PDA

View Full Version : uh oh, he really did it!

Diamond05
06-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Here, come up with an entertaining caption for this picture:

#1: think of all the money he can save on shampoo... (they'll need it for gas anyway!)

#2 At least there's STILL gonna be a bald guy on stage at a FIXX concert!

little-bird
06-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Is that possible that Cy lets his hair grows someday?

I like to see Cy with his blond hair. He looked handsome with blond hair, but... HE CHANGED HIS LOOK!!! Holy cow! I don't know what to say about Cy's shaved head... uh... poor of him... (sorry)

I can say he looks different.

In my opinion, Cy shouldn't shave his head. He looks better with hair (especially blond) so... I don't care about it now. I really care about The Fixx music.

Well, it's Cy's idea...

scottinseattle
06-21-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure which Cy I like better: this one or the one with the power mullet in the liner notes for "Calm Animals?"

Carrie
06-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Well, that's the nice thing about hair, it grows back!

:p Hehe, I too wish I hadn't missed the Goldilocks days in person, but I did like his short hair last year. Anyway, if it makes him happy, I'm pleased for him, and I distincly remember him saying "I don't care!" when anyone made any kind of remark about his hair after the Buffalo show last year. I have a feeling if he thinks people are shocked, he'll keep doing it all the more :p

I actually would love to cut my hair (almost) all off once in my life, but have only been brave enough to cut it an inch and a half at the longest twice in 35 years. I cried the first time, and loved it the second, but it just takes so long to grow out. I wish I had Cy's determination right now...I can't decide whether I should trim mine an inch or keep growing it for awhile...!!!

Anyway, lucky, lucky, you, Dave, to have been sent a picture of the deed!

Steve Pariseau
06-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Wow! How long was I passed out?

pippi617
06-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
Wow! How long was I passed out?

ROFL!!!!!!!!

perfect!!:cheers:

rockerchic
06-22-2008, 12:40 PM
I had a Fixx, more like Cy Curnin dream last night. I was to be like a personal assistant and we were at a place that was like an Inn, with a main lodging house and small tea houses surrounding it. I was looking for the band to see how I can help and along walks Cy with a stack of papers. I say" Hello Cy I am supposed to be your assistant, how can I help you? " He said, "well I just was conjuring up some more material that I need to try out. The show is about to start in 2 hours and I have to figure out what to do about my hair." I said "leave that up to me and you go back to doing your magic with your lyrics. " He walks across to the tea house and I can see him seated in the window. I go through a hallway where it is busy with people surrounding someone that had a severe foot injury. I pause to see if I can help but then remember I had the task of attending to the band and getting Cy some hair. I go to a storage area and find a wig that resembled his longer hair. I run back to the tea house and Cy was walking out very pleased with his new material and then I say try this on. He had his sunglasses and the wig was a little crooked but he is off in a hurry so I am trying to keep up with him while trying to straighten it. I knock the sunglasses crooked and started to chuckle at the comedy of it all. He said well it is show time! I turn around and run to get in to the venue. All the way wondering if he was happy with the wig I had found. It seemed much thicker than his own hair. I wondered if it would stay secured while he was performing. I was more worried about if I did enough to help and not really enjoying the show. Then I say to myself well hey I did my best given the time restraints. I never did hear or see the band though in the dream just Cy and his Hairy experience~:eek: :laugh:

P.S. - Cy I do hope you donated to "Locks of Love" a cancer charity that people donate their hair. :angel:

little-bird
06-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Now I know why Cy shaved his hair... for helping children with cancer and hair loss. Good for him...

rockerchic
06-22-2008, 05:23 PM
I did not say he did donate to that charity. I said he should have! Not sure where he put that beautiful hair?

musegirl
06-22-2008, 06:30 PM
I looked this up. In order to donate hair for charity, it needs to be at least 10 inches long and gathered in a ponytail. Not possible to do, even if he was so inclined.

When I saw him early last month, his hair was already rather short. He keeps it that way most of the time these days. I think it's less bother for working chores on the farm and he'd rather be practical about it.

Liked your captions Diamond. My first thought was....

The space for rent.

Geez, if he became the first lead singer to rent his forehead space for marketing, corporate tour sponsorship might actually be possible. Hey Cy!!! (<grin> just kidding)

msmith1
06-22-2008, 08:19 PM
LOL...now for the caption:

"BECKWITH!!!"

Kim
;) (come on, Peter..that HAD to make you smile)

frequency5
06-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Diamond05

#1: think of all the money he can save on shampoo... (they'll need it for gas anyway!)

Cy is the F-ing man.

buffalo-girl
06-23-2008, 06:20 AM
wow now that's a different look for cy!! i too loved him with blonde hair but it's all good anyways at least he will be nice and cool on stage now lol!! i got my haircut last week and it is probably about a inch or two longer as i have very fine hair and keep it short and spikey lol dee:wave:

pippi617
06-23-2008, 11:47 AM
perhaps it happened whilst sleep walking . . . . . . . . . i hear that can be quite dangerous.

