PDA

View Full Version : Music Box show in Hollywood

thebunbun
07-11-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't know if anyone has plans to go to this show but my friend has tried continually to get a hold on someone at the box office but no one ever picks up the phone and her messages have not been returned.

She's going there today, hopefully she can get tickets there instead of going to Ticketmaster. I hope it's not sold out.

thebunbun
07-18-2008, 12:16 AM
My friend got her tickets but she had to go through Ticketmaster. I'm glad she's going. It's her first time seeing the Fixx. Her friend from Chicago will be in town that week so they're going together.

thebunbun
07-26-2008, 05:20 PM
My friend Micky sent me a review of the Fixx show at the Music Box. I thought I'd share it with you all.

Dan and I had a great time at the concert last night!!! Music Box at Fonda is an old movie theater that is now a night club. There was no place to sit!! We had to stand up through the whole show. Even though it listed numbers for seats on the tickets, they didn't have actual seats there. We still had fun. We sat down on the steps in between when the bands played. It was casual dress and Dan brought his camera and took plenty pf pictures. The bathrooms were strange. There were people selling snacks in the restrooms! They even hand you a paper towel after you wash your hands.

The Alarm went on first. They were great!! They are a 4 piece band (drummer, guitarist, lead singer also playing guitar and a bass player). They have a new album out and were promoting that.

Then the Fixx went on about 9:00PM! They sounded awesome!!! Dr Roger didn't announce them. The curtain just opened and they started playing. Cy looks great and he's such a great singer. I loved watching him all night. :) Jamie was awesome on the guitar. They sounded so good!!!! They even played "One Thing Leads to Another." That's my favourite Fixx song. They didn't have a meet and greet, though. :(

When they were done playing, the curtain closed and they didn't come out to see the fans. The English Beat went on after them. While the English Beat were playing, I saw Jamie walk by me a few times with his friends. They were getting drinks. I was going to stop him to talk to him, but the music was so loud I knew I wouldn't be able to hear him and he wouldn't be able to hear me either so I didn't stop him. He walked by really fast. The weird thing is no one else recognized him. He walked right by Fixx fans and they didn't even noticed him. He seemed to be in a hurry. Maybe they were leaving. I wished I could have met Cy and Jamie.

The English Beat sounded great too. They had 6 people in the band (a lead singer playing guitar, drummer, bass player, keyboardist, singer and a sax player). People were dancing and having fun. They played two of
my favourite English Beat songs last night too. After the concert, we walked around to see if any of the bands were out front. They weren't, so we couldn't meet them. We still had a great time, though. Dan bought some t-shirts. We talked about the concert all the way home. We had a great time.

Carrie
07-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Glad she had a good time! Hopefully, it'll be her first show of many...

thebunbun
07-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Thanks Carrie, I hope so too! I'm glad they had a good time. :D