PDA

View Full Version : NYC Show

jenn68
07-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I do not post much but I had to after yesterdays show at the Fillmore. I am curious to see what everyone thought of the show. I had an amazing time but...There is always a but isn't there? It just seemed like I was the only one "letting my hair down" at some points .I became very self conscious about it but forged ahead anyway, embarressement and all. I was lucky enough to be in the front and as always after seeing the band, I leave there with a smile on my face and a warm heart.
Jenn

TatGirl
07-15-2008, 09:55 AM
You go, girl!! Have fun regardless of any fuddyduddyment around you...they love it!! :goodie:

Robin
:wave:

rockerchic
07-15-2008, 02:28 PM
I thought that we had very outstanding performances at The Fillmore at Irving Plaza on Sunday! The Fixx's setlist was:
Deeper and Deeper
All Is Fair
Are we Ourselves?
One Thing Leads to Another
Everyone Believes In Something
Secret Separation
Driven Out
Yesterday,Today
Stand or Fall
Woman on A Train
Fatal Shore
Red Skies
and of course the encore Saved by ZERO

A very playful and animated Cy Curnin amused the crowd and his band mates especially Dan K. Brown who wore his infamous hat. Cy lifted up his hat and was goofin' around with him. Dan never missed a beat through out it and acted along like he was a statuesque robot or mime. It was great to see Dan K. Brown for the first time! Loved the fretless bass! Got to hear lots of bass especially on Are We Ourselves and Woman on a Train. My Fixx favorites in addition to the classics at this show were Deeper and Fatal Shore as I love Jamie's rocking performance for the intro's to these songs. Yesterday/Today is also on my top list as the melody is soothing and hypnotic.

At the end of The Fixx's set, Cy and staff threw out his "Cy Curnin for Love,Hope,Strength" - Black and Orange Bracelet to the crowd. A well appreciated momento!
Thanks to the new tour manager Scott for all his hard work. It was nice to meet you!

There was merchandise at this show. The Fixx were selling "Stage Two -The Public Eye" DVD and Cy Curnin's "The Returning Sun" CD as well as Cy Curnin shirts and Lanyards. The Alarm had 2 different shirts ( one was the Alarm's Black/White Poppy double sided shirt and the other a tan camo shirt which I think was The Guerilla Tactics design), and The new "Guerilla Tactics" CD/DVD. The English Beat, well they had just about everything they have out - buttons, shirts, CD's LP's, Etc.

The Alarm held a MeetN'Greet after their set. Mike Peters and The Alarm appeared to enjoy the interaction with their fans. They took many photos and had conversations with the fans for quite some time.

Sadly I did not see a MeetNGreet for The Fixx or The Beat. There is always a next time!

I know I was dancing and having a very nice time! My husband and I were right up front to the right where Jamie was playing. I seen a few others dancing as well! Lots of singing along too!

Sorry to anyone who did not feel comfortable there. A lot may have to do with how hot is was at that venue! It felt like 200 degrees! Thanks to the English Beat for giving out the water!:D

Great show to all 3 bands - thank you so much for a wonderful night! Rock on!
:cheers: Yours Truly, Sherri Maloney ( aka Rockerchic on The Fixx and The Alarm message boards)

jenn68
07-15-2008, 07:00 PM
I really did have a great time and I am glad others did too. It was hot there and the closer you got to the stage, the hotter it seemed but I am not sure if that was a reason why people were not as animated as I thought. In the end, I had a wonderful time and I can not wait for the next one!
jenn

45 rpm
07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
That was a great post Sherri (my merch partner in crime.. :D) great to see you & Kevin again and nice to meet some new friends and finally Roger. It was a blast!

rockerchic
07-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Hello Jenn68 and welcome to the board! It is a warm bunch on this board. Everyone has great Fixx stories and memories here. Please feel free to share yours.

