PDA

View Full Version : roger

strat1
07-13-2008, 07:04 AM
What,is rogers position with the band if he is not the tour manager.He is a great guy talked before the show at portsmouth . I asked him about the tee shirts etc.,After the show he saw us got us backstage to meet the fixx.All in all A great night.

strat1
07-14-2008, 06:34 AM
I, am sorry about asking such a basic question as who is roger , but i am new to this kind of thing.

Doctor Roger
07-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi Strat 1,

I finally got to look at the board after a whirlwind week with the tour. To answer your question, I am not the tour manager, that position is held by Scott Robinson, a professional manager with tons of gigs under his belt. I am merely his assistant, and I'm sometimes called "Production manager". I am learning the ropes and love to help out. Scott is a master on the sound board and creating the killer sound we heard at the recent shows. I try to take on many other tasks so that Scott can do what he is best at.

So in summary, I'm simply his assistant. Thanks for your compliments, it is my job and my pleasure to help fans like you get to meet the band. I'm glad we had the time to do that for you. You can thank Scott for the access as I secured his permission for the fan access. See you soon I hope...

Dr. Roger

msmith1
07-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Yes, Scott's a great guy...and so is Ira.

Sorry, I know it's a bit of poor form on my part, but I'm disheartened a person can be erased so easily. It finally got to me enough to say so.

I'd just like to hear once, that he is missed, a little.

Kim

strat1
07-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks, for the reply roger you were great.I was the big guy that was the guitar teacher from virginia beach."All the best" Rich.

HENRY IZZO
07-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by msmith1
Yes, Scott's a great guy...and so is Ira.

Sorry, I know it's a bit of poor form on my part, but I'm disheartened a person can be erased so easily. It finally got to me enough to say so.

I'd just like to hear once, that he is missed, a little.

Kim

Ira is definitely missed by The Hankster however with my reputation around here I don't know if that's good or bad. He did a great job with The Band and of course THe Fixx Sticks.

What an impressive Resume!
http://iraseigel.home.att.net/IRA/online_resume.html

Wish I could have been there for the DIO tour in '01.

Rock on IRA!

Best of luck to you my friend:tup:

:cheers:

The Hankster aka IZZO

shoeman
07-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Kim:

I miss Ira.

Shoeman sends him a pat on the back.

I appreciate his work.
And will not forget him.......

John

:)

pippi617
07-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Ira is da bomb . . . . 'da bestest!!!

he better be back . . .. he'll need his vitamins. ;)

Doctor Roger
07-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Strat, Kim, Ira,

First, thanks Strat for your comments. I certainly remember you and your wife. I'm glad you finally got to meet the band and get those pictures after all these years! Hope to see you again at a Fixx show!

Kim, Ira, and all Fixxtures..............

Ira is and always was held in the highest regard by me and many other fans. Under Ira's watch, and with his blessing, I was trained and allowed to implement tasks I always wanted to help with. It was Ira who went to bat for me (and STILL does) on many different issues. It was Ira who allowed me to introduce the band, act as driver, merch salesman, and many other things.

I didn't post a "swan song" or final thanks to Ira as I assume he will be back at some point. I am not privy to the politics, I only can say what's in my heart. Kim, surely you know I've shared meals, rooms, emotions, tears, and many other things with Ira, and I'll remain his friend and won't forget what he has done for me and for the band. I think Ira knows how I feel, now I'd like everyone else to know as well. Certainly I miss Ira, we all do ! We miss the Fixx Stix and the special things Ira does. Ira is not off my radar, on the contrary, I still ask Ira for his mentoring and advice. Yes, I DO miss Ira on the road, and I value our ongoing friendship and will keep in contact.

So, Kim, you are quite right... Ira deserves our THANKS, and I'll be one of the first to agree with you that we miss and love Ira and his special ways. Please forgive me if I didn't give Ira the props he deserves, I only hope you now know my heartfelt feelings about it. In my mind, Ira is neither "gone" nor forgotten. Ira was, is, and always will be my friend.

THANKS IRA for everything you've done and continue to do. THANKS Kim for bringing up the topic and allowing me to directly reply to the board with my feelings.

Much Love to Ira as Always....

Dr. Roger

msmith1
07-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Thank you Henry, John, Pippi, & Roger

I feel badly that I said that; I was out-of-order.

Thanks so much for saying, and understanding.

And thanks Roger --for helping out this tour, as you've been doing.

Kim:)

buffalo-girl
07-15-2008, 09:19 AM
hi roger so glad you are doing so well wit the tour!! hopefully the fixx will come back to buffalo next year and i can meet you and the other fixtures here that would be very cool take care and don't work too hard lol dee:wave: :cheers: :wave:

Doctor Roger
07-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Kim,

You are surely not out of order addressing this topic. It shows not only your love for your hubby, but also addresses a topic near and dear to you.
No apology needed, we should all have a mate that supports like you do !

Much Love To All,

Dr. Roger :)

TatGirl
07-15-2008, 09:52 AM
:idea:

I think I can speak for all the fans in saying we're so SO grateful to WHOever is doing WHATever it takes to keep the Fixx touring. EVERYONE that helps out in ANY capacity deserves a huge :tup: and a round of whatever tickles your fancy :cheers: !!

Cuz that means we have this amazingly talented band to listen to that has such a distinctive and original sound -- :love:

:wave:

musegirl
07-15-2008, 09:53 AM
So many lovely people in and around The Fixx. We are a very fortunate community. Warmest wishes to all.

heimo
07-16-2008, 05:31 AM
I had the pleasure to meet Ira in New York back in Novembre 2006 after the Show at the Nokia Theatre.
What a kind and friendly person he is. And to be honest: IMO the Fixx-Sticks sound better then most of the Disc-Live-CDs.
So thank you Ira, all the best + I hope that we will hear from you soon.

TatGirl
07-16-2008, 06:00 AM
IMO the Fixx-Sticks sound better then most of the Disc-Live-CDs.

I agree...I've got 2: Pine Knob 6/2006, and Black Swamp, I believe it was 9/06. Both incredible shows, as always, and the stix do have a great sound, besides being so portable.

Thank you, Ira!!

And again, many many many thanks to everyone who is involved with this phenomenally talented group of guys!!

bradluke0
07-17-2008, 08:48 AM
hi all ! I got the chance to Ira at the first show we attended at the Orlando Hard Rock...what a great guy . He took the time to answer my questions about the sound board and the making of the Fixxstiks. I hung around back there between the walkway and the sound board and made a pest of myself...he didn't even have me thrown out ! Yes , we do miss him !.......have a great week all....brad

rockerchic
07-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Though I actually never had the chance to meet him, I know he helped my husband and I when we almost could not make a show because we were financially strapped. It was the Nokia Theatre show November 2006 and I had such a wonderful time at that show with Fixxtures from the West Coast and that was the show I got to meet Heimo. Thanks for helping us keep our long distance friendships and of course our mutual love for the band! Of course you will never be forgotten as we have our much enjoyed Fixx Stixx to help us reminisce. I hope next time I will get to meet you and thank you in person! :cheers: