PDA

View Full Version : Website

so enchanting
02-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Okay, so it's been a while since I've posted - a long while. So what's up with the Fixx's official site, www.thefixx.com immediately jumping to their Myspace site...I'm assuming this means the old site is done. I kind of liked the layout (though the Myspace is very cool too) of the old one i.e. the clear list of tour stops, old and yet to come etc. It's all good though. Fixx tunes are helping me get through a very cloudy, long Upstate NY winter. Peace!

thefixxdotcom
02-13-2008, 06:17 PM
First person to notice!

Relax, the website is not being "replaced" by myspace.
A new album is on the way, and with it, a "revamp" is very much in order.
W a i t . . f o r . . i t . . .

We're sure everyone will be satisfied.

The Queen
02-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Looking forward to it! Thanks for keeping us in mind.

:love:

so enchanting
02-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Most excellent!
Hey Fixxtures, will you be my valentine?
Peace and Love from the "lavender girl" (no dead roses please - fair trade dark chocolate always welcome.)

tenohtwo
02-14-2008, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a new look on the message board, too. Maybe a color other than purple, and an 'official' Fixx logo up top, or just match the new website look?

The Queen
02-14-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm guessing they'll switch it to red or orange soon....just a hunch.

Carrie
02-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I had heard changes were planned for the future, and was pleasantly surprised to find out how soon! Hope all goes smoothly for the switch-over!

And Kathy, great to hear from you again! I know, I really need to give you a call sometime!

The Queen
02-15-2008, 12:19 PM
They've gone green! wow! they do these things just to confuse me...not hard to do. :D

Kat32807
02-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Very nice new design!

Carrie
02-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Hmmm...could there be a new matching FixxStixx design in our future? It would be lovely to have a colorful collection of old and new FixxStixx!

Love the new look! :tup:

so enchanting
02-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey Cy, If you guys need any artwork for the new album or website, don't forget my friend, Candy Lucas, the wonderful Upstate NY collage artist whose Fixx inspired collage art book was living on your bus with you, would always love to be considered!

Hey Carrie - note that we're using the photo you took as our icon - thanks again! And isn't it nice to see the sun here today, sparkling up the tiny bits of snow wafting down from the tree limbs - a beautiful show for a grateful audience.

Tread lightly...
kath

EquestrianGrl78
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Love the new layout!! Carrie, that would be awesome if they had FixxStixx to match!:tup:

heimo
02-17-2008, 10:38 AM
No Gary on the "new" front-page. Are they going to replace the bass-player again?????

To much missinterpretation or guessing if someone has to much time I think.

Regards to all Fixxtures from Berlin.

shoeman
02-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I noticed that too, Heimo.

Want to see Gary up there......

The Queen
02-18-2008, 05:44 AM
I hope Gary is not gone, he's a vital part of the band.

heimo
02-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by The Queen
I hope Gary is not gone, he's a vital part of the band.

Sorry. Did not want to start any speculations here. But that was the first thing that came into my mind.

Diamond05
02-18-2008, 10:23 AM
No Heimo- i thought the same thing-

But i just talked to the source, and Gary is still playing with the guys..... There was never any discussion or anything to think that BAD thought- it's Gary Gary Gary!!! :)

It looks to me like it was a design/space choice, and couldn't fit that many photos in that tight of spot without them being microscopic.

So IM POSITIVE when the new band promo pics arrive on these sites, you will see Gary's shining dome in all of them!!! Like a good doctor...- we need " lots of patients" patience! LOL!

:)

<>

The Queen
02-18-2008, 02:01 PM
What a relief! and tell them never to do that again! you can't leave one of the guys out...good design or not.

F1xx F@n4
02-18-2008, 02:15 PM
The music sounds like Lost Planes?

rockerchic
02-18-2008, 03:45 PM
I think the music is Lost Planes but maybe it is symbolic of "Lost Panes" for the missing Gary photo. I can't see the photos too clearly. Too much lighting and blur. I do like everything else though. Okay self - SHUT up! Be Patient - they will Fixx it!
Maybe this message board could do a song of the day (or month) more ways to showcase the music. Then again the people here already are familiar or they wouldn't be here.

shoeman
02-18-2008, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE] Originally posted by Diamond05

But i just talked to the source, and Gary is still playing with the guys..... There was never any discussion or anything to think that BAD thought
-------------------------------------------------

Hey, thanks Diamond.

Appreciate you following up on that.....

:tup:

Diamond05
02-18-2008, 09:50 PM
yeah- no need to worry everyone- the same great guys gonna be bringing us some great new tunes....

so nobody needs to be losing any sleep on this topic!

;)

d3

thefixxdotcom
02-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by The Queen
What a relief! and tell them never to do that again! you can't leave one of the guys out...good design or not.

I think you all didn't take to heart the words "W a i t . . f o r . . i t . . ."
There's a lot to rebuild, and we have time... wanted to showcase the new logo first and foremost.
And really, nobody is "left out," they are all bright, blurry shots of THE FIXX. Each page will have different header photos, just like we had. Just haven't got to them all yet.
We'll have nice, clear new photos of all the guys from the recording studio, but probably not for another month, okay?

BTW, "lost panes" - GOOD ONE!

The Queen
02-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by thefixxdotcom
I think you all didn't take to heart the words "W a i t . . f o r . . i t . . ."

A MOTHER worries...;)
Sorry to worry you too.
I'm sure it will all be very cool in the end.

Jetrell69
02-19-2008, 12:53 PM
I am excited to see the outcome......as long as it doesn't take as long as George Lucas took to actually decide he was going to complete "film" circle of Star Wars.

LMAO!!!!

Do it right, keep us in mind if you can, and make it a good one!!!

:)

Rock ON!!!

Shawn

rockerchic
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Okay so the omission of Gary's picture when this website page was in the process of a makeover, was it on purpose because the power that be knew already or did we make a scarey presumption at that time?

:( I am sorry to see Gary go but happy to hear that at least the Bass player is another Fixx member that has history that we all appreciate with our beloved band!

rockerchic
03-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I read it on the News of Fixx.com. Wow we are an intuitive bunch!
Great pictures! Now I will go have a listen to the podcast.

The Queen
03-03-2008, 06:36 AM
I think Heimo guessed it all along.

shoeman
03-03-2008, 07:47 AM
My gut tells me that Gary was pondering his future, but that nothing was final until later. I could be wrong. Just guessing.......

Carrie
10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Nice new pics on the site! But I couldn't help noticing that Jamie West-Oram is spelled Orem...

[Runs away before she can get hit by too many rotten tomatoes...they didn't call me the Spelling Nazi at one of my former jobs for nothing!]

timeandspace
10-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by so enchanting
Hey Cy, If you guys need any artwork for the new album or website, don't forget my friend, Candy Lucas, the wonderful Upstate NY collage artist whose Fixx inspired collage art book was living on your bus with you, would always love to be considered!

Hey Carrie - note that we're using the photo you took as our icon - thanks again! And isn't it nice to see the sun here today, sparkling up the tiny bits of snow wafting down from the tree limbs - a beautiful show for a grateful audience.

Tread lightly...
kath

Hello,
is there a link to some of Candy Lucas' work to see Fixx inspired collages? That's be interesting.

Thanks!

David

Carrie
10-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Carrie
Nice new pics on the site! But I couldn't help noticing that Jamie West-Oram is spelled Orem...

I kept forgetting to come back here and say thanks for the correction! :tup: