PDA

View Full Version : Remember "Sweet Pademonium"?, Just reading is fine but posting is better!!

Octopulse
10-23-2000, 10:41 AM
Hello Again,
This may sound kinda preachy to some, and it's not really meant for the regular "posters" on the list, but mainly for the "readers only" out there who can't seem to get thier fingers typing.

It seems to me that if the band can take the time to record a song for us FOR FREE, and if others can take THIER TIME to provide the song and/or make us aware of the song then why are there NO COMMENTS about the song. I mean if there are over 140 people registered on this board then why after over a week is there nothing to say.

If you don't like the tune and don't wanna say so then i could almost see why, but i don't think anyone here would hold an honest opinion against you anyway.

If you do like the tune then why not say so and show your appreciation.

If I was in the band and I wanted to know what people thought of "Sweet Pandemonium" this is where i would look. But if I saw no comments I'de be like.... OK i guess noone really gives a hoot about my song.

So to all those members out there who have only had the time to read posts....

WE WANT TO KNOW WHATS ON YOUR MIND!!!

WE WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE!!!

SO DON'T BE BASHFUL... START TYPING !!!

Octo

danr
10-23-2000, 10:52 AM
I liked "Sweet Pandemonium" the first time I heard it, but I would like to here a tighter more refined version on their next album. I don't mind the live sound, but it could use a little more dominant guitar and drums. Don't get me wrong though. I love the song and hope that Jamie keeps it up.

rdandrew
11-16-2000, 10:42 PM
Thanks, Octopulse. I'm a brand new member and began scanning the threads for anything "Sweet." Just as I was about to enter a topic of "pandemoneum" I saw your plea.

I like the tune a lot. What a treat. The Fixx sound with a different vocalist. We've not had this phenomenon since that Ink track. (Sorry, I can't recall the name and my disk is downstairs.)

Jamie -- nice debut, assuming it is your lead vocal debut.

Also -- Special thanks to Dan K. Brown for his bass track. Mr. Brown's bass blurbs are so signature of the unique Fixx sound. (No offense to Chris.)

I'll have to go back to the download sight to confirm the author credits, but I'm going out on a limb and giving kudos to Jamie for his song writing. The lyrics tell an interesting story, appropriate for our day -- while we still have tyrants with real power in the world.

jeff
11-16-2000, 11:37 PM
Hey Octo - how about some stats for ya in place of words...

There have been around 1100 or so downloads of Sweet Pandemonium so far (it's been up - what? 4 weeks?) and there's been a couple dozen pieces of email about the song sent directly to thefixx.com webmaster address.

jeff

p.s. I LOVE the song!

Octopulse
11-17-2000, 06:24 AM
Greetings Again,
I see that the number of registered members here has grown almost 25% in the last month, very cool. I don't know alot about what number of downloads will put a song into the "sucessful on the internet" category but "Sweet Pademonium" being downloaded 1100 times in one month doesn't seem too shabby to me. It's good to know that the song isn't being ignored.
Theres this little thing called "The Snowball Effect", which means something small can quickly become much larger if its pushed in the right direction. My original post on this topic was my way of pushing that snowball, the band's music has made my life more enjoyable and I felt I at least owed them that much. From where I stand It seems that the bands hard work, along with the efforts of the many people that have given thier time to help promote the band are slowly gaining some momentum.

LETS BUILD A SNOWMAN FOR THE FUTURE,

Octo

rdandrew
11-17-2000, 11:58 PM
1100 downloads! Wow. That's awesome, in my opinion. So -- can anyone tell me if the free downloads are previews of an album in progress? And is there a count or record of new material the Fixx performed on their fall tour? I missed the Port Washington show this summer, regretfully.

miked26
11-20-2000, 10:02 AM
I like Sweet Pandemonium as well, mostly for the sound that goes with it. Calm and relaxing vocals from Jamie also make the song sound "sweet". If it was actually considered to become a single on a future album, I think they should update it some since it was recorded back in the mid 80's. I did let Jamie know though on the recent tour how nice the song was and hearing him sing for a change. So, we've gotten Adam to sing and now Jmaie. When does Rupert's song come out??

Octopulse
11-20-2000, 02:54 PM
How ya doin'?

I was under the impression that Sweet Pandemonium was a new song. Did someone in the band say it was from the mid 80's? Does anybody have the scoop on when the song first came about and when it was recorded?

I have to agree that a new version with a little more polish would sound great on the new album, not that it doesnt sound good now, but I think theres some potential to be wrung out still.

Octo

jeff
11-20-2000, 06:05 PM
Octo is right - Sweet Pandemonium is new (at least new in the sense that it was recorded around the same time Elemental was).

jeff

itsmephil
11-21-2000, 12:15 AM
Hi All.

Listening to it right now. Always do at work.
Also reminds me of the Fixx show where I listened to it quite a bit on the way there and on the way back.

Hey, life is good. As are The Fixx.