PDA

View Full Version : dan K in the studio, gary i guess is done ???

Diamond05
03-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Sunday, March 02, 2008

IN THE STUDIO!

We're crawling out of a strange winter and the Fixx is in the studio as we speak. Check our photos for some of our first snapshots from London. The one piece of important news that we have is that Dan K. Brown has joined us for these sessions. Gary Tibbs decided to rush off into an early retirement or look for other employment.
Wasn't for me to really try and read his mind further than what he said to us. So, goodbye Gary, wish you all the best; Hello Dan, and welcome back, I'm glad that your health has bounced back and if we can convince you to come out on the road, we will, but we're happy enough to have you just as a brilliant bass player that you are in the studio.
Please go log onto my CyCurnin MySpace for my Podcast on all this, downloadable free on iTunes. And see theFixx.com web site for photos and other news as well!!

Lots of Love-
-Cy

go here:

http://www.thefixx.com/update.shtml

shoeman
03-02-2008, 06:39 PM
How does one mourn and rejoice at the same time?

Love Gary's bass work.
Love Dan K.'s stuff, also.

Wow. Talk about "mixed emotions...."

:(

:)

Etc.......

Carrie
03-02-2008, 06:45 PM
From the Cy Podcast #5 thread, my take...

...First off, it's sad to bid farewell to Gary, but I'll always remember fondly his being the bass player when I became a big fan of the band, and I thank him for meeting us and generously adding his autograph to my Stage One photo set, Stage Two DVD, and FixxStixx. May your future bring you happiness, Gary, and I hope you enjoyed your time with us!

On the other hand, it's great to look forward to the return of a classic Fixx lineup (how many bands have such at their 25+ year point)? I hope things work out for the tour and I can meet Dan and thank him for past & present contributions to the group I've come to love in the last year (Dan, if the rest of the guys are issuing warnings and groaning, I'm not THAT bad, hahaha)!...

magical
03-03-2008, 05:24 AM
WELCOME BACK DAN K BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!

:goodie: :cheers:

The Queen
03-03-2008, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by shoeman
How does one mourn and rejoice at the same time?

Love Gary's bass work.
Love Dan K.'s stuff, also.

Wow. Talk about "mixed emotions...."

Etc.......

Having the same feelings, Shoeman. Happy to see an original member of the band if they need to replace someone, and yet at the same time torn that they have to replace anyone.

I will just have to see and hear!

tenohtwo
03-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Definitely good news/bad news. I liked Gary, sorry to see him go.

Welcome back, Dan.

gearhed289
03-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Fantastic news!

Fantastic news!

EquestrianGrl78
03-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Wow, I think I'm going to cry:( . I'm sad to see Gary leave, he was a great addition to the band as a bass player! Best of luck in the future Gary!! Also, welcome back to the band Dan!

Carrie
03-04-2008, 11:23 AM
More thoughts...wish they'd all come to me at once, but oh well...

I realized late last night that I was lucky enough to be at Gary's last two appearances with the Fixx. That put a lump in my throat, but I feel very fortunate.

I really wish I'd had a chance to have Gary sign my "Fixx journal". Hopefully, it'll be the first of many (it's getting full after only three shows), but since most of it describes the time Gary was part of the band, I would have loved to have had him sign it. On the other hand, I had Gary sign some great Fixx items, which I treasure just as much.

I was looking at the cover of my Ultimate Collection CD the other day, and it dawned on me that if Dan is able to tour, and I get a chance to meet him, I can finally think of having it signed. That album was the first Fixx album I bought, was what steered me into becoming a big fan, is my favorite picture of the guys, and I drag it EVERYWHERE with me. It's getting beat to heck, just like The Returning Sun album that I had Cy sign in Vegas (which he said SHOULD be in that condition), but I love it.

So, we'll see what the future brings!

The Queen
03-04-2008, 03:50 PM
From thefixx.com, according to Cy:

"The one piece of important news that I have today is that Dan K. Brown
has joined us for these sessions.......Hello Dan, and welcome back,
I'm glad that your health has bounced back and if we can convince you
to come out on the road, we will, but we're happy enough to have you
just as a brilliant bass player that you are in the studio."

I am not sure that I am reading that they are sure that Dan will tour with them. I hope he does, it would be great to meet him and hear him live. I have been watching the older videos from the days when he was with the band, and I know that this is what I fell in love with from the very beginning.

However, we will see what we will see, but for now it is nice to know that he able to record this new album with them, and that is great. I guess we'll just take it day by day.

Jetrell69
03-04-2008, 06:34 PM
To Gary

You were and are always a welcome soul when it comes to this band and the music. Many thanks for what you've given and much happiness to you.

To Dan,

You were and are always a welcome soul when it comes to the band and the music. Many thanks for your return and for what you've given.

In other words.....BOTH of you have my blessings and best hopes.....Cheers!!!

Here's to another fine round of music and fun.

I like to think that the mixed emotion syndrome is just so much happiness at once....like this situation...that you have to sort it out before you're able to express it. There is a glory in both situations that can lead to even greater success to all involved...the longevity of the band and the music is all the proof I need of that.

:) :)

Shawn

Fixxation
03-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Hello All,

I haven't been keeping up lately. Miss all of The Fixxtures:) Great to hear the boys are back in the Studio. Sad to hear about Gary Tibbs.

As others have said welcome back Dan K. Brown. Looking forward to the new album.

Fixxation

Octopulse
05-03-2008, 01:34 PM
just got a new sound card and speakers, so therefore a whole new appreciation of Dans skills

that bass-work during the 'dreamtime' break in Walkabout, Jamie getting dreamy while Dan gets busy on fretless, brilliant and masterful its no small wonder Dan has played in reknowned Orchestras

funny i saw an old video on youtube and it was weird to see Dan actually moving around a bit, i always thought his 'robot-pose' was the perfect counterpoint to Jamies jumping around, anyway very glad to hear this news about Dan, Cya:cool: