Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The lack of activity on this board baffles me !

The lack of activity on this board baffles me !

Hey I am a new member here...and I'm quite surprised to realise how little activity there seems to be on this board...Is there a more active Fixx board anywhere else ?

It is almost impossible that the band has become that *unpopular*...

Welcome aboard! Nope this is the only one as far as i know of. As for lack of activities, that should change when/if the new cd`s ever released, and more tour dates are posted.
    David

actually, I think it's quite active. I'm surprised there is a post every day. And though there are a select few who are most active, the number of people reading the posts is very high.
    It's really good that there isn't another place. We need to stick together and kick start the band when the CD is released. Then the mail list will get going again and update everyone on news.

Cool

Yes, a lot of people lurking in the shadows who enjoy reading the posts but don't really care to reply ... the more the merrier I say.
    "You NO Me" - Kat

Hi everyone Well, there might be a post everyday but the board is WAY less active than all other boards I'm on (Bowie/Simple Minds - I know, I know, The Fixx have never been *that* people anyway!!! ). I just have the feeling The Fixx got forgotten by many...They may have a small following...but I find it unfortunate that there isn't more web resources out there. I wasn't able to find a complete. comprehensive site on the band...Is there one ? Don't tell me the *official* website...It's a nice one but far from being complete!

what would make it complete?

A complete site for me :

-Frequent updates
    -A detailed discography with picture sleeves
    -A functional message board
    -A timeline with the most important dates since the band started....

You know...A site that would do justice to the band...I know it takes $$$ and it takes time....

The message board is functional, there simply hasn't been much news to report lately. Probably won't be until the album is released and the tour starts. The band even checks in sometimes, although they tend to use an alias.

There is a discography, and many picture sleeves are featured, but it has not been updated in years to include all the recent reissues, the Fixx/Berlin/Motels live disc, 1011 DVD-A, etc.
    "I will conquer
    Space around me"

How do I get to the Message Board?
    Where is it?
    I thought this was it!

Hmmm.The Optimist...I see you like playing the devil's advocate....Hopefully, I'll make myself clear now....I was talking about a message board on the OFFICIAL website...Most official websites SEEM to always have a message board...That's all..And please..don't tell me you find the offical Fixx website to be without any faults...PLEASE...That won't work with me

no... I mean, I'm new here, too... I don't know if there's another message board or what...
    There's a few band sites I check every so often, just to see what's going on.
    By the way, there's a message from the bass player, did you all see?
    Anyway, some band sites get so intricate and involved and fancy (and that usually means time-comsuming) and I guess it's cool and all, but I really just want my info fast. I don't care how flashy it is, but it should reflect the band and look nice.
    And if I've discovered a band new to me, regardless how long they've been around, I do like getting the complete history. So I agree with you 100%.
    But what difference would it make if this message board was "on their site" rather than "linked to it?" I mean it actually IS on their site.
    I hope they post set lists and photos from gigs. From fans, too. Isn't that what the Tour Page is supposed to do? I guess...
    ...and you're one tough cookie!

Ok The Optimist I see now that you are not as sarcastic as I thought you were You're right...It doesn't *really* matter if the message board is simply a click away from the official website...but still...I think the band deserves a better website...

But it's nice to have finally found a board devoted to the band...At least, I'll have the chance to read news I wouldn't have heard of otherwise...

Just a thought... message boards usually take up LOTS of webspace, so a lot of sites have them on separate servers.

OK. My two cents:

I was surprised a couple times when Cy Curnin started some threads that soon dropped into obscurity. During the tension between India and Pakistan he expressed his concern over the situation. I thought there would be a longer discussion after that.

Another time Cy mentioned Joseph Campbell, a highly controversial religious writer. This guy makes the hairs on the back of fundamentalists stand up. It would have been interesting to see more discussion about him.

What baffles me is that The Fixx's music is out there on the edge about the future of humanity and what really matters.
    I'm surprised there isn't more thoughful and impassioned discussion on the message board.

well .... do tell .....
    I called Times 0ut !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast