PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Show 06-27-08

Shroombaker
06-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Wow.

Cy Curnin is in a tremendous mood. His freshly buzzed hair cut and sunglasses makes him a new person. His presence is on another level, afraid of nothing. Cy's physique looked slim, triangular, and in good form (Sexy might be another term for it). His presence and voice have reached a new level; no fear from the man who has climbed and conquered Everest.

In fact, the mood must be contagious. Rupert is an animal behind the keyboards. He's refreshed, attacking keys, syncopating every other note, and slinking and dancing behind his keyboards. I loved it.

Dan K. Brown looked a little fish out of water, lost on a few transitions between choruses/verses, but otherwises stood stoic with his trademark bass. A few more live gigs and he should have it down. Apparently he lost his luggage on the flight over, so he was dressed in (rather appropriate) tropical Floridian design: beige pants, white shirt, and an adventurous hat.

Adam was clockwork, and Jamie never plays the same solo twice -- all grand and spontaneous. The sound was edgey and loud. Fantastic. I felt the Fixx of old, not an old Fixx.

They pulled out songs I've not heard live before: The Flow, Cause to be Alarmed, All Is Fair, including Fatal Shore, Everyone Believes in Something, Less Cities, and a bouncy Are We Ourselves. A great reach into the catalog. Bravo.

Plenty of cameras were in the air, so I expect photos to be posted soon.

Prepare for The greatest Fixx ever...

-D

Kat32807
06-27-2008, 08:19 AM
The show was great! Glad I was able to go after all. Here's a link to my pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kat32807/sets/72157605842587144/

bradluke0
06-27-2008, 09:41 AM
hi all !! I agree with everything posted above except the part about Dan......I thought he brought the old "Dan the man " groove back , bass wise. He did , however look a little out of place with the tourist garb.....the good news is at least we know he had on clean underwear (I hope ) looking forward to tonights show in St Pete...........brad

Ritzzz
06-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey, Shroombaker!
Glad to hear you enjoyed the show! I haven't been to Orlando since the early 90's and the venue they played must have been awesome. I was at the Newton show and am going to the NH show. Tupelo is an "in-your-face," intimate spot and, with three bands in the house that night, the sound will be deafening! Why do I torture myself like this? Because I'm a devoted Fixxture! LOL!

Carrie
06-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Great pics Kat! Front and center - a gal after my own heart!

Dan looks great...he looks mature in the Floridian outfit, but VERY handsome for his age :angel: Can't wait to see him for the first time. Rupert, Adam, and especially Jamie look great too! I like Cy's new necklace and ring, and I'll just say that his hair will be looking great by the July shows :p But if it makes him happy bald, it can't be that bad, as Sheryl Crow would say!

Nice long set list! Too bad it'll have to be shorter for RTC, but still...I CAN'T WAIT...13 DAYS...!

msmith1
06-27-2008, 09:23 PM
OMG! Kat!
Those are really great pics!
Very exciting action ones!
Makes me feel like I was right there!

What was your favorite part of the show?
Did they have merch out? Lots of fixx-tures?

Dang, I wish they were heading this way:(

Kim :help:

Kat32807
06-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Wow I really don't have a favorite part it was just all of it LOL! What I always remember the most from any of the shows is Cy and his animated gestures as he sings.

There was no merch available at this show unfortunatly.

Glad you like the pictures!

buffalo-girl
06-28-2008, 01:15 PM
hey kat thanks for the great pics and review!!! i am so jealous!!! i wish they were coming to buffalo this time around? maybe next year?? but this made my day thanks again dee:wave: :goodie: :wave: :goodie:

EquestrianGrl78
06-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Awesome photos Kat! I can't wait till I see them in Anaheim on July 27th, I am sooo psyched! Glad you had a great time at the show!:)

Alicia