PDA

View Full Version : I have the Thoughtscape CD with the 2 songs from Cy's solo project.

romenhal
10-01-2000, 04:42 PM
I was thinking about sending them to Steve for his awesome sound file archive so other Fixtures could download them, as long as this is okay... I don't know how to go about doing it, but I'm all ears. Maybe a set time through Napster. Also, speaking of Napster, I logged on just at the right time to do a search for Fixx songs and someone was on there who had the track "Do what you can!" I thought to myself, why download it if I already have it on my Missing Links CD. Then I noticed the time length of the song was not the same as the one on my CD so I downloaded it. Sure enough, it was another version. I'm thinking it's the one everyone has been talking about from the Walkabout CD hidden track. BTW, I actually like this track better! Anyhow, I will also send this one through whatever means. Again, as long as it's okay. I also have the Alpha mix of Saved By Zero. It's not the lost versus, but a different mix. So what can we do? Talk to ya l8r...

Romenhal

SignofFire
10-11-2000, 08:43 PM
You could use one of those "free internet hard drive services" such as www.xdrive.com. (http://www.xdrive.com.)
When you register, they give you about 10 to 25 Megs of space. Uploading works the same as any file transfer except it's HTTP, not FTP, so it's a bit slow. Anyway, once you've uploaded the music, just send the person you wish to share the files with an email from your Xdrive account and a hyperlink to that shared transfer site will be sent in the message. The instructions on the site are better than mine. Hope you find it useful.

Octopulse
10-12-2000, 04:04 PM
I remember hearing some of Cy's stuff last year and i recall it sounded very stripped down, just him and acoustic guitar mainly, but very good music. I was wondering if the songs on the CD are anything like that, or if maybe a little more production has been added. Not that Cy needs it but i was just wondering.
I agree that the later version of "Do what You Can" that was hidden on "Walkabout" is better, it sounds more polished than the missing links version. And I've also been waiting for someone with the extended versions of "Secret Separation" or "Saved By Zero" to get on Napster lomg enough for me to catch one but it hasn't happened, I'm beginning to think noone using Napster has the songs to upload, I mean those EP versions can't be that rare? or can they? If I wanted i could can grab the extended versions of Less Cities or I Will from Napster no problem but not SS or SBZ, you would think the odds would be the other way around seeing how those songs were more popular.
Has anyone else downloaded the "Saved By Zero (Extended Version)" from Napster only to get the 1011 Woodland version. I swear some people need to learn how to organize their stuff, wasting peoples time sucks.

Endeavouring To Persevere
Octo

jeff
10-25-2000, 05:48 PM
> I was wondering if the songs on the CD are anything like that

I had heard a couple additional tracks a while back, and they were *very* different than the Thoughtscape song: much more dense and, yes, Fixxy in nature.

jeff