Just want to say I had an exceptionally great time. Thank you Doctor Roger and Tour Manager, Scott for allowing me to fill in at your merchandise table! This just added to my memoirs through the eyes of a Fixx fan. In addition to the Fixx, I got to be amongst my other favorite band, The Alarm and their fans/merch people. Hello 45 rpm! Thanks for showing me the ropes on how to do the merchandise! Thank you to Andrew from the Alarm table as well. These two kept a watchful eye to make sure I was okay and that I was still able to enjoy the night! It was also a pleasure meeting Candy at The English Beat's Table. Thanks also for your help!
Attending both the Atlantic City show and New York City shows this weekend, I met and reconnected with so many. I really enjoyed the time spent with each person even if some it was only a minute or two! Out of Fixx fans, I met Classic Movie Fan (Nancy) - coincidentally we live in the same county and she works in my town, Nancy's sister Sandra, Terri ( from Philly) and his significant other - sorry forgot the name. * these aforementioned people attended Atlantic City and sadly never got to see The Fixx! In New York City, I met Silent Screen Star (thanks for helping me find the way there ), "Eric the Taylor", Ndevona and friends, Kate L., Linda, and many others that said they read but don't post here. Don't be shy come on and say hi! We don't bite here on the forum. Lots of Alarm fans met too but being that it is a Fixx board I will not mention their names here. If they are reading the board also stop and say hi!
This would be my 7th Fixx show which is not as nearly the number as most of the diehards that fly across the states for them. The same goes for The Alarm, to the fans that have the time and money to fly to Wales for The Gathering and other Alarm related events. Wished I could do it too to meet so many more interesting people! These bands bring out the best in people and the best people!
:cheers:

45 rpm
07-22-2008, 06:40 PM
From Irving Plaza:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RRHo1C-qCM4

rockerchic
07-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Wow thanks to whomever made that video clip! My daughter Kayleigh was thrilled to see it. So sorry that my husband and my heads and hands were in the way. That confirmed I have a chia pet head! At least we were trying to dance. lol!
Lily, I am amazed at how you coordinated the photos on the Alarm's MySpace and how you always include us Fixx fans too! Thank you for the wonderful job that you do to make these fan experiences extra special!
Already feeling blue that the tour is almost over and I won't get Fixxed until who knows when? However, Am :) that Mike Peters will be at our MusicFest again though! Counting the days again!:cheers:

jenn68
07-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Rockerchic,
Thanks for the warm welcome! It is nice to feel embraced!
I see that you are from Union, which is funny since I moved from there a year ago to my current location. I lived there for 11 years !
I viewed the you tube video and although I did not see myself, I did see the back of my husbands head multiple times: what a treat.
Thanks again and hope to be posting more frequently.
jenn

rockerchic
07-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Nice to hear from you again! You lived in Union? What section? I live near 5 points not far from the infamous Galloping Hill Inn. Did you know Union just ranked 75th safest places to live in the United States? I was very surprised to hear that. I hope you are located somewhere close so we can say hello at another show.
Were you standing in front of the stage in front of Cy? My husband was the guy in the baseball cap. I smiled at the woman I am referring to as she turned around when I was cracking on my husband for his bizarre dance movement. Like I should speak as that is my head bopping all around to the right behind my husband. :laugh: :o
Have you attended other Fixx shows? Are you a fan of the other bands?
Glad you found this message board and we look forward to hearing from you!

:)

jenn68
07-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Rockerchic,
It is very scary but I too lived in the 5 points area! Not far from Washington school. How freaky is that.
I was in front of Cy after much strategic manuvering on my part. I dragged my husband as well. He looked at it as a night out and I, being the 80's alternative music junkie, looked at it as a perfect night out! I love the Fixx, always have always will. My i-pod is filled with 80's music and I am always filling it with more obscure songs.
I look forward to speaking with you further as well as meeting you at other shows!
jenn

rockerchic
07-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Thank you for putting up my review and a photo on the gallery from the NYC show! Some how my setlist was altered on there saying that Less Cities was played. Which to my recollection was not or was that a Freudian slip since that was the infamous weekend of less cities? :laugh: