PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Tour polls

tenohtwo
03-03-2008, 02:38 PM
There are nine new polls on the Elected board. I have picked five in-concert 'rarities' from every album from Shuttered Room through Ink. Pick the rarity you'd most like to hear live, and after a couple of weeks of voting, I'll compile the winners for a final vote. If the band likes what they see, maybe we can get another surprise this summer?

If you don't see your favorite live rarity listed, it's for one of three reasons:

1. There's always a good chance they'll play it live (Outside, Less Cities)
2. It was played roughly in the last 10 years (I Found You, Opinions, Liner)
3. Too many rare choices on the album (Phantoms, Calm Animals, Ink)

If the majority feels strongly about a particular missing track (um, Lost In Battle Overseas??), it will be noted.

Please vote! Thank you.

Carrie
03-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the effort to put this together! It's been interesting to see how my preferences compare to the overall vote.

shoeman
03-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes, thank you so much. A great idea.

1002, could we also do a poll for the Happy Landings And Lost Tracks album? Some attractive selections on there.....

Jetrell69
03-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Been there.......Voted!!!!

:) :)

Nice polls, thanks for the extra work....MOST appreciated.

Shawn

tenohtwo
03-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by shoeman
1002, could we also do a poll for the Happy Landings And Lost Tracks album? Some attractive selections on there.....

Done deal.

Carrie
03-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Hmm...we may need Missing Links too...because I would give something significant to hear Venture Out live (one of my favorite Fixx songs at the moment).

Would also suggest Time In A Glass and The Other Side Of The Story in the unreleased category, and would love to hear Shred of Evidence from Calm Animals (or have they done that too recently for inclusion)?

tenohtwo
03-05-2008, 11:06 AM
I was actually about to put up another non-album poll (only mods can edit existing ones), so that I can add Time In A Glass, Lighthouse, and a few Missing Links songs. I'm sure Lighthouse will win in a landslide, but those songs should get a vote, too. I'd like to hear Digging Up The Rock live, but I probably have a better chance of winning the Powerball tonight!

Shred Of Evidence was last played on the Ink tour, if memory serves (I don't recall hearing it on more recent tours..anyone?). The other songs were last played on the Calm Animals tour, so they edge it out slightly. It's definitely a cool live song. If enough people 'write in' Shred, then it will certainly be accounted for. When I first bought CA in '89, that was one of my early favorites on the CD.

tenohtwo
03-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Suppose I should close this first round of voting sometime soon, probably this weekend. Get your votes in!

tenohtwo
03-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Round 2 is officially under way. I forgot to time out the polls, so I'll just let these go for a couple of weeks, until the voting dies down. I split the Round 1 winners into two groups - 82-89, and 91-03 (6 choices each). This'll enable voting for older and new songs. Cast 'em..

tenohtwo
04-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Not much activity for the 2nd Round, so here are the results:

6 The Sign of Fire
5 Lonely As A Lighthouse
4 In Suspense
3 Yesterday, Today
2 All About You
2 Taking The Long Way Home
1 Ocean Blue
1 Mayfly
1 Cause To Be Alarmed
0 Camphor
0 I Live
0 Modern World

Diamond05
04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
i thought the live Shred version was in dire need to be shredded from the set list...

that song and sense the adventure were chaos and didnt come off well outside of the studio.

Of course i love the polished studio renditions, but it was "all over the place" live...

So don't beat the dead horses! LOL!

Look forward to the new stuff-

:)

dIII

shoeman
04-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for taking our votes, 1002.

Yes, it would be cool to hear "The Sign Of Fire" live. You bet.

:cool:

Diamond05
04-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Sign of Fire.... a good song...
But listen how HIGH Cy's voice is in that one- (he's not 20 anymore!)

His voice is a bit more deeper with age, and to recreate something that high may hurt/strain his voice and maybe end up cancelling a gig(s) if doing it every night- maybe just at a couple a shows.... hey- ya never know... ???

I like the JCash low voice... like GOD is talking to ya!-
like the tail end of "Touch" "....past all caring....."

just mee 2 cents

Even Bono sings sunday bloody sunday in a detuned arrangement these days, since he cant hit those cloud high notes like he did when he was 18-23 yrs old!

tenohtwo
04-04-2008, 09:18 AM
I thought about that, but they could always play the song in a different key so he can sing lower (The Police and U2 both do that). Personally, I think he can still hit those notes, and make it through an entire set. Of course, they haven't played it live in 25 years, so maybe it was an issue back in '83?

Oh, I just saw your Bono comment, so you already knew that.