PDA

View Full Version : 2008 tour dates As of 5.15.08

Diamond05
05-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Dates listed from FIXX central, confirmed 'fo sure dates.....

06/25 BOKX109@Hotel Indigo Newton, MA
06/26 Hard Rock Velvet Sessions Orlando, FL
06/27 Janus Landing St. Petersburg, FL

ROCKIN' THE COLONIES II

Rockin the Colonies II

with THE ENGLISH BEAT and THE ALARM
07/10 9:30 Club Washington D.C.
07/12 nTelos Wireless Pavillion Portsmouth, VA
07/13 Fillmore Irving Plaza New York, NY
07/17 Harrah's VooDoo Lounge Maryland Heights, MO
07/19 Crossroads Kansas City, MO
07/25 Sunset Station Las Vegas, NV
07/27 House Of Blues Anaheim, CA
07/31 The Mountain Winery Saratoga, CA

thefixxdotcom
05-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Vegas moved a day. July 26.
More dates to be filled in. I am hoping they are able to make up for the canceled dates last year in Colorado and Texas. Also dates in the Northwest. We've been getting a lot of mail from Portland/Seattle. Just be patient everyone

Carrie
05-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Question - are all shows part of the Rockin' the Colonies tour, or just the ones below where it says that?

EquestrianGrl78
05-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Whoohoo, Anaheim!! That's only approximately an hour away from where I live, and it's all ages. How awesome is that!! I am purchasing my ticket really soon!:)

Alicia

bradluke0
05-16-2008, 02:38 PM
hi all !! This is too cool to be true !! We get to see the boys at both Orlando Hard Rock and Jannus Landing next month. Jannus Landing being my all time favorite venue .I was kinda planning to see them in Virginia and Las Vegas , now I have choices (for me not always a good thing ). I wonder if Cindy is ready for a few road trips? This is gonna get interesting . have a great weekend everyone, I know I am......brad

magical
05-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Can't wait for the St. Louis show!!! YES!:cheers: :goodie:

thebunbun
05-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Oh yeah! 2 shows in Florida! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :wave:

:goodie:

I hope I can get those days off. I just started a new job and you know how it is. I have to figure something out. :idea:

Carrie
05-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Hmmm, looks like there's some shows with the Fixx alone and some with Rockin' the Colonies...we may have to try for the MA show as well as the DC/Virginia shows, to get the best of both worlds! Gotta see if we can fit it all in...maybe I should pick up some overtime for the gas $$$!!!

If you end up going to VA, bradluke, we may see you!

EquestrianGrl78
05-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Hey, I was wondering if any of the California Fixxtures are attending the Anaheim show, that would be great to see some of you there! I am really excited for this show!!:)

Alicia

pippi617
05-17-2008, 12:13 PM
I think it would be safe to assume that there will surely be MANY California Fixxtures there. Both old and new. Everyone should be crawling out of the woodwork for this one! Anaheim is a nice close distance. :)

:cheers: :cheers:

bradluke0
05-17-2008, 08:26 PM
hi all ! wow , I have many questions......is Dan touring with the boys ?? Carrie ...we hope we can make VA , hope to see you there ! Rockerchic.....will you be making any of the shows ?? Dr Roger....your tan is fading , a trip to FL will do you good !! bunbun...maybe we can have a beer in ST Pete ?? can't wait for the answers to these and many other questions....brad

thebunbun
05-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Absolutely bradluke! :cheers:

I am so looking forward to these shows! I hope to see you all there.

Tom and I are thinking instead of driving back and forth from home to the shows just to get a hotel and make it a mini vacation, Thurs to Sun. Sounds like a plan to me! He's never seen the Fixx before or visited any of the parks so we may do 1 park if we have time.

rockerchic
05-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Yes I plan on attending The Filmore at Irving Plaza in New York City. I believe 45 r.p.m. thought they may add Jenkinson's - If they should add a show at Jenkinson's in New Jersey I will go too! ( I decided to secretly stash away some money to buy the tickets!)
I will also be at MUSIC FEST in Cranford, New Jersey on September 5th and September 6th. The Alarm and many other great bands are in the works for this event. The 6th is The Love,Hope,Strength walkathon so if anyone would like to sponsor me again, please be in touch with me this summer. Thanks!

P.S. - BradLuke - I finally have "my special gift" on the wall. It was my winter project to make a special photo section to coordinate with the gift and I hung it over my computer. I will take a photo and post it real soon!:)

rockerchic
05-18-2008, 08:59 AM
SO I looked on the tour page at The Fixx.Com and just noticed The House of Blues in Atlantic City :D :goodie: BUT I looked up HOB on the internet and nothing is listed for The Fixx or the RTC tour? AC/DC and Black Sabath were listed????? Anyone have any information to clarify this? Thanks!

Hey Brad, maybe you and Cindy can make the trip up the coast and we can officially meet?

msmith1
05-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Looks like I won't be seeing you all this go around:(
Dang...love to see everybody, help with the merch:(

Kim:(

Skippy
05-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Definitely the St. Pete show and hopefully the Orlando show. The Velvet Sessions show was great last year and I think the band likes the Janus Landing venue. Hope to meet some of you.

Doctor Roger
05-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey Brad and All Fixxtures East, North, and all points in between....

Brad, you are right, I need Tan Help that only Florida can provide. I'm trying hard to make the Orlando, St. Pete, N.Y. and Atlantic City shows. I'm more sure of the Las Vegas, Anaheim, and Saratoga shows. SO looking forward to seeing Brad, Cindy, Rockerchic, Allicat, Kevcat, PIPPI, Noreen, and so many other fans/friends I've come to know.

In Vegas last tour, the comeradie was unlike anything I've done before, except maybe Santa Cruz and the Phoenix Zoo. I can only imagine how much fun this tour will be. Looking forward to seeing and meeting Dan, if he will be on tour with the guys.

A special thanks to our webmaster Ed for posting the confirmed dates. Ed is all over it and is great at what he does for the band and for his fellow fans.

Counting down the days....

Love to All,

Dr. Roger:cheers:

thefixxdotcom
05-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by rockerchic
SO I looked on the tour page at The Fixx.Com and just noticed The House of Blues in Atlantic City :D :goodie: BUT I looked up HOB on the internet and nothing is listed for The Fixx or the RTC tour? AC/DC and Black Sabath were listed????? Anyone have any information to clarify this? Thanks!

Our joke we're passing around right now (begun by manager Rob) is that the guys always wanted to cover AC/DC and Sabbath, so Cy will finally get to sing Back In Black... (well, in front of an audience!)

sorry Tribute guys, the night belongs to Rockin' The Colonies...

rockerchic
05-20-2008, 07:16 AM
that would be interesting! They should throw one in for all of the fans who have been wondering the same thing about this date. Maybe even "You Shook Me All Night Long". Jamie can wear the Angus Young school boy get-up.:p :laugh: Thanks for the affirmation of the July 11th date. My mom is going to be at the Showboat on June 2nd so I will let her know she can pick my tickets up!:goodie:

rockerchic
05-20-2008, 07:20 AM
Hope to see you too at one of these East Coast show! Let me know if you are coming and maybe we can do dinner and or drinks?
We need our talented MC to bring the bands on! I do hope to see and meet more fans this year as well! :cheers:

Doctor Roger
05-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Hello All,

If they were going to do an obscure song, I'd LOVE to see them do their version of "These Boots Are Made For Walking". I know that very few fans would "vote" for this song, and the odds of them doing it are long, it's just such a great cover IMO that I've always wanted to see it live.

I hope to see you as well, Sherrie! I'm trying to work out the details ever since the dates came out. AC would be a blast again.... NYC will be classic, and the Florida shows will be wild! What more can we ask for?

Regarding the MC duties, I'm not sure how it will play out on this tour. Thanks for your comment, it warms my heart and I'm always ready and willing to do it. I've also introduced both the Beat and the Alarm, so who knows? I also don't know if there will be merch sold and if there will be any meet and greets. I will certainly be helping in some way at the shows I'm at, if they need me.

See you soon I hope.....

Dr. Roger:cool:

Carrie
05-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Gonna be a tough decision...

Would love to go to the shows up here and see some familiar faces and meet a lot of you I talk to on here! Trouble is, we probably wouldn't want to drive in NYC, so getting around (and getting back to work in time on Monday) could be a headache.

DC/VA would make for a nice mini-vacation, especially as we were thinking of taking in the new part of the Air and Space Museum the Friday between those shows, and maybe seeing some of the Fixxtures in that neck of the woods. We'd also have the car, which is good, but on the other hand, it's a lot further from home. Getting away can be good, though...

Too bad we can't do them all - makes for appreciation of the band's going up and down the coast for four consecutive days, though it'll probably mean little time to chat with the guys, and be tough on the voices!

In any case, the MA and now the DE shows are looking good for me/us...anyone going to those? A little over a month away for MA...WOOHOO!!!

Once we know what shows we're going to, put me on the list of people willing to help with merchandise, etc., too!

rockerchic
05-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Carrie - how about taking the train into NYC? That is Kevin and I will be doing as we are not daring enough for big city driving!:eek:

Wilkie UK
05-21-2008, 03:25 AM
I'm not going to attend any of these shows :(

tenohtwo
05-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Please, no bad cover songs! Ministry just embarrassed themselves on their 'farewell' tour with an encore featuring covers of the Doors' "Roadhouse Blues", ZZ Top's "Just Got Paid", and the Stones' "Under My Thumb". Not that Ministry's at the top of their game these days, but what a disappointing way to say goodbye to their fans (they also ignored 5 of their studio albums and several of their more popular songs).

If an AZ date isn't added, I'll likely make the roadie w/some friends to the Vegas gig. Hard to pass up, considering the show's on a Saturday.

thebunbun
05-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Just to let you all know, Thursday at 5:00 pm the tickets for

The Fixx
June 27, 2008
Jannus Landing
St. Petersburg, FL
http://www.jannuslandingconcerts.com/home_v1.htm

goes on sale on Ticketmaster!!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/106731

deanm
05-27-2008, 07:33 AM
........and any UK dates planned?:)

buffalo-girl
05-30-2008, 04:41 AM
i don't see any buffalo date either?? bummer!!! dee:(

Carrie
05-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Just got our tix for DC and Portsmouth last night and this morning - woohoo - getting excited! Going in early to work today to get some overtime and pay for 'em! hehe!

Shroombaker
06-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by bradluke0
hi all !! This is too cool to be true !! We get to see the boys at both Orlando Hard Rock and Jannus Landing next month. Jannus Landing being my all time favorite venue .I was kinda planning to see them in Virginia and Las Vegas , now I have choices (for me not always a good thing ). I wonder if Cindy is ready for a few road trips? This is gonna get interesting . have a great weekend everyone, I know I am......brad

How do I get tickets for the Orlando Hard Rock Velvet Sessions show?

thebunbun
06-07-2008, 03:53 PM
I was wondering the same thing, I need Orlando Velvet Session tickets! :(

Shroombaker
06-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by thebunbun
I was wondering the same thing, I need Orlando Velvet Session tickets! :(

Hard Rock Orlando doesn't register the date:

06.07.08 MARIO CANTONE
06.14.08 FOUNDERS DAY
06.14.08 Orlando Pin Trader Meeting
06.14.08 CLASSIC ALBUMS LIVE Featuring THE BEATLES
06.20.08 MISS MONSTER 2008
06.24.08 MODEST MOUSE
06.30.08 AdultSwim Presents METALOCALYPSE: DETHKLOK

I also went to: http://www.velvetsessions.com/events.asp

The date does say June 26th, $25.00, but the band is TBA. I signed up for an eVite to see what happens.

-Dustin

Diamond05
06-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Well i am quite sure if it appears on the Fixx site it is a done deal. They are really good about posting ONLY the shows which are confirmed signed and sealed.

Some venues post concert dates before they are officially signed, which is not a good practice to follow in case it doesn't work out- or they have to switch dates. It would suck to go book a hotel/plane tix/ car/ concert tix and then find out that show was only tentative....

that why the fixx are real good about having their fans best interest before letting the cat out of the bag....

So im sure its probably just the venue not getting around yet to post that date. Maybe they're waiting for some details before advertising it (maybe new promo info or something ??)

hang in there and go support the world's best underrated band- spread the word !

hope that helps-

d3 <>

thebunbun
06-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I figured if the Fixx announced it then they would know, right? :D

I saw the TBA on the Velvet Sessions site. Please hurry! :goodie:

The suspense is killing me! :eek:

Orlando
06-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Shroombaker
Hard Rock Orlando doesn't register the date:

06.07.08 MARIO CANTONE
06.14.08 FOUNDERS DAY
06.14.08 Orlando Pin Trader Meeting
06.14.08 CLASSIC ALBUMS LIVE Featuring THE BEATLES
06.20.08 MISS MONSTER 2008
06.24.08 MODEST MOUSE
06.30.08 AdultSwim Presents METALOCALYPSE: DETHKLOK

I also went to: http://www.velvetsessions.com/events.asp

The date does say June 26th, $25.00, but the band is TBA. I signed up for an eVite to see what happens.

-Dustin

The Velvet Sessions shows are not held at the Hard Rock concert venue at Citywalk (Universal Studio's "downtown" attraction). The VS shows are held in the large lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel. The Hotel is on the Universal Studios property (it's one of three Loews Hotesl on the property). The bar next to the lobby is named the "Velvet Room" and the concerts are called the Velvet Sessions (the bar is too small for a band). The Hard Rock folks convert the main/lower part of the lobby in to a concert hall. It's pretty amazing how they squeeze a stage, lighting and amps in to one end. The transformation is quite a feat.

