PDA

View Full Version : Special Thanks

Doctor Roger
07-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Dear Fellow Fixxtures,

I simply HAD to write to thank all those fans who helped out and offered to help during the first 6 shows through New York and the prior shows.

My personal thanks to Bradluke (and his Crew) in Florida for all you did and offered to do. Forgive me if I don't list everyone as I gave my list and notes to Scott for the next 5 midwest shows I won't be at. I literally met hundreds of fans of all 3 bands and it was great. Thanks also to 45 RPM for the successful attempts to mix all 3 bands and fans.

Big thanks goes to Elaine and Megan for all the help given during the shows they attended. What a refreshing breath of air these ladies and all the fans infused into the behind the scenes tasks and interface required. Thanks to Sherri (Rockerchic) for filling in doing the merch, you are a real pro! Thanks Kevin (Rockerdude), Sherri's hubby for allowing her to miss most of the show in order to help out, and for his help afterwards gathering the merch boxes, equipment, etc. A real gentleman!

There are many more names that I'm not listing here as I made many notes, met new and old fans, and had a great time shuckin' and jivin' with everyone. Alot of fans got to realize their dream of meeting the band by virtue of our fans freeing me up somewhat to actually bring them by the hand backstage in groups for a fast meet and greet. Some have waited over 25 years and never really had a chance beacuse they were shy, or other reasons they couldn't meet the Fixx. Now they know what it feels like to shake the hand and look at the new screensaver of them next to the band. We all know how special this can be to a real fan.

It truly warmed my heart to be able to do this for the fans, so I thank all those who took some loads off me, thus freeing me up to roam as a free radical. I tried to use the time to connect fans with bands, and it worked swimmingly ! The bands greatly appreciated meeting as many fans as possible. Hats off to the Alarm and the Beat for also giving props to all the fans. This mixture of the Beat/Alarm/Fixx is a great cocktail of loving, down to earth bands who simply adore their fans as much as we love them.

So I'm looking forward to the west coast stops and doing as much as we can to continue to show the love and reciprocal respect that the fans show to the bands. Everyone is buzzing about the new merch that Webmaster Ed has coming very soon. I can't wait to see the tour books and new shirts, etc. Show your love by getting and wearing Fixx merch ! Alot of time, money, and effort was put in to produce these things. Let's sell out like the otherbands do !

Can't wait to see and meet as many fans as possible going forward with this fantastic tour ! It's been one of the best two weeks of my life.

With Much Love,

Dr. Roger:cheers:

rockerchic
07-15-2008, 08:15 PM
It was my pleasure helping you! Thank you,Scott, The band, and whomever was concerned for allowing us to give a hand! and like I said before I'd go out of my way to make a meal, run errands, do laundry :laugh: You were kind not to take advantage of a hardworking mom!:p In all seriousness though it is a memory to never be forgotten!:cheers:

Carrie
07-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the chance to take Rupert to his hotel - glad he wasn't too perturbed that we got a little...erm...lost :p And thanks again for the drumstick! Keep us in mind for Delaware!

Will definitely be purchasing some merch in Delaware, too!

45 rpm
07-17-2008, 05:45 PM
That was such a beautiful and poignant message Roger. It was a pleasure meeting you finally and look forward to seeing you again in Nevada. It's been so nice meeting new friends from the board and there's been such great comraderie with the fans of all 3 bands. Bravo to you for your devotion and all your hard work.
Regards, Lily

bradluke0
07-18-2008, 06:38 PM
hi all ! Roger , what is really comes down to is thanks to you , Scott and the band for being good dudes . I know I speak for all of us , it was an honor and pleasure to help out. My only regret is me and Cindy missed out on the late-night partying with yourself and my "crew" , we were whipped from a very long week. hope everyone has a great weekend......brad