PDA

View Full Version : Rockin' the Colonies

HENRY IZZO
06-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Alarm, EB and the Fixx

What's the line-up order?

in other words who plays 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

The Hankster

musegirl
06-23-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't believe that th order can be determined at this time. Once the tour starts, a pattern may emerge, but last year The Fixx and The Alarm swapped 1st and 2nd a number of times and the Psych Furs usually closed. This year will be different, I would imagine.

The Flow
06-23-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm hoping it goes this way:

1. The Alarm - Loud and energetic to get the crowd going

2. English Beat - Keep the groove going

3. The Fixx - Bring down the house!

Fingers crossed. :cheers:

HENRY IZZO
06-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Maybe I just answered my question. According to ticket bast@rd:

English Beat : the Fixx : the Alarm
Cubby Bear, Chicago, IL
Fri, Jul 18, 2008 08:00 PM

The Hankster

TatGirl
07-01-2008, 10:34 AM
I had the same question, but I suspect that the ticket stub isn't necessarily the authority. I HOPE it goes more like that, than having the Fixx first, but we'll see, eh?

BTW, I'll be at the Cubby Bear! :goodie:

See you there!! :cheers:

:wave:

dejapete
07-03-2008, 04:11 PM
The Fixx doesn't like to go on last. In case the crowd gets smaller as the night wears on. But I'm wondering if that's more their feeling for outdoor concerts.

TatGirl
07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Good point, although I personally can't imagine the crowd thinning out before the Fixx comes on!! I suppose it depends who they come to see. When we saw the Colonies tour at the Ribfest last summer, we really enjoyed the Alarm's opening, never having seem them before (and to be honest, I didn't know who they were, or who the Furs were), and of course we were there for the Fixx, but yeah, we did leave before the Furs came on -- although after we heard some of their work, we wished we had stayed. But to our defense, it had been a long day of travel and we both were more than ready to call it a day by that point.

My own personal reasons for wanting the Fixx not to go on first, at least for the Chicago show, is so we can be sure of getting there before they go on (I have to work that morning) but as it turns out, we're getting an earlier start than expected and we should be there in more than enough time...of course, depending on that fun (so NOT!!) traffic through the city!! We have to go to the northern 'burbs to check into our hotel first, then beat it back to the Cubby...wish us luck and light traffic, would you PLEASE!! :tup:

And really, since I did NOT expect to get a chance to see them this time 'round, I don't care too much who goes on when, I'm just SO glad for the opportunity.... :cheers:

See you there!! :goodie:
Robin

msmith1
07-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi Tatgirl!
Will miss seeing you, this time around. Everybody, and Henry...for all the bluster, he's really a teddy bear, in person.
I've done the Chicago traffic thing many times...wish you best of luck. Start early, pad your time. It's been my experience that I-90/94, 294, the Dan Ryan, even 88, are forever under construction/destruction. You'd think someday, they'd be done! :rolleyes:

Kim:tup:

pippi617
07-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by msmith1
It's been my experience that I-90/94, 294, the Dan Ryan, even 88, are forever under construction/destruction. You'd think someday, they'd be done! :rolleyes:

Isn't that the most amazing thing!! It was that way when I was a kid and it,'s STILL that way - it must hold some kind of record for years under construction!! I marvel at that every time I am in Chicago. Makes LA traffic seem almost a breeze. ;)

TatGirl
07-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi Kim!
Well, darn...it would be nice to see you again, but that's the way of things, eh? :(

And, yeah, my daughter has lived in the northern 'burbs for about 6 years now, so I'm more familiar with the Chicago traffic than I ever wanted to be in my entire life!! :eek: Last time we were through there (last month actually) some of the construction actually seemed to have eased...at least along the route we took.

I'd like to have more travel time than we have, but I'm working til 11 (EDT), meeting up with my girlfriend who's coming with me this trip by 11:30, then setting off. It'll be iffy, but I expect that even with checking into the hotel first, we should be there by showtime...I hope!! :tup:

Take care...and hope to catch up with you again sometime!
:cheers:
Robin

coastalite
07-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by HENRY IZZO
Alarm, EB and the Fixx

What's the line-up order?

in other words who plays 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

The Hankster

For the July 12th concert in VA, I called the Ntelos Pavilion and they told me the lineup is as follows:

Alarm
Fixx
English Beat

Doors open at 6pm, show starts at 7pm.

TatGirl
07-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey thanks coast...I think I'll call the Cubby tonite & see if they can tell me for that show.

Ta!
Robin

musegirl
07-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey Fixxtures,

Filmed a couple of short video messages from Cy today, talking about the tour and camels and, well, it was Cy, so you can imagine what else.

Check them out on the home page of cycurnin.com (http://www.cycurnin.com).