;)

Carrie
06-23-2008, 11:50 AM
My niece donated her hair to Locks of Love, and nearly lost patience growing it out, but stuck with it. I remember thinking that her hair still looked long even after she cut it! I wish I could do it...I often grow my hair long, but like Dee's hair, mine is so thin it wouldn't be good for wigs.

On the subject of farming-friendly hair, Dan told me that when he and his cousins would do farm work as kids, long and/or high-maintenance hair was certainly out of the question, but very very short hair was also discouraged due to the risk of sun over-exposure. Cy's probably safe having a covered tractor, but if he's doing a lot of fieldwork by hand, I hope he's designed himself an appropriate CyWear hat! You know me, I can't help but be concerned for him :p

I also can't help but think that he associates his fashion-conscious hair and dressy clothes of the past with a life and associated people he wouldn't mind leaving behind. It's too bad, because he did look soooo good like that. In any case, I wouldn't have had the patience to color my hair for 25 years, as often as it must have had to have been done to look as natural as his did. I often look at people with unnaturally blonde hair and think, "Thank God Cy Curnin never looked like that"!

Diamond05
06-23-2008, 04:55 PM
from carrie:

"Anyway, lucky, lucky, you, Dave, to have been sent a picture of the deed!"

No Ma'am, i just cut and pasted it from the other site to here...

Sometimes people don't always check both, but this was too good to not post....

just a low key fan- spreading the word....

:)

Carrie
06-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I tend to forget to check the News section...don't know why, I keep up with everything else! :D Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Put my own hair up today with a Cy Curnin-orange hair clip I found at the bottom of a pile of hair stuff yesterday :p

Crucified
06-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Not a very flattering picture of Cy. He just aged 20 years.

Michael Sadler from Saga did the same thing....aged him also. Cy now looks like Michael Sadler.

CY GROW BACK THE HAIR!

wingo395
06-24-2008, 05:51 PM
3. Where'd I put my orange CyWear hat to keep my thoughts warm?

4. "On a new season of 'Prison Break' on FOX.."

TatGirl
06-30-2008, 11:21 AM
...but don't forget the message he has so mesmerizingly 'tattooed' across his forehead.

Carrie
06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Finally thought of a few good quotes...

"Well, at least I don't SING like Britney Spears"!!!

"The sheep decided it was time for payback".

Just giving you a hard time Cy :p Talk about payback - I've got it coming...hehehe...

The Queen
07-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Carrie
Finally thought of a few good quotes...

"Well, at least I don't SING like Britney Spears"!!!

"The sheep decided it was time for payback".

Just giving you a hard time Cy :p Talk about payback - I've got it coming...hehehe...

Britney? omg! he looks a bit Romper Stomper to me, but then again, maybe he' auditioning for the role of Philip from "Pillars of the Earth"? Been reading the book all summer, and I think they need to start filming it now, haven't a clue if they are or not....Cy, you could have yet another calling.

preciousstone75
07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, it's low maintenance, and he can grow it back. Just ask Geoff Tate who did the same thing in '94. It's just hair and it's his. Glad he made a statement w/it. If we weren't so hung up on hair we'd be able to be ourselves. Cancer patients and those who suffer from alopecia go through hell about it, so thanks to those who donate to Locks of Love and all. You are appreciated.

possible caption for the famous forehead: Can you see me now? Good!:p

Diamond05
07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
alright.... WHO hid the toilet paper ?

pipsqueak
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
If I posted a pic of me now that would just all seem tooooo weird..
we look like twins !
Maybe I should drop by Frank -n- Rabecca's so they can have ah good laugh !

They are the folks that brought the snakes & spiders on the tour Bus..
they're SOooOOooo C00L!http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee245/pipsqueakspics/pipsqueak-1.jpg

little-bird
07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
I only cut my hair... to change my look.:) :wave:

pipsqueak
07-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I L0VE the breeze
what I miss is.. my Hair...?
or possibly the lack their of.

I know I don't,
this is like the Eighth time for me & I'm luv'n every minute of it!

Jetrell69
07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Diamond05

My mum said it was the "in" look...the kids at school didn't know what I was talking about while they were using my fore-head as a chalk board.

;)

hazelnut
07-04-2008, 06:57 AM
I love it pipsqueak. I wish I had the nerve to do it, but I'm not sure how great it would look on me.

I'm thinking Cy's little haircut might look very cool in person, when he's not making a funny face and writing on his forehead. ;)

pipsqueak
07-04-2008, 02:51 PM
O-hee~hah`HaWoo

I'll be the class clown..
if that still means stay'n after tah clean the Board -n- Erasers...

I just wannah put a Charlie Brown Squiggle on his noodle !

Tee-Hee
:rolleyes:

How could he not look Dashing in any case. http://www.thefixx.net/images/icons/icon13.gif:cool:http://www.thefixx.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

Good Grief
on the path !
:cheers: