PDA

View Full Version : Falling In Love resurrected...in Chicago?

tatawayowayo
06-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Just an interesting note, the new, yet old, Chicago album Stone Of Sisyphus (originally recorded in 1993 but not released by the record company) has finally been released with one particularily interesting track. The Show Must Go On appears to be a rewrite of Falling In Love from the Ink album. Of course, this song written by Bill Champlin of the band Chicago has been one of the very few whipping boys of The Fixx's brillant career.
I, for one, actually like Falling In Love. Despite the "unFixx" like nature of the song and reek of corporate involvement in the making of the Ink album (which still managed to be a great record), i think The Fixx did this song justice. Cy's fantastic vocal gives the song the life it might not have had if recorded by another act. I'm sure, if asked, the band would quickly disown the song as if it were the devil's offspring. In some ways i don't blame them, but only because it just doesn't really fit. However, as a stand alone track, it's a fine piece of pop.
So, I thought i'd pass this along for those of you interested in hearing an alternate version of the song.

go as you may...and leave as you will!

Carrie
06-22-2008, 08:53 PM
I like the song too (it's very personally fitting for me) and I'm not ashamed to admit it :p I may have to check out this album...a reworked Fixx song, one of my father's favorite bands (lots of memories of listening to Chicago tapes in the car), and bearing the title, if nothing else, of a very emotional and great Queen song...sounds like a good sign!