PDA

View Full Version : Love,Hope, Strength walkathon and Peru ROCKS

rockerchic
07-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Wow summer is going so fast! I guess it is true, time flies when you are having fun!

Just wanted to post a few reminders about the Love,Hope,Strength Charity. As you are aware Cy Curnin and Jamie West-Oram joined Mike Peters (The Alarm) and James Chippendale on a mission to raise money to aid with building support networks and the purchase of necessary technology for cancer treatment globally. Together with other musicians and trekkers, they successfully made a Guiness Record of the highest concert played in Everest. However, the principle at heart here is that they also successfully funded the first ever mammography and internal radiation machine in Nepal with the money they helped raise. They will continue with this mission this year as they go on to Macchu Picchu, Peru in October. You can help support them if you go to www.perurocks.org
I would also like to say thank you to two of my friends that are fans of The Alarm - George Devanney and Lyn Nelson who have signed on to go to Peru Rocks. You can also donate to them if you wish by clicking to www.perurocks.org where you can donate to specific trekkers. If you wish to read more about LHS and related events, please go to www.lovehopestrength.com and there you can read about all of these compassionate individuals that have all joined together for this worthy cause.
Want to become an "army member" in Love,Hope,Strength? Can't make it to Peru?
Well, in addition to a free two day Music Fest, you can participate in Love,Hope,Strength's "Rock on! Walkathon" or "5K Rock n' Run"
Friday, September 5th is MusicFest and at 8 a.m. Saturday, September 6th in Nomahegan Park, Cranford, New Jersey, the walkathon and run will take place with concert festivities afterwards.
This year's LHS Walkathon/Run will raise money to support children with cancer and blood disorders in New Jersey as well as Global Cancer Centers.
LHS paired up with The Valerie Fund which provides support for comprehensive healthcare for children with cancer and blood disorders. The fund maintains 8 centers in the tri-state but the monies raised by these events will support new programs at their first original Children's Center in Overlook Hospital in Summit, New Jersey.
* Overlook Hospital so happens to be the hospital that I attend whenever needed*
If you are interested in being a participant in the Walk or Run, you can register at www.uclovehopestrength.com otherwise, I am registered again to participate in the Walkathon so if you wish to donate to this cause, please send me a personal message here or at MySpace so I can give you the information as to where to forward your donation. ( P.S. - I finally have a paypal account) Last year's Walkathon went very well as I walked and was a volunteer through out the day. I do post photos of this event as well as sending out personal thank yous/momentos to my sponsors! Last year's photos of the walkathon can be seen at www.myspace.com/jerseyrockerchic
Thank YOU for your time in reading this and for the possibility of YOU making a difference :angel: ! Sincerely, Sherri M.

edited to correct an e-addy:o

rockerchic
07-29-2008, 07:37 AM
I want to say a great big thanks for our fellow Fixx fan Carrie who has given her continued support to LHS and to me as well as the Fixx members. You make us proud!:angel:

Another thanks to my friend Christi ( who I think may lurk here). Christi is sponsoring me as she has a 4 year old friend that had a brain tumor. I met this little guy this weekend and he seems to be doing well but has had some complications with the surgery and now has hearing aids. You can never tell how much trauma he had been through with chemo and all. He is a handsome little blond haired, blue eyed boy who is so full of life! Christi it is too bad you are working that day or I know you'd be walking with me! I will keep Matt in my thoughts as I walk!
Thanks for your many years of friendship!:angel:

bradluke0
07-29-2008, 11:07 AM
hi all ! I have much respect for everyone involved with these great causes. It is one thing to donate money , but to donate time also ?? Thats awesome ! I encourage everyone to donate what they are able to , I know I will.......have a great day , brad

buffalo-girl
07-30-2008, 04:12 AM
this is such a great cause i am sorry i can't do more but i will donate today asi did last year great job rockerchic and everyone else that is involved dee:tup: :wave: :love:

rockerchic
08-25-2008, 11:23 PM
TO POTENTIAL SUPPORTERS - If you wish to donate to the walkathon, please be sure to contact me this week. All funding needs to be collected before September 6th. I will be walking for the 2nd year in this Love,Hope,Strength Event called the "Rock On Walkathon".
Reminder PeruRocks is just around the corner too. You can support Cy or Jamie for PeruRocks. All monies raised all go to the same causes.
Any questions, feel free to send me a personal message here, myspace, or facebook.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and the possible considerations in aiding in making a difference!:angel:

Sincerely and Respectfully,
Sherri - aka rockerchic

Last year's walkathon/musicfest photos can be seen at www.myspace.com//jerseyrockerchic