Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To Right NOW?

What Are You Listening To Right NOW?

Music is as much a part of my morning ritual as coffee and feeding the kitties

This morning its Lenny Kravitz and Super Soul Fighter just kicked in, this tune has got funk to spare!

The cover shot of Lenny on 5 only shows a slice of his face, but you can easily see his mothers face in his, (actress Roxie Roker -- Helen Willis on The Jeffersons) Ive wondered a few times if he choose that shot because of that fact, Lenny was very close to his mom

Like the last 5 days, I have only been listening to 'V' Spock's Beard. I can't believe that it has taken me so long to hear them. Now, I'm looking forward to their UK date, in October

Green Vinyl Dream in the car. An unbelievably talented unsigned band.

And Coldplay in the computer. I'm ripping all the B-Sides to make me a third Coldplay album. Some really good stuff that they consider B-Sides.

And on the home theater system - Evanescence. These guys/gal freaking rock! This album is particularly impressive with the subwoofer in the loop.

I've been in retro mode lately, listening to a lot of Crowded House.

what are you listening to now

This exact second my computer has randomly chosen "the kick inside of me" by simple minds but it could be anything next ,hang on Ill tell you "story of the blues" the mighty wah!

regards

Dave

Dave Snakey

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Been out working various poster sites in South Wales and been listening to IT, one of the bands on the line up at Swansea, {the other being Karnataka}, cracking stuff, can only describe as cross between Pink Floyd and the Alan Parsons Project, don't like to compare bands with other bands for the sake of finding a pidgeon hole, as their music is unique to them, but these guys are superb. Think we'll hear more from them soon.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

I have been bouncing from Audio Bullys to Dishwalla to the Streets.

Phantoms and all the Queensryche I can handle (they are both on my hard drive and I spend a LOT of time in this room!). . . going to be putting 1011 on here as well. . .
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Right now I have 3 discs playing in random order on my CD player. I have No Use For A Name's "Leche Con Carne" in Disc One, the import disc "Wetton And Downes" the two main writers from the group Asia in Disc Two & The Fixx's "Ink" in Disc Three. Interesting mix....a little punk....a little mainstream rock/pop. This will help me get the going right....lol.

Good Morning Fixxland! my wife just set a fresh cup of joe down for me, yummmmm

Ive also been listening to the 84 BBC Rock Hour version of "Some People" as well, (its no wonder people compare Jamie to Hendrix, Im going off on an aside so stick with me folks..... Did you know that Joe Satriani once named Jamie as his favorite under-rated guitar player, now thats a major endorsment!, he also used examples of Jamies style of playing in at least one article he did for a now defunct mag called "Guitar For The Practicing Musician" back in the 80's)

I wonder if the boys ever get tired of the Jamie, Jamie, Jamie....?

Naaa.... I think they as musicians would understand that theres just alot of us guitar fans out here, thats all

plus Jamie just has........ well...... that sound, ya know

Hey, did ya ever wake up on a day when your head felt like it was gonna pop with different things, just you, good coffee, and some great music done loudly, the neighbor is not even outta the driveway yet and its loud kinda loud?

thats how i wake up just about every day, some days the baker is in as well , double yummmm

so......... what the hell was i rambling about?, oh ya..... the solo in "Some People"........ let me finish wit' dis....

Ya know with electronics and all Im still not 100% on exactly who or whom plays/ed that original solo on Shuttered Room, I'm about 70% sure Rupert, but with a band like the Fixx you cant always be sure of what, or whom, youre listening to....

and if any of the boys were here he'd probably be going............

Ahhh...... still perfect I see!
    Last edited by Octopulse; 07-29-2003 at 02:14 AM.

Talking

"I don't play chess. . . but I could play with you. . ."

Yes, Jamie is a vastly underrated player. . . He has his own style like Chris DeGarmo and Michael Wilton of Queensryche. . . perhaps that is why I listen to them and the Fixx back to back all the time. . .

"always opinions. . ."
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

listennnnning

It's been difficult to move on from the White Stripes "Elephant" record in our house. If it's not that it's Mercury Rev's "Deserters Songs" or Miles Davis's "In a Silent Way", which still has to be the best organic brain food. I put it on and go Mmmmmmmm.

I'm ah true BLUE Zydeco grrl
    I called Times 0ut !

Precious

Wow, Rycher here too! A great bunch of guys onstage and off and extremely talented! I was always drawn by Geoff Tate's incredible vocal range as well as the great guitar work by Wilton and DeGarmo. I found The Fixx about a year before Ryche ("Take Hold" from Warning), surprising since I was such a Metal-head growing up. It's so strange you mentioned them! Did you know DeGarmo has now returned to the band? I'm psyched to see them live again because DeGarmo was such a sweet guy at the Meet n' Greets (always a smile, never an "off" mood).

Yep! And I couldn't be a happier woman!!!!!!!!! What's your fave by them????????????? I got their tri-ryche tattoed on my upper right arm for my 23rd b-day and got it re-inked last summer.

I'm going to pick up Tribe ASAFP! I hear that it is phenomenal. . . I have yet to see them and The Fixx in concert. . . it's kinda funny we both live in IL_ Kankakee is about 60-70 miles south of you!

Take Hold!

I got everything by them except a few imports and the newest release- I even got the Mindcrime sweatshirt I bought back in '93 put away!

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast