PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Date

Lori
06-19-2008, 11:24 AM
I noticed a few people hoping for a Chicago date on another thread, didn't see this info posted anywhere...

Pollstar shows Friday, July 18th - Rockin' the Colonies - Cubby Bear in Wrigleyville. Luckily there is not a Cubs game that day.

The show is also listed on Cubby Bear's site: Cubbybear.com/wrigleyville/live_ent.shtml

Cubby Bear is a few blocks from my Chicago apt, so feel free to post any questions.

DanBoutin
06-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the update Lori :)

Jeanne Thelen
06-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Way Freaking COOL... I will be in Chicago For business that day!!!! Think I will be staying longer!! :) :)

hazelnut
06-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh yay! Thanks for the update! One of my favorite shows was at the cubby bear about five years ago. Such a fun, intimate little place. I can't wait. :cheers:

dejapete
06-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by hazelnut
Such a fun, intimate little place. :cheers:

Cool. I hope it's as good as the Fine Line Music Cafe in Minneapolis. Got my ticket already. So I'm going to Chicago...

edited for embarrassing spelling

dejapete
07-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Please pardon the bump.

Hoping people will keep this thread alive. Who's coming? What are your plans and expectations? And of course, let us know how you liked the show.

TatGirl
07-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Can't wait to see what Fate has in store...

...I just happened to have already planned a trip to Chicago that weekend for a bridal show with my daughter....and since my job's peak season is summertime and none of the first dates announced were close enough to home, I did not expect to make the tour this summer ...until I saw with disbelief "Chicago" listed on the tour page when I checked it. "No WAY!!" was my first thought, once my brain could swallow the words before my eyes....

....so the hotel is booked, the tix are in hand, and with my best friend riding navigator, I'll be on the road to the Cubby on the 18th!!! :goodie:

:cheers:
Ta!
Robin
:wave:

hazelnut
07-12-2008, 07:19 PM
I plan to be there! I'll probably be alone as the spouse plans to see John Hiatt that night. :rolleyes: We each see about oh, one band play a year, so it figures that our favorites are on the same night. Hope to meet some of you, or meet you again. :wave:

enob
07-17-2008, 11:10 PM
I will be there also
See you there..

Jetrell69
07-18-2008, 07:05 AM
Figures.....I'm rather under the weather and won't be able to be in attendance.

I also had a brush with fate as here in Milwaukee, Motley Crue is bringing their Crue-Fest through the Summerfest grounds. While in the hospital a nurse had spoke about free tickets she got from Bell Ambulance. I looked at the seating chart for the Amphitheater and the seats are in quite a decent spot....$90 tickets to boot.

Since I knew my friends Jim & Becky are renewing their wedding vows next week I gave them the free pair of tickets as a wedding gift from me. I know money is tight all over and they didn't have tickets to go but NOW they can.

They are very excited. I am very excited that others are getting to go to Chi-town to see the boys. Have fun and let us know how it goes.....maybe Milwaukee will make it to the tour list so that some of us sick Fixxtures didn't have to go far to attend.

:) :)

Shawn

rockerchic
07-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Jetrell69 - Oh my gosh hope you are feeling better!
That is an awesome gift to give. Lucky them to have a nice friend like you! I love this place cause' people here really are compassionate and go the extra mile for those they care about!:cheers: Hope they bring you home a tour book and/or shirt!

Jetrell69
07-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by rockerchic
Jetrell69 - Oh my gosh hope you are feeling better!
That is an awesome gift to give. Lucky them to have a nice friend like you! I love this place cause' people here really are compassionate and go the extra mile for those they care about!:cheers: Hope they bring you home a tour book and/or shirt!

So very kind of you to say.....your sentiments are most appreciated. Your response proves your theory about the folks here as well....and it is something I am honoured to be a part of.

:)

Shawn

Jetrell69
07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Any chance the band would allow a DSBD patch for a fan recording.....it would be a lovely treat for ALL of us Fixxtures here to have...maybe as a forum member "BONUS"?

Just a thought anyways.....guys, rock Chi-Town to the ground....AND have fun doing it.

Wish I could be there to meet you all.

:)

As a side request for the show, as a rather sick Fixxture I'd like to request the song "Lonely As A Lighthouse" in honour of ALL the forum members for being the kind, honest souls they are.

Thanks if anyone can help get that filled...... :)

marathon
07-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi, Lori,

Where do you recommend parking near the Cubby Bear?

Jeff

DanBoutin
07-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by marathon
Hi, Lori,

Where do you recommend parking near the Cubby Bear?

Jeff

I would like to know that as well...at least the Cubs aren't playing tonight...that would make it very tough for parking.

I know you could take the Red Line up from Union Station if you're coming from downtown. It has a stop just a block or two east of Wrigley Field.

marathon
07-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Dan's point is definitely true. If I were in Chicago, I wouldn't drive, nor would I recommend it. The Red Line stop is right at Wrigley Field. I'm pretty sure you can see the Cubby Bear from the stop.

Lori
07-18-2008, 04:02 PM
If at all possible, I would take the red line and get off at Addison.

Street parking around there is mostly permit. Of course, you can park in a lot, provided you are willing to pay. I'm not sure how much, but I would guess $10 - $20.

Have fun everyone. Looking forward to it.

www.roquemoreband.com

marathon
07-19-2008, 02:53 AM
i'm back. i'm exhausted and sore. take me back, and let's do it all over again!

Zakath
07-19-2008, 01:38 PM
The wife and I made it to the Cubby Bear (sojourners in a heathen land since we're White Sox fans). Good set from the Fixx, but as always, I wish it were longer, with some songs that they don't seem to do in concert (things like Lose Face and In Suspense that I love to hear) and 1 I wish I never had to hear again (no offense, but Secret Separation is so a-Fixx it's pathetic). Very suprised they went second (also surprised that the Alarm didn't play Strength or Sold Me Down the River). Beastly hot in the place, with a good 200-350 people there.

Overall, a good show. BTW, taxi drivers suck (almost got clobbered three times trying to get out of the parking lot next to the bar). Never was so happy to make it to Lake Shore to get back to Indiana in my life.

hazelnut
07-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Also thought it was a great show :cheers: , and was pleased that they had such a responsive audience. I hadn't anticipated such a crowd. I thought it was a tad loud but maybe I'm just getting old. ;)

marathon
07-19-2008, 02:18 PM
i need to look around the board to see what etiquette is regarding posting set list info. there's probably a thread for that, i'm assuming, so i won't post spoilers here (unless someone suggests going ahead and doing it).

if a couple of people here would like them, i've got two set lists from last night which I'd be happy to mail out to other Fixxtures. they were on stage at the end of the night. per usual, they're hand-written by Adam.

thefixxdotcom
07-19-2008, 02:36 PM
We like everyone to go to thefixx.com/tours page and contribute their reviews, set lists, and photos. There's no "spoilers" here. It's all about sharing.

HENRY IZZO
07-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Wow! Another fantastic show:cheers:

IMO, Fatal Shore was the best song of the night. The crowd gave off a loudest applause.

Woman on a Train: Just watch and listen to Rupert on the keyboards. Amazing!

They aced All if Fair and added Less Cities to the set list. They opened up with Deeper & Deeper. I think Deeper & Deeper would be better served for the end of the set list.

They had a great crowd between 300-400 people. I'm glad the Fixx management has paired up the Fixx with other bands to draw a bigger crowds. Yes we don't get as many songs as we would like but I would rather have that then seeing them headline on their own and playing for 20 fans.

Merchandise finally:goodie: They had a DVD, Cy Curnin shirt and a tour program. I bought the tour program. It's very good, recommended and approved by the Hankster.

Finally, I'm glad the Fixx are still touring and hope they continue to do so for a long time. It gives us fans a chance to meet and great with each other. It's like a family reunion. I saw my old buddy Dan B with his wife. Also, I met Jeanne Thelen a Fixx legend.:wave:. She was working the merchandise booth. Last time I saw her was in Ohio.

Take care my friends till we meet again.
:cheers:
The Hankster aka Izzo aka Henry

Ps: Positivity from the Hankster? Is that really me or an impersonator?

Jeanne Thelen
07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Also, I met Jeanne Thelen a Fixx legend.:wave:. She was working the merchandise booth. Last time I saw her was in Ohio.

Yeah... But you did not even recognize me, Henry... LOL!!! :);) :)

I am home... Exhausted... partied to long and hard.. will write later... must sleep... as I will be doing merchandise in Minneapolis as well....:)

in short...
GOOD TIMES....:) ;)

dejapete
07-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Great show. But it was so warm in there! And yes, Hazelnut. I thought it was a bit too loud, too.

Good seeing my friend, Jeanne Thelen, again. And it was nice meeting Tatgirl. I got to see those Fixx signature tattoos up close.

Cy was a little under the weather, but sang great, as usual. He announced, "I picked up some bad germs, somewhere...Don't kiss me."

Here's the set list:

Deeper and Deeper
Are We Ourselves?
One Thing Leads To Another
Everyone Believes In Something
Secret Separation
Driven Out
Yesterday, Today
Less Cities, More Moving People
Stand Or Fall
Woman On A Train
Fatal Shore
Red Skies
Saved By Zero

I liked hearing Yesterday, Today live for the first time. It nicely features Dan Brown on the bass. I'm hoping they'll add The Flow to their set list soon. It's another song that features Dan as well.

radiohead8989
07-19-2008, 11:10 PM
My recording of this show is up at Dime (http://www.dimeadozen.org/index.php). My recording of The Alarm is also up there. I didn't stay for The English Beat, so I don't have their set. I also sent in some pictures, so those should show up on the tour page here soon.

biotechguy
07-20-2008, 07:53 AM
I was at the Cubby Bear on Friday night too, Thanks to my friend, Jeanne Thelen..
I have to admit...I was not Fixx fan... I barely even knew who they are, but after listening to Jeanne go on and on about them for the last 2 years, I took her up on her invitation... (and besides she was FINALLY in Chicago ..and I would have never heard the end of it if I hadn't come....LOL!!! )

I was very impressed by the quality of the music and the stage show and I even recognized a song or two...such energy...from all of them... considering it was so hot in there... I am looking forward to hearing more, and learning more about the Fixx... As Jeanne has promised me a Cd ...

Thank you for the intorduction, Jeanne .... and speaking of hot... You were "SMOKING HOT" behind that Merchandise booth....:) ;) Thanks for the full view....;) LOL!!

Jeanne Thelen
07-20-2008, 11:02 AM
[ but after listening to Jeanne go on and on about them for the last 2 years, I took her up on her invitation... (and besides she was FINALLY in Chicago ..and I would have never heard the end of it if I hadn't come....LOL!!! )

Oh Come on.... I wouldn't have mess up the AR that bad!! LOL!!

Thank you for the intorduction, Jeanne ....

You are welcome... Glad you enjoyed the show... always nice to bring another fan on board...:)

and speaking of hot... You were "SMOKING HOT" behind that Merchandise booth....:) ;) Thanks for the full view....;) LOL!! [/B][/QUOTE]

You are referring to the view of the stage... right???? LOL!!! ;)

Jeanne Thelen
07-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Okay... I am awake.... coffee in hand....

Magical night... one of the best sets I have ever seen since 2004....from my view from the Merch table... Sound was Incredible... The band was ON.... still do not understand why they are not headlining... they blew the Alarm and English Beat away... But my opinion might be a bit one sided...LOL!!

Got to meet Danny... He is so Warm, and wonderful and friendly... So nice to see him back on stage...it is like Kismet, having him back with the band........ everything has finally taken the long way home... and it is all perfect again...(don't get me wrong.. I love Gary...but there was something so right about it all... it was like he never left..).... he did some INCREDIBLE bass work.... outstanding....I can't even begin to describe it...

Everyone was in high spirits even after a long drive from St Louis... they were all so much fun...Good to laugh and catch up with them all and the energy was very high.... Cy was his normal funny and charming self.. had an enlightening and healing conversation with him about living in the " NOW"... ( thank you, Cy) ..I plan to take that and your advice very seriously.... :) Adam was incredibly sweet and full of humour...:)

Good choice of songs... Loved the new arrangement of Secret Separation... I didn't even recognize it at first and thought it was something new from the long awaited new Cd..:)....Loved hearing Yesterday, Today... though it was a bit emotional for me for reason I don't even want to talk about.....:(.... was always one of my favorites though....... Rupert's key work was brilliant on that song... so flowing and lovely... beautiful....magical....

I agree ... Fatal Shore was the best song of the night...got the crowd going and what can I say about Jamie's solo that has not been said before....:)

Made my normal " wish you were here" with me phone call during "ONE THING" to Pippi..... Hope you got my message...:)

Had a blast working the Merch table..... got to meet several new fans and some of us older ones...Loved Candy, who was working the English Beats merch table....We had a blast just laughing and talking ...:) ..... Glad to finally meet Tatgirl and her friend... and to see Henry again... Will get those pictures in the mail from Ohio... Finally... I have to find them first as I am in the middle of moving... and I am sure they are packed with some things that have been buried in a box for the last 4 months...

Wish I would have seen Dan B again... have not seen him since Schamburg 2005.....and a few other Fixxtures that were floating around .... :) next time....

Well... better run... I have to get ready for the Minneapolis show.... :)

much love and peace to you all....

:) :love:

marathon
07-20-2008, 12:45 PM
I've been trying to get a Dime account for about half a year. Either my timing is just really unlucky, or no accounts have become available during that period. Hope I can get one soon, while somebody is still seeding the show. If I can get onto Dime, I'll keep the show seeded for a while myself. Thanks for sharing; hope I get to check it out. - Jeff

- - -
update
- - -

Guess what? I just tried again (today's second attempt), and got an account. Glory be!! Looks like only one seeder, but I'm starting the download now. If the seed stays open, I'll have the file in a couple of days, and i'll keep seeding afterward.

Jeff

TatGirl
07-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Awesome show as usual.....

....but OMG did I NOT have fun in traffic!!

marathon
07-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by TatGirl
... but OMG did I NOT have fun in traffic!!

Yoooooou said it.

I was really looking forward to being there for the show, but by the time I made it, I was giving thanks for having made it alive, and in time! That was horrendous. And to think, that would have been ten times worse on a game day ... ouch.

pippi617
07-21-2008, 11:20 AM
aargh!!! you called me?! left me a message?? i did not see your call!!!!

aargh!!

running off to check my messages . . . . . . . . . .:cheers:

brb

marathon
07-21-2008, 11:36 PM
This is just a note to say thanks to Radiohead8989 for sharing the recording. I've got it, and am currently seeding it - but no one's pulling it. So, if you're interested, now's a good time to try and get a quicker download speed.

Originally posted by radiohead8989
My recording of this show is up at Dime (http://www.dimeadozen.org/index.php).

biotechguy
07-22-2008, 07:19 AM
You are referring to the view of the stage... right???? LOL!!! ;)

You KNOW what I am talking about!!! ;)

Girl, You were riding the HOT TAMALE TRAIN that night....sizzle....LOL!!!

Still waiting for the CD...

Dannyboy
07-22-2008, 08:41 AM
The Fixx put on a great show!! After reading some of the posts I have to question if we were looking at the same chick behind the Fixx Table. :confused: I thought she was at the most so-so, but that could have been because I found her to be a snob. I do see that Biotechguy is friends with her.......;)
I look forward to another show!!! :D

dejapete
07-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Dannyboy
The Fixx put on a great show!! After reading some of the posts I have to question if we were looking at the same chick behind the Fixx Table. :confused: I thought she was at the most so-so, but that could have been because I found her to be a snob. I do see that Biotechguy is friends with her.......;)

I wish people would not use forums for personal bashing.

That person is a fairly longtime friend of mine and one of the nicest people I know.

marathon
07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Must add my two cents - I met Jeanne for the first time on Friday, and only briefly. She was meeting band folks upstairs before the set, before serving the band by setting up and helming her merch station.

Jeanne was sitting with Pete (please, lousy memory, don't let me have gotten Pete's name wrong ...) who took photos during the set (hope we get to see them). I also enjoyed meeting Pete, who seems like somebody with lots of stories to tell.

Anyhow, I was getting together with Jamie, and sorting out some guitar set-up details. So, I was distracted and didn't get to talk with Jeanne much or mingle with her and Pete (road manager Scott eventually shepherded everyone out of the room so Adam and Cy could catch a nap). But Jeanne went out of her way to smile and say hello and shake my hand, and make me feel like part of the gang.

I appreciated that very much!! That's the kind of warmth and welcoming spirit that makes someone beautiful.

dejapete
07-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Jeanne was sitting with Pete (please, lousy memory, don't let me have gotten Pete's name wrong ...) who took photos during the set (hope we get to see them). I also enjoyed meeting Pete, who seems like somebody with lots of stories to tell.

Thanks for the kind words, Marathon.

Just to set people straight. The Pete with Jeanne was a different Pete. I was in the crowd. I caught up with them after the show. (They were my ride).

dejapete
07-22-2008, 06:43 PM
By the way...Who is the friendly guy who told me he saw The Fixx at Comiskey Park in 2003 with The Police and Flock of Seagulls? Are you on the message board?

Jeanne Thelen
07-22-2008, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by biotechguy
[B]You are referring to the view of the stage... right???? LOL!!! ;)

You KNOW what I am talking about!!! ;)

Girl, You were riding the HOT TAMALE TRAIN that night....sizzle....LOL!!!

LOL!! I am not sure that I am embarrassed that you said that...or you just gave away your Tuesday night television option....LOL!!! I am going to tell your girlfriend on you...LOL!! Joking... Thanks for the compliments... but they are not as deserved as you make them out to be.. but I appriciate the jester since you are well aware of my personal situation...

Still waiting for the CD...
Good night Boy... give me a chance .. I have only been home for 2 days...

Jeanne Thelen
07-22-2008, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dannyboy
[B]The Fixx put on a great show!! After reading some of the posts I have to question if we were looking at the same chick behind the Fixx Table. :confused: I thought she was at the most so-so, but that could have been because I found her to be a snob. I do see that Biotechguy is friends with her.......;)

WOW...
Okay .. first I want to say if I offended you in anyway... I apologize...If I was rude in anyway...or if you perceived it in that manner... it was more than likely I was just distracted or busy helping someone... I certainly did not mean to come across that way... and as my friends on the board just came to my defense...it is not in my nature to be so... Considering you do not know me personally... your stinging personal comments were a bit harsh for your first post here...we normally do not use the forum for personal attacks on members...

Thank you Deja and Marathon for defending my honor.... and my integrity... You are my knights in shinning armor....

biotechguy
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dannyboy

First of all....Yes, I am a friend of Jeanne Thelen. I have known her for over two years and Jeanne is one of the most kind, warm, caring, funny and friendly people I have had the pleasure to met and work with.

There is not a distance she would not travel to be there for someone she cares about and she would never intentionally hurt anyone. A snob would be the last word I would use to discribe her.

Jeanne radiates beauty from the inside out and it is not just because I am her "friend" that I find her beautiful and attractive.It is her qualities as a good person that make her beyond beautiful, not only in my book but in many others as well. And by the way,have you had your eyes examined lately????? She is more than "so-so"... She is gorgeous..and radiant...perhaps you were a bit intimidated by this and that is the excuse for your poor judgment. The fact that your referred to her as a "chick" also leads us to your maturity level.

I am a brand new member on this board as well,and the last thing I would ever do is personally attack a well established member..... a " Fixx Legend", who I understand, has done numerous things and made many efforts to help see this band succeed and someone who has been a true friend to many on this board. You have no idea what her life is like or what she has been through. You have a lot of nerve to post something so degrading to someones personal character!

I am going to say one thing else... (and this is a favorite of Jeanne's) "Be kinder than necessary because everyone is fighting their own battle...."

