PDA

View Full Version : July 12th - Portsmouth VA + home video of 2005 VA Beach concert

coastalite
07-09-2008, 11:53 AM
It's been 3 long years since I last saw The Fixx back in the summer of 2005 at a free outdoor show down at the oceanfront on the boardwalk at 31st Street in VA Beach VA. How can you beat a FREE FIXX concert???

After the show, Jamie West-Oram was nice enough to sign each and every one of my Fixx album cover/cd inserts of the 11 cd's I have of them.

I shot some video of that concert and posted it on here a while back, but I'm not sure how many people saw it, so I would like to share the link again. It's 18 minutes and 28 seconds in length and features footage of the show set to 4 different songs they performed that night. I also mixed in some bikini contest footage since it was on the same tape and happened on the same weekend.

Please feel free to "rate" it and leave "comments" if you wish.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6573318909834725064&pr=goog-sl

Looking fwd to the July 12th show! See you there!

rockerchic
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Any subliminal messages Satisfied/Bikini babes/ followed by Touch ?:p
I loved all the Fixx stuff but could do without the skin show!

The Queen
07-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by coastalite

I shot some video of that concert and posted it on here a while back, but I'm not sure how many people saw it, so I would like to share the link again. It's 18 minutes and 28 seconds in length and features footage of the show set to 4 different songs they performed that night. I also mixed in some bikini contest footage since it was on the same tape and happened on the same weekend.

Please feel free to "rate" it and leave "comments" if you wish.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6573318909834725064&pr=goog-sl

That was you? you did that video?

I always enjoy the beginning, esp. seeing Taralyn's arms...always UP!....and my the back of my tall husbands head, can't miss that for anything, esp. on this video!!! and I think you did a great job of editing with the song of "Are You Satisfied".

However, putting the bikini contest shots to "How Much Is Enough" has always been just the tackiest thing I ever saw. You asked for comments.

Cary C-Troll
07-08-2010, 08:55 PM
and the link is still good. I hate that they were RIGHT HERE and I missed it, so this is GREAT! Thanx *Mwwwwaaah!*

Great choice of songs for the vid, too. Touch :love:

coastalite
07-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Cary C-Troll
and the link is still good. I hate that they were RIGHT HERE and I missed it, so this is GREAT! Thanx *Mwwwwaaah!*

Great choice of songs for the vid, too. Touch :love:

Wow - I forgot about that video I shot. In retrospect, I should have toned down the bikini footage. As I recall, I needed some "filler" footage, so I threw that in there and pretty much let my editing software run wild with it.

Are you going to see them at Busch Gardens July 31 and August 1? I will more than likely have to go to BOTH shows (so if the band is listening, please don't perform the SAME set list for both nights). I mean, how often do you get to see THE FIXX? I think it starts at 6pm which means I'll have to start happy hour around 3pm.