PDA

View Full Version : Bargain Bin Treasure.......

Jetrell69
03-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey all,

Recently I've been picking up vinyl L.P.'s because I miss the ones I used to own. While out I stopped into a CD Exchange (Bargain Shop for used CD's) that is in my area. I was just browsing, jamming to the menagerie of tunes they were spinning and I stopped. I thought I saw a "Fixx" cd. I usually look as there are on or two I need to fill gaps.

Low and behold, I pulled the disc from the rack and it was a very clean, well kept copy of "Want That Life".....one I didn't have and one I know own for $4.99USD. I replaced the outer case for this and it looks like it never left the house.....WHOOHOO is all I can say.

Bargain Bin shopping does pay off on occasion. This time it was me...next time it might be one of you....here's to hoping everyone finds a gem like this that fills a hole in their collection for such a fine price.

:) :)

Shawn

Carrie
03-20-2008, 10:35 AM
My Dan excels at this...I have to keep a real tight lid on my jealousy when he or we go bargain CD shopping, because he finds them in minutes, and I don't have any luck. I was very fortunate to have friends help me find a lot of Fixx stuff when I first became a fan, or it would have taken me a long time to catch up!

Good luck out there...

rockerchic
03-20-2008, 10:51 AM
I am an Ebay addict! Working on completing my Fixx collection and found many great bargains. I even found Cy's "When Pigs Fly". I only need to get Happy Landings, Missing Links, and I guess Phantoms as my cassette must have disappeared with a phantom. I have the casing but have no clue where my cassette went? I am playing so much Fixx that my children now know the names of the songs and some of the lyrics. Kayleigh was looking at an insert and says Cy is really cute! Move over Anthony from the Wiggles, we got a new crush going on!:laugh:

shoeman
03-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Vinyl? Cassettes?

I know this little hole-in-the-wall discount record shop called Charlemagne's, a fun place to browse and audition. On various trips there, I found:

*Three copies of Walkabout ($1.00 each)
*Phantoms on vinyl (3 bucks)
*In addition to the Walkabout cassettes, I also discovered the Thompson Twins' Close To The Bone on tape, featuring our own Jamie on guitar ($3.98, I think)

On top of that, there's an all-natural restaurant across the street that serves a mean vegetarian enchilada.......

:)

Jetrell69
03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
It can get really wild searching for stuff. eBay is how I found the "How Much Is Enough" Single and the "One Thing Leads To Another" Remix single done by DJ Boris & Doug Beck. The "One Thing" single actually came with the magazine article that featured a story about the remix process for this song.

I found "Happy Landings" on eBay for cheap and "Missing Links". I am awaiting my Canadian Radio Promo CD of "Ink" at present.

You never know until you look........

:) :)

Come to think of it I also got my "25th Anniversary Anthology", "Real Time Stood Still", and my "20th Century Masters Millennium Collection" from eBay as well...definitely a place for collectors. You just have to be careful who you are buying from as your money is just as important as theirs is.

;)

rockerchic
03-20-2008, 04:37 PM
In the mail today I am so psyched as I received 4 still new in package cd's -
one of which is remix and Extended Club mixes of One Things leads to Another, like Jetrell just posted about.
Another a CD entitled "Thoughtscape Sounds "97 Sampler CD which has Cy Curnin's songs "Mayfly" and "Day to Day"
then there is "New Prohibition - A musical History of Hemp" and of course "New Prohibition" by Cy Curnin is on this.
And this CD I can't wait to hear "When Pigs Fly - Songs You Never Thought You'd Hear" with The Fixx's "These Boots are Made for Walking". All 4 CD's I got for $4.99.
I am in a musical nirvana!:D

Carrie
03-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Rockerchic, your daughter has good taste in crushes, and shoeman, you may find some snowbirds paying you a visit! hehehe!