Jetrell,

You do have a copy? good to hear! I love the way they mix live and studio recordings on this CD...works really well. It's also one of the best live versions of "Chase the Fire" around, aside from their FixxStixx! Definitely a keeper.