Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming tour ?

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    [i]As I work for HP, I got one of their cheaper cameras, which is good enough for me. 2.1 megapixels, but it drains the batteries really quickly.
    [/B]
    The Fuji has a built in rechargeable battery pack and holds the charge for ages. Charged up the night before I went away to Romsey and the camera was still charged and in use after 12 days of strong use. The HP is a great camera though, besides, nowadays, the level of software will bring the best out of even the worst picture. Will be good to see and share the results.
    See you Saturday.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Several new dates posted on Pollstar. I think you Florida fans will be quite pleased. And there are some East Coast dates, too.

Patiently waiting for some Midwest dates...

YES!
    We beat Pollstar to the postings, on our very own TOUR page.

Check the TOUR page now, you'll see a few photos from the Borderline last night, in the September 4 gallery.

(I know, I know, the little hand doesn't appear. Click on the red text anyway. I don't know why the hand doesn't appear!)

You won't be waiting much longer for the midwest dates. I think you can figure out that it will be early/mid November. We'll have city and venue info for you very soon.

Smile CONCERT IN VERMONT!!!

As a HUGE FIXXTURE up in Vermont, the posting of The Fixx returning to the Green Mountain State made my month. I'm already anxiously awaiting November 8th. Hoping I can introduce myself to the group at that time.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
    "I don't think that he should take The Strain"

Originally posted by Angelina
    Several new dates posted on Pollstar. I think you Florida fans will be quite pleased. And there are some East Coast dates, too.

Patiently waiting for some Midwest dates...

KAT,
    I expect you to attend all of these Florida gigs!

Angelina,
    I am also waiting IMPATIENTLY for Midwest dates. Stomping the foot & pouting! LOL

Tracy

Oh, any thing in Colorado? I keep checking the tour page--you're great to keep it so current! We are kind of in the middle of nowhere--but we need our Fixx, too.

hey guys!

I finally got around to checking out the reviews and pics at the site, great pics and reviews!

the main site is coming along nicely, hats off to Ed please everyone

I assume most of those pics were taken with a digital camera by the previous posts here, myself I find they are good for casual shots but Im a bit nervous of using one at a show, I have a Nikon Coolpix 990 and Im not real confindent of its flash and how it would work in a club setting, I dont have the money for an external flash right now either, plus the annoying delay makes it hard to wait for that moment and get it down to split second timing, so crucial for action shots, my trusty old Canon AE-1 backup was swiped from my vehicle awhile back so thats no longer an option, I used to use it years ago to photo my brothers band and I didnt use the flash at all in the clubs, i used a higher speed film and relied on the club lighting and some strategic timing for lighting.

Im kinda tempted to borrow a regular 35mm camera for the Troy show if I make it there but darned I hate having to wait to see results, any advise on this one? I dont wanna bring two cameras
    either.

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    all my pics were taken with the Fuji Finepix, an excellent starting point for digital photography and unlike most digital cameras, it doesn't suffer from an excessive delay between pressing the button and the shot being taken. Shots of Cy, Jamie, Adam, Gary were taken from no further than 8 feet away, Rupert on the far side of the stage, about twice that. Flash can be manually set according to what is needed or as I do, just press automatic and place my trust in technology.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

SHARING A BIT OF INSIDER NEWS

Originally posted by Octopulse
    the main site is coming along nicely
    That means a lot. thanks. It is a lot of work. Not that it's tough, it's pretty simple, and standard, the way it's built and updated, but it does gets time-consuming. There's so much other work I do. They keep me busy! That's NOT a complaint!!
    Management and band are talking about EVERYTHING you can imagine. There's just no time to do it all at once! So, naturally, everything gets done one thing at a time. But from the looks of it, the new year should be filled with a lot of surprises and, they hope, a lot of traveling!
    Some good news I think would be alright to share: the initial production run of Want That Life has been increased due to the amount of pre-orders that have come in. I mean, we're not talking 13-million-like-Metallica numbers, you understand, there's not that many zeros in the production run!!!, but still it is a tremendous boost to us all, just to get this news.
    The single should go to radio in 7 to 14 days, so we'll see how it goes!
    And I can't tell you all how many times, nearly each and every week, I relay messages to the band and they respond how happy they are for all of your support, care and affection. So hat's off to all of you!

from thefixxdotcom...
    That means a lot. thanks.
    You are welcome, keep up the good work, dont mind us fans, we want everything yesterday, that wont change, but I think the site is in good hands

Hey Stuart,

Thanks for the advise. I think Im just gonna put it on auto, forget about perfect shots, and concentrate on enjoying the show.

Cya's

Talking

I SHALL DO MY BEST...LOL (already bought my Tampa tickets!)

Re: from Magical...
    KAT,
    I expect you to attend all of these Florida gigs!
    "You NO Me" - Kat

Originally posted by Octopulse
    Hey Stuart,

Thanks for the advise. I think Im just gonna put it on auto, forget about perfect shots, and concentrate on enjoying the show.

Cya's
    Octo don't forget to post them to the tour page after the show i want to see them.

I reset the digatal zoom on mine and was able to turn the flash off for some shots. got some great blurred ones as well!!! Just make sure your batteries are fully charged. Had to change mine halfway through the borderline show darn annoying.

ettenaj

ps i think i have the hots for thefixxdotcom!!!!!!!!!!!!

that will give STUART something else to tease me about!!

hey now, let's keep our affairs , I mean... our community relations , I mean... our group activities ... dear Lord... I mean!... let's maintain our professional level here!

Picys of Thefixxdotcom can be found on update page August click on the blue Wayne Hussey under the pic of Gary with a bear on his head and on the tour page under the 2003 dates in 2002 dates 12 july 2002 Universal Amphitheatre CA click on dark red word gallery

ettenaj

ps code name is Ed

pps Not a chance!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12