PDA

View Full Version : Peru Rocks

Katrina
04-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Peru Rocks was officially announced last week and you can see details here:

www.perurocks.org

You will see Cy and Jamie are back on board for the trip.

You will also see me on the list - so if you fancy sponsoring me please do.

Do you want to be bored by tales of the trip and photos....

Love Kxx

shoeman
04-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Hey!!

Nice to see members of Fastball involved in this one.

Thanks, Katrina.....

xx

Cygnet
04-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Katrina

Do you want to be bored by tales of the trip and photos....

Yes, PLEASE!!! I sure wish I could go but we have too much family "stuff "going on this year. How beautiful it would be to make that trek, even if it wasn't for a great cause, which it is!...and even if Jamie and Cy WEREN'T going! This world is a beautiful place. I'm glad you'll get to enjoy it. I for one, would love any pictures or updates you might post.
Thank You!
Rhonda

Katrina
04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Okay no problem :) lol its a great charity - been involved since the beginning so any support is fantastic

xxxx

dejapete
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Peru Rocks will be starting soon. We're looking forward to information on the climbers' progress.

I often wonder, how do the trekkers prepare for their climbs? Do they show just show up, or do they undergo some personal training beforehand?

Carrie
10-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I remember Cy saying something in a podcast last year about mostly cycling a lot, and that he noticed he was getting in better shape because he'd get up to pee in the night and make it to the bathroom in half the time :p Then again, he does a lot of physical activity, so I do wonder what a paper pusher would have to do!

45 rpm
10-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Peru Rocks Messages Now Open

We encourage you to send us messages on the mountain through our satellite messaging system.
Simply fill out the form at the link below and your message will be transmitted to us via satellite and read to the trekkers each night.
We love to hear it all...stories about the kids, latest sports scores, ask questions...anything at all!!

Messaging is now open for today's date of our journey, please click on today's date under "instructions" at:

http://www.perurocks.org/journal/oct6/

Carrie
10-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I knew something was funny when the Fixx's twitter feed said "Follow Cy on his journey", and the Peru Rocks itinerary said Cy would be part of a kickoff concert, with no mention of Jamie. Sure enough, Jamie is no longer listed with the musicians attending, and is instead listed with "additional fundraisers" at the bottom of the page. So what happened that he didn't go? Hope all is okay! I know he's gotta be BUMMED he's not there! :(

Diamond05
10-08-2008, 04:25 AM
Pretty sure he still has his commitments to his guitar students, and didnt wanna leave them hanging indefinitely.

Carrie
10-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I thought about that, but he was gone even longer at this time last year. Ah well, the important things are that he helped financially support the endeavor, and that his absence isn't because of bad circumstances. That said, he'll be missed, not just by me, but fans and trekkers (especially Cy!) alike!

musegirl
10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Just wanted to pass along an oh so brief message from Cy, received this afternoon:

All good. Warm reconnectiions. Another foot in front of the other.

Carrie
10-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Massage from Cy? Ohhh... Oh. Message. :o

Sorry, couldn't resist!!! Glad he's having a good time!

45 rpm
10-09-2008, 07:12 PM
The first video podcast and photos from day 2 are now up.
Extremely emotional.
http://www.perurocks.org/journal/oct8/
Each day there will be a new journal entry, photos and video shot from the days events.
And please be sure to leave a message for the trekkers as well. They really appreciate all the support as they move further on the trek.

thebunbun
10-20-2008, 04:19 PM
I was on perurocks.org the other day and noticed the same thing about Jamie. I was wondering what happened. I hope he's ok. Glad to hear Cy is doing well.

Carrie
10-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Sooo, I was just catching up on the last few days of Peru Rocks, and the updates they've made to the site. On Day 16, when Cy is singing to the kids in the hospital, I'm totally not recognizing the song. Is it a Fixx rarity I'm just not picking up on, one of the other bands' songs he's sharing vocals on, a cover, OR...

...are we witnessing the birth of a brand new Fixx/Cy song? :eek: :D :eek:

I'm giddy with anticipation!!! And glad the patients were the lucky ones to hear it first, if it's new :tup: :tup:

musegirl
10-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi gang,

Just wanted to let you know that there's a new podcast from Cy available this morning where he talks about his recent adventure in Peru. You can get it from iTunes, the Downloads (http://www.cycurnin.com/?page_id=7) page on cycurnin.com, and listen to it streaming on Cy's Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/cycurnin) page.

Steve Pariseau
10-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Thank you Lisa :)

Carrie
10-23-2008, 10:45 PM
So, it looks like it may have been a new song! Sweet! I can't wait for the download :tup: Definitely a sad situation that the guys want to be playing and the powers that be can't (or don't think they can) make it come together, though. That's just criminal. Hope that situation changes soon.

Love you too, Cy, and we'll try to remember that as tested as our health has been lately, we could all be even closer to the edge.

Sharing the warmth :cool:

Katrina
10-24-2008, 03:02 PM
I've put some of my photos up here

http://hackenbushherald.freeforums.org/peru-rocks-photos-t1746.html

I'll post some of Cy on here shortly - just need to sort them out.

Thanks for your support to LHSF

Love Kxx

Steve Pariseau
10-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Great shots, thanks for posting them.

rockerchic
10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Thank you Musegirl and Cy for the podcast. Looking forward to those newly inspired songs from Cy! Maybe you can call the next CD "With Love,Hope,Strength from Cy in the Sky".:p ;)

Katrina - I have viewed your lovely photos and want to say a great big thank you for sharing them with us and thanks for representing "The Alarm Harem!" Wished I could have been there but after viewing those steep steps, I think I rather sit back and enjoy the footage that you brave trekkers have taken for us.:D :cheers:

Katrina
10-25-2008, 02:47 AM
My pleasure and I will adding some more over the weekend as I took quite a few..... lol

Katrina
10-25-2008, 02:47 AM
My pleasure and I will adding some more over the weekend as I took quite a few..... lol

Katrina
10-25-2008, 02:48 AM