PDA

View Full Version : The sludge flows south

Phantom spirit
03-25-2002, 09:51 PM
Us fellow Floridians are getting tired of ducking every time we hear bad news (and I know there are a lot of fans from sunny FLA).

What's with the:
Screwed up elections
Anthrax assembly lines
Training terrorists
Shark attacks
Corrupt politicians
Bigotry in the news
People killing their dogs in the news

and other lists I could mention.

Take my advice...if you visit, looking for a fun place with an oversized rat for a mascot in mid-Florida, rent a car with state license plates, or you're sure to get pulled over. Yes, it happened to my significant other 4 times in the first two weeks we lived here with out-of-state plates.

Thanks for letting me rant.
I'm in sunny Florida.
Wish you were here.

And you spring breakers...watch the fake IDs. They're cracking down like Palm Springs in Daytona Beach...400 nailed so far.

itizuki
03-30-2002, 06:29 PM
You Said It!
Seems like every time I watch the news our dear state is on with some horrific storyline. The latest is the guy who cut off some young mans head with a machete and placed it on the hood of a car.... not to mention the disappearance of little baby Sabrina, the Jerry Springer show guest who smashed in his wifes head and killed her, and on and on. Not a nice way to get National attention.

Unsightly Waif
04-01-2002, 08:44 AM
As a former long time resident of Florida (21 years, since I was 4), I can identify with all you guys are saying. Florida seems to accumulate an incredible amount of weird people and weird happenings.

I now live in Tennessee, which is screwed up in many diverse ways. I can actually say I miss the government in Florida, at least they do not have their heads up their butt! Here in TN, the legislature cannot even make a decision on how to make up for the budget deficit and the general population is terrified of an income tax. So how do they deal with the situation? They close the state parks?!?!??! It is sad!

I also miss going to the beach anytime!

USW :P

Unsightly Waif
04-01-2002, 08:45 AM
Lastly, I can state with complete confidence that . . .

I DON'T MISS THE TOURISTS AND ALL THE OLD PEOPLE!!!

These were the main reasons I left the state.

USW :)