PDA

View Full Version : New Date confirmed in Ohio

Ragpicker
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
:goodie:

The Fixx will be part of a 10 band line-up in Dayton, Ohio on July 5th.

Others include -
Naked Eyes
Flock of Seagulls
The Romantics
Scandal
Howard Jones
Taylor Dane
Survivor
Night Ranger
Lou Gramm
......all day 80's fest!

I don't post often, but I thought the Fixtures would love the news.

Carrie
04-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Hmmm...if I don't end up having to work on the 4th, this may be worth driving out for...have to see if there's anything closer to home, though.

Thanks for the heads up!

thebunbun
04-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Wow, what a line up!

Ragpicker
04-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Tickets went on sale today for the July 5th show.

The Fraze Pavillion in Kettering, Ohio will be hosting the all day event that starts at noon. The Fraze is an intimate outdoor venue that is half the size of the typical outdoor ampthitheater.

Here's the link to the show...
http://www.fraze.com/popup.cfm?EventNum=179

Diamond05
05-01-2008, 09:48 AM
If ya didnt know- Kettering is on the outskirts of Dayton, OH.

I had to look it up and ease my mind!

;)

paste
05-27-2008, 09:07 AM
I just noticed that the Fixx is no longer on the bill at this show. Does anyone know what happened? It has been almost 10 years since I have seen them and was looking forward to see them.

musegirl
05-27-2008, 11:11 AM
It's always best to hang tight until a date is confirmed by the Band officially before making plans. I would guess that this date probably didn't stick because there aren't any contiguous dates on either side booked. Touring is expensive and time consuming, so they have to bundle the dates together.

Ed, can you confirm this one's not happening?

paste
05-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by musegirl
It's always best to hang tight until a date is confirmed by the Band officially before making plans. I would guess that this date probably didn't stick because there aren't any contiguous dates on either side booked. Touring is expensive and time consuming, so they have to bundle the dates together.

Ed, can you confirm this one's not happening?

I go to the Summerfest show almost every year and they have never dropped a band before, so it made sense to purchase tickets when they went on sale, since the show generally sells out every year.

The Fixx playing wasn't a deal breaker for me when deciding to go to the show, since there are other acts on the bill that I like and the annual summer fest show is usually fun (The Fixx played it about 5 years ago), but it is a bummer because it has been so long since I have seen them and since they were one of the few bands on the bill that still had the lineup pretty much intact.

The venue sent out an email this morning saying that the Fixx had been replaced with an Asia tribute band, which doesn't seem like a fair trade.

Ragpicker
05-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Sad news indeed.....that Fraze show 5 years ago was played during a huge rain storm.

I traveled all the way to Mississippi to see them a couple of years ago, and this Fraze show was going to be in my back yard.:mad:

I guess its time to add another little trip to this summer - but where? I'd rather travel to see them do their own full show, then share it with The Alarm/English Beat.

Are any of the confirmed dates just The Fixx?

Jedizim
05-28-2008, 08:26 AM
I have tickets for summerfest...5th row center...was SO looking forward to seeing the Fixx again...SIGH. Oh well, I will still go and enjoy the other bands that are going to be there...especially one of my other favorites Night Ranger!!

BTW...the Asia that they have gotten is not really a tribute band...it is "Asia Featuring John Payne" featuring three members from later incarnations of Asia. So maybe they won't be TOO bad.

Carrie
05-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Ragpicker
Are any of the confirmed dates just The Fixx?

As I understand it, the following are the Fixx by themselves:

Newton, MA, Wednesday, June 25
Orlando, FL, Thursday, June 26
St. Petersburg, FL, Friday, June 27
Middletown, DE, Saturday, August 2

I too like to go to the ones with the Fixx alone, as well as the RTC shows. If you go to the MA or DE shows, maybe we can meet up!

paste
05-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Jedizim
I have tickets for summerfest...5th row center...was SO looking forward to seeing the Fixx again...SIGH. Oh well, I will still go and enjoy the other bands that are going to be there...especially one of my other favorites Night Ranger!!

BTW...the Asia that they have gotten is not really a tribute band...it is "Asia Featuring John Payne" featuring three members from later incarnations of Asia. So maybe they won't be TOO bad.

I'll be sitting pretty close to you, I got 2nd row tickets on the right side of the stage.

I actually saw Asia a few years ago on their last tour before the original line up reunited and that line up had John Payne and the guitar player from Asia featuring John Payne. They were good, but most of the set was made up of stuff from the original line up. From what I understand (and based on the 80s theme of the Fraze show), John Payne's Asia is going to be playing a fair amount of 80s material, which nobody in the current band had anything to do with, which basically makes it a tribute band. It will be kind of like seeing Gary Tibbs performing as the Fixx.

Jedizim
05-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by paste
I'll be sitting pretty close to you, I got 2nd row tickets on the right side of the stage.

I actually saw Asia a few years ago on their last tour before the original line up reunited and that line up had John Payne and the guitar player from Asia featuring John Payne. They were good, but most of the set was made up of stuff from the original line up. From what I understand (and based on the 80s theme of the Fraze show), John Payne's Asia is going to be playing a fair amount of 80s material, which nobody in the current band had anything to do with, which basically makes it a tribute band. It will be kind of like seeing Gary Tibbs performing as the Fixx.

That is a very good point! I guess I will just hope they put on a decent show and cover the Asia songs fairly well.

I really wish the Fixx hadn't dropped out of the show. Seeing them again REALLY would have really made this the best summerfest yet. I saw Night Ranger during Summerfest 8 years ago...saw the Fixx in that torrential downpour a few years ago...I go almost every year as long as I like the bands!

Ragpicker
05-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Jedizim
That is a very good point! I guess I will just hope they put on a decent show and cover the Asia songs fairly well.

I really wish the Fixx hadn't dropped out of the show. Seeing them again REALLY would have really made this the best summerfest yet. I saw Night Ranger during Summerfest 8 years ago...saw the Fixx in that torrential downpour a few years ago...I go almost every year as long as I like the bands!

Dropping the Fixx is a big loss for the show. My hope is that Howard Jones picks up the slack - he was fabulous live in the 80's. I'm more interested in the "new wave" acts at the beginning of the line-up then the pop-rock bands at the end.

For those planning on attending Summerfest in need of tickets, I have two sets of extra seats in the pit for face value:

Section C, Row II, Seat 1-2
Section C, Row FF, Seat 17-18

If you are interested, please respond and we can make arrangements. I will be putting them up for sale on ebay as we get closer to the show.