Perhaps you should heed that advice....

Jeanne Thelen
07-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks biotechguy....Just got off the phone with you... Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.....here and on the phone.

XXX OOO To you

:love:
Jeanne :)

pippi617
07-22-2008, 11:38 PM
did someone just call Jeanne a SNOB?!?!??!!??!!? (and SO-SO!!!!!) That's some funny ****! Now ME - I could understand it if someone called me one - 1002 did - but Jeanne!!! hahahahahaha

that's some funny **** - he's smoking better **** than me . . . . .

come on DannyBOY - post your picture so we can see how much better you are . . .

TatGirl
07-23-2008, 06:32 AM
Wow -- harsh...
...and so NOT good karma!!

I had the opportunity to finally meet Jeanne and I can't believe those comments were meant for her. Some remarks just aren't meant for this forum.

If we all put it out there together, we can change the polarity on the negativity...eh???? :love:

Ta!!
Robin

Jeanne Thelen
07-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks Tatgirl(enjoyed meeting you too) ... And Pippi... I have to admit his stinging comments sent me reeling... (as if I have not had enough this year...Geez!! )

And As far as turning all the negativity around... all you love and support for me over this has enough energy to light an entire large city.... Thank you so much everyone....That is a whole lot of good karma....:)

Thank you all for your love, friendship on the board, and personal PM's as well

Love, Love , Love you guys :love: :love:
XXXX OOOOO

PS... Pippi... You are anything but a snob as well... :) You are a delight and a good friend... always have been ...and always will be and I Love you lots, girl!!!

Steve Pariseau
07-23-2008, 06:26 PM
I think it is great, Biotech, that you have so many nice things to say about Jeanne. Your words, and the flow of encouraging support from other Fixx fans here, should more than make up for something a new user may have said for whatever reason. However, you stoop to his level with your remark about his maturity level. Shame on you.

Agreed, Jeanne is far from a “snob” as anyone who has spent some time with her knows. Dannyboy will probably never come back as it seems he popped in to read reviews of the show and then left just as quick as he came in. Give they guy a break, he had to drive from Iowa City so may not have been in the best of moods. Granted, this is not the appropriate outlet for negativity, however, it is done.

Through kind words from the lot of us about Jeanne, her spirits have hopefully been raised back up.

Yes?

Jeanne Thelen
07-24-2008, 07:10 AM
I am feeling the love.... :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you to all who came to my defense regarding this matter... :)

Love to all...:love: :love: :love:
xxxxx oooooo

hazelnut
07-24-2008, 10:48 AM
I was wondering if the person behind the merch table was on here. I should have said Hi. :wave: And thanks for being nice when I leafed through the program without buying it. :o

These shows always leave me wishing that they'd come by again in a couple of months. I was so worth the traffic and heat! Someone mentioned All if Fair, which I was really looking forward to hearing, but don't remember it at all (unless I just had too much beer). I noticed it wasn't in your set list Pete- so maybe I'm remembering correctly?

dejapete
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I was wondering if the person behind the merch table was on here. I should have said Hi. :wave: And thanks for being nice when I leafed through the program without buying it. :o

These shows always leave me wishing that they'd come by again in a couple of months. I was so worth the traffic and heat! Someone mentioned All if Fair, which I was really looking forward to hearing, but don't remember it at all (unless I just had too much beer). I noticed it wasn't in your set list Pete- so maybe I'm remembering correctly?

The person at the merch table was Jeanne Thelen. Next time, say hi. She doesn't bite. Anyway, I think you can look at the merch to your heart's content. They are there for display.

The Fixx did not play "All Is Fair" in Chicago. They played "Less Cities, More Moving People" instead.

hazelnut
07-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Well I know that now :p and now that I realize that I wish I did, because I've seen her post here so much. I'm just not good at introducing myself to people I don't know. I thought it was there to raise some money to some extent?

Jeanne Thelen
07-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Well I know that now :p and now that I realize that I wish I did, because I've seen her post here so much. I'm just not good at introducing myself to people I don't know. I thought it was there to raise some money to some extent?

We can do it right now!!!

Hi Hazelnut!!!

:) :)

hazelnut
07-24-2008, 06:48 PM
:laugh: Hi! :wave:

I haven't met the band members either, despite seeing a zillion shows. I think I'm almost convinced that they don't bite. :o

TatGirl
07-25-2008, 07:55 AM
:help:

Didn't know where else to ask this, and since there now has been mention of merch here -- I don't see the tour book on thefixx.com. And I didn't take time to even look at what was available at the cubby :tdown: (booooo -- shame on me!! :D )

Other than at another show -- which I don't know when the next one will be that I will make (yeah, i know -- omg that's horrible grammar -- now ask if i care at this particular moment in time :laugh: ) does anyone have any idea :idea: how to get one??? I'm dying to get a peek at it -- and since hubby didn't get to see them this time round, I know he'll love to have one as well.

I appreciate any info!!

biotechguy
07-25-2008, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
[B]I think it is great, Biotech, that you have so many nice things to say about Jeanne. Your words, and the flow of encouraging support from other Fixx fans here, should more than make up for something a new user may have said for whatever reason. However, you stoop to his level with your remark about his maturity level. Shame on you.

Yeah, Man.... You are right!!

I was just so ticked off because I know what she has been through this year and Jeanne is such a kind,beautiful and loving person. It was like he purposely got on just to slam her with an insult and it was not deserved. But I should have held my temper.

shora65
07-26-2008, 07:19 AM
What a fabulous show! It was well worth braving the traffic... but then again, I made Zakath drive, so I had nothing to complain about.

The heat was stifling, and I had a tough time with it. At one point, my blood sugar plummeted (round about Woman on a Train) and as soon the set was over I headed for a place to sit down while the hubby retrieved some sugared soda.
I'd like to stick my tongue out at the woman who refused to allow me to sit in the empty stool (probably thought I was soused, but I hadn't had a drop) and give my prayers and undying thanks to the lovely blonde who saw I was struggling and offered me water and assistance while Zakath was on his mission of mercy. If you're out there, your random act of kindness really touched me. Thanks...

Just goes to show that most of us Fixx fans are wonderful people.:)

Carrie
07-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey shora, if fate ever brings both of us to a show together, rest assured we diabetic/hypoglycemic Fixxtures will have each other's back! [There's at least one other diabetic Fixxture on here regularly, but I'll let her out herself if she wishes].

Gotta admit, I'm wishing for more low spells right now...last test results were HORRIBLY high and I gotta shape up or get reeeeeeal sick!

Too sweet for our own good, Carrie

shora65
07-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey, thanks!

My sugars have been so incredibly all over the place that I can't keep things straight. I'm just about to change jobs and will be less stressed and have more time to actually take care of me, so here's to hoping I'll get that under control. I want a zillion more years with my hubby...

dejapete
08-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Jeanne asked me to put up these photos from the Chicago show. They were taken backstage while the band was relaxing after their set.

http://a146.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/37/m_0fe4595506ea0f5e92740a2ba2e0c1f1.jpg

http://a925.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/72/m_8734886c41e0ae5b17fbe01819b361cc.jpg

http://a6.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/m_f6abe571c257ea3450d0e9ade381df7d.jpg

http://a33.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/10/m_39759caf7e2b15176e525d4d22c45428.jpg

Jeanne Thelen
08-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Thanks again, Deja....:)

It was so hot at the show.... My hair in that picture looks like I have a blond raccoon sitting on my head...LOL!! Maybe I should go for Cy's haircut...LOL!! :) :)

rockerchic
08-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks Jeanne for sharing those photos! You look beautiful!

TatGirl
08-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Hmmm...I didn't notice any raccoons, blond or otherwise ;)

Thanks for sharing!! :love:

Ta!
Robin

dejapete
08-05-2008, 10:04 AM
My hair in that picture looks like I have a blond raccoon sitting on my head

I'd say the hair held up pretty well, considering how hot it was in there.

Raccoon!!?? Are my keys in there?? One of those critters stole my keys last camping trip.