Your best bet is to keep checking the website for details. There's no need to worry. They (the VS folks) are sometimes slow to update the website. A few years ago there wasn't even a website and it was even harder to get show details or to get your name on to the official invite list. There was one phone number and it usually went to an answering machine. You can pretty much show up on the day (evening) of the show and get in. They don't ask for your name or reservation information. Just get there at least 30 minutes prior to the event start (6:30 PM) and you'll be fine. You may have to wait in line to pay the $25, but you shouldn't have any problem getting in. Last month's show (Bret Michaels, solo) sold out on the day of the event. I don't know if it truly sold out because they don't do pre-sales for the VS shows and I did not go. They were probably just anticipating a large crowd and they must have figured stating "sold out!" in the last email update might keep some people at home. I know the October 2007 show (Vince Neil, solo) was sold-out, but they did not turn away people until right before the show actually started. That show was a zoo.

Anyway, the VS shows are very intimate and I think (I am probably wrong) that this will be the fifth time that The Fixx have done a VS show.

The band typically does a nice meet & greet after the show too.

Enjoy.

hazelnut
06-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Okay I'm patiently waiting for a Chicago show to come up. I hope I'm not disappointed. :(

KITTYkls70
06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Me too!!!!

...especially since I don't think the previously mentioned Ribfest performance in Naperville is going to pan out - it seems to me that all of the entertainment slots have already been filled with other artists.

Summer just isn't summer without a Fixx concert to look forward to and attend...

:love:

PLEASE, OH PLEASE, COME TO CHICAGO!!!!!!!!

Shroombaker
06-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Orlando
Your best bet is to keep checking the website for details. There's no need to worry. They (the VS folks) are sometimes slow to update the website.

Yes indeedy, the VS website has been updated with Fixx information!

http://www.velvetsessions.com/events.asp

thebunbun
06-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks Orlando for the info on the VS gig, it looks like it's going to be an awesome show.

hazelnut
06-15-2008, 08:20 PM
oh no I was counting on that at least! I actually wasn't a big fan of ribfest- just too crowded and too much traffic, but they did put on a great show there last year so I can't really complain. They better come to Chicago though! There is no road trip in my future!

Originally posted by KITTYkls70
Me too!!!!

...especially since I don't think the previously mentioned Ribfest performance in Naperville is going to pan out - it seems to me that all of the entertainment slots have already been filled with other artists.

Summer just isn't summer without a Fixx concert to look forward to and attend...

:love:

PLEASE, OH PLEASE, COME TO CHICAGO!!!!!!!!

pippi617
06-19-2008, 04:29 PM
I see a San Fran date . . . is that new? Aug 1st - The Fillmore - is also on Pollstar.

rockerchic
06-19-2008, 07:23 PM
The Fillmore in Cali. is just The English Beat and The Alarm. I seen it posted on The English Beat's MySpace page. -

suicideblonde
06-20-2008, 07:01 AM
New Rockin' The Colonies date added for July 14th, Tupleo Music Hall, Londonderry, New Hampshire. M & G for the first 5 rows.

Its a VERY intimate venue. Its literally an old colonial house with the walls ripped out. Very much like a house party with the band. Its a BYOB venue with a $3 fee for those who are drinking. I just saw The English Beat there in May. The Beat sells the place out on their own so if you want tix, you need to act fast!

Purchase tickets here....

http://tickets.tupelohall.com/

Noreen
06-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by suicideblonde
New Rockin' The Colonies date added for July 14th, Tupleo Music Hall, Londonderry, New Hampshire. M & G for the first 5 rows.

Its a VERY intimate venue. Its literally an old colonial house with the walls ripped out. Very much like a house party with the band. Its a BYOB venue with a $3 fee for those who are drinking. I just saw The English Beat there in May. The Beat sells the place out on their own so if you want tix, you need to act fast!

Purchase tickets here....

http://tickets.tupelohall.com/

Not many seats left for this show and the Saratoga, CA show.

Xaqtly
06-25-2008, 04:46 PM
I'll be at Sunset Station in Vegas. Their site (and thefixx.com) say it's on July 25th, has it been moved to the 26th? I'll be there either way, just wondering.

Noreen
06-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Tupelo show is sold out.

Noreen
07-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I think now the Reno (Sparks) show is sold out.

Diamond05
07-18-2008, 06:38 PM
hasnt been confirmed here at fixx central, but they go ahead and spout em up anyway:

Fri 11/07/08 Henderson, NV Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa
Sat 11/08/08 Henderson, NV Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa

stay tuned for the real confirmation...

Noreen
07-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Noreen
I think now the Reno (Sparks) show is sold out.

Nope, I was wrong. It's not sold out. The hotel website just didn't have links to buy tickets but Tickets.Com did.

Duh. :P

Off to the show shortly. :goodie: