PDA

View Full Version : Fan Help Wanted for This Tour

Doctor Roger
06-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi Fixxtures Far and Wide,

This is Dr. Roger, and I'll be the assistant to the tour manager, Scott Robinson, for most or all of these tour dates.

Scott welcomes fan help and participation, thus he has authorized me to gather a few volunteers in each city to help with things like selling merchandise at our table, assisting with the meet and greet table, possible rides to and from the airport, etc.

I take pleasure in helping when I can, I know lots of you feel the same way. Here's your chance to help Tour Manager Scott and the band.

I already have volunteers for the following stops:

Orlando, St. Petersburg, Hollywood, and Anaheim.
(We may need one more person for these stops)

We need volunteers for:
Newton, Mass., Washington, D.C., Atlantic City, New York City, Both Missouri shows, Reno, Las Vegas, and Saratoga.

If you want to help, please PM me from this site. Include your name and cell phone number. When enough people reply, I'll create the active helper list and give it to Scott in preparation for the first tour stop.

I know I speak for us all when I say that we are all very excited and are more than happy to help out ! See Lots of You Soon !!!

Dr. Roger

msmith1
06-02-2008, 02:56 PM
You know I'd always help out, whenever possible.
I'm a proven serious salesperson for the band.
Please keep me in mind. I am very good at it.
And, I'd always rather work than just spectate.
And congrats on your position, smooth sailing! :>)
You know where to find me. It's all cool.

Thanks, Roger.

Kim

ps- you might check out this event as a possibility, maybe for future, if not this go around--it'd put them in front of ALOT of people--the event draws at least 26,000 folks (last year's attendance). And it's a really fun event to attend--cutting edge computer gaming, anime, sci-fi, fantasy, etc. A "grown-ups summer costume Halloween", you have to see it to believe it. LOL!

http://www.gencon.com/2008/indy/

magical
06-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I can help out as much as I can. Just let me know! And cograts! I am so HAPPY to see Scott back!!! :p

Doctor Roger
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
WOW ! What a response !!

First of all, thanks to you Kim for your offer to help. Logistically, should dates be added in your area, you'll be the first one I call. As this forum keeps going down and coming back up, I'm getting many sporadic PM's with offers. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH !!

Please keep them coming, IF you are sure you are going to the show in your area. I've had some individuals offer for multi-city help. Now THAT'S a hard core fan like me.

A few more cities, and I'll be able to present the list to Scott. I still need replies for a few more cities.

Please PM me with your contact info when you are sure you are going and are willing to help. The band and Scott will be impressed by this heartwarming outpouring of support.

Now, SHERRY (Rockerchic), I'm waiting for your PM for the east coast ! hehe

Love To All,

Dr. Roger

Carrie
06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Message sent! I hope I'm not too late...I have to work at the most inopportune time!!!

JEANNIE29
06-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Both George and I will be at the STL (Harrah's) and the KC,MO shows if you need anything. Just give us a yell.

Jeannie

Doctor Roger
06-04-2008, 07:52 PM
A Big THANK YOU to everyone who signed up to be a helper and to those who have offered to be "in reserve".

We'll need to play it by ear, depending on what Tour Manager Scott needs in each city. I told him we will be ready to help in whatever way he needs.

The call list is now complete with volunteers and alternates in place. I've given Scott the contact list for his use as needed. I'll also have a copy for the shows I'll be at. Feel free to come see me at the show if you didn't yet volunteer and offer your help, or just say hello and introduce yourself!

At this point, I join you all in the countdown to showtime, until then, thanks for all the rapid help and offers.

Sincerely,

Dr. Roger

Mike Dillard
06-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm ready to help if a Northwest date comes to fruition. Count me in!

thebunbun
06-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't know if I can volunteer this time but the next tour is probably better for me, I will have vacation time accrued and won't be on such a tight schedule.

bradluke0
06-08-2008, 01:18 PM
hi all !! you know I will help any way I can.......see ya's at the show !! brad

fixxed
06-09-2008, 09:18 AM
I tried to post last week but it kept timing out on me, so -- third time's the charm...?!

I'll be first in line to volunteer my services if the guys come up to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada!!! {insert not-so-subtle suggestion here}

C'mon, Cy, you promised! (I saved the email... :p )

dejapete
06-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Don't forget. Those egg shakers don't sell themselves!

Just kidding. Have a great time you all...

Doctor Roger
06-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Dear Fellow Fixxtures,

Like they say in Boston, we are "All Set" with helpers for each city that's been posted. And, if and when more dates are added, we already have helpers for pretty much any city that can be added! This outpouring of love and support is greatly appreciated and I'll be sure that Tour Manager Scott, Webmaster Ed, and the band knows that they have your complete support.

Special thanks to all those who PM'd me with offers to help, especially:

Kim (msmith)
Karol (KarolwithaK)
Brad (Bradluke)
Nicole (ndevona)
Carrie and Dan
Sherri (rockerchic)
Tracy (for Missouri)
Jeannie 29
Jeanne Thelen
Pippi (hellahotgramma)
Steve and Deb Pariseau ( get a room, will ya?)
Cygnet (Rhonda)
Elaine and Meg
Mitchell (for Orlando)
Many More

I know I missed more names, please forgive me as I have so many PM's yet to go through. As the tour dates unfold, I'll be back in touch with the other pending volunteers. I also have about 9 more offers for cities not yet added. I have an opening for one more person in Reno, Vegas, Hollywood, and Anaheim. If not, I can staff it on site the day of show. No biggie.

So, let me close by saying that Fixxtures are the best fans in the world, and I look forward to seeing everyone at these shows. Please come say hello and lets put faces to the names!

Much Love and Thanks,

Dr. Roger

:D