Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To Right NOW?

Preciousstone :)

Ryche is terrific live, very tight band. I think the best shows were at the House of Blues (March, 2000) since it was much more of an intimate setting. I got some great shots there. I've been seeing them live since 1991 and two buddies of mine (I met at a pre-show MnG. who kept sneaking backstage in 1997/8 and ended up working for them) and I always seem to run into each other at the Pre and Post show MnGs. It's funny because they'll be talking about me and I'll pick up on it and we run into each other. The band members are very accessible and a great bunch of guys, DeGarmo ofcourse being my favorite.

I haven't been by their website lately (last saw them open for Iron Maiden, an incredible group of shows), but if they happen to be playing near you, look for a tall guy with long, straight blonde hair at their "recruiting" booth for the fan club. His name is Brandon C. (he and Matt S. were the ones I mentioned above) and is a sweet guy from Indiana, he'll introduce you to the band, although he will probably try to recruit you into the fanclub first

Shoot me an email, I can send you a pic of he and I. He was mentioned in the liner notes on Tate's solo album.

As for The Fixx, I haven't seen them live yet, but look forward to it. It's nice to see another band that's as accessible. Most bands no longer hold the Meet n' Greets these days, thus the case with Maiden, security was very tight and Brandon couldn't even get me back there because Maiden had a stronghold on security.

I just love those guys. . . and Geoff's solo effort blew me out of the water! I was on his site reading what he was listenin to at the time he put it together and just trippin, because he had listed D'angelo's Brown Sugar as one of his earcandies. I want to meet them- I would be so flattered if any of them even blinked at my poetry! Their work has been sort of my soundtrack from my teenage years to present- and that's puttin it lightly!

Yep, I will drop you a line ASAFP!!!!!!!!!!

Kelwness! I was in the fanclub back before EMI dissolved, and I have no idea what happened with my membership, so I suppose I have to reinvest in one! I still have their black and white pic they sent to all the members, and I should have my membership certificate somewhere!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

NP:"Hypnotized" Bob Welch/Fleetwood Mac

~~~Love the classic oldies

Eighties, Eighties, and more Eighties!

I got to diggin through my crates yesterday and came across this tape I put together some years back that has some stuff I haven't heard in a while on it- Lovesong by the Cure, Save a Prayer by Duran Duran, Come Dancing by the Kinks, Who Can It Be Now by Men at Work. . . I think it has Corey Hart's Sunglasses at Night on here as well as The Sign of Fire and One Thing Leads to Another by some guys (LMAO) whose name I forget. . . I forgot how much great stuff I got packed up because I am so tired of the reciprocated rehashed redone music they play now. Last week I had the opportunity to catch Sting's I Burn For You from Bring On The Night which is an awesome documentary. . . you have to watch it just to hear Branford Marsalis sing Night and Day at the dinner table as well as Sting doing the theme from the Flintstones. . .

Love the Fleetwood Mac-age as well. . . a few I dig by them are Gypsy, Rhiannon, Thunder, (okay, I have a thing for Stevie Nicks' voice- it's kewl her name is Stephanie too and she has a heavy scratchy voice like I do) and Silver Spring.
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Talking

Been listerning to Roxy Music - Manifesto. Had a bass player you might have heard of. By the way this album was released in 1979. thats 24 years ago still one of my favourites. am i showing my age?

ettenaj

Originally posted by ettenaj
    Been listerning to Roxy Music - Manifesto. Had a bass player you might have heard of. By the way this album was released in 1979. thats 24 years ago still one of my favourites. am i showing my age?

ettenaj
    And just who might that bass player be, hhhmmmmmm?

Oh yeh, Love is the Drug is a kick *** song btw!

Acheron Parthenopaeus

well since i'm listerning to back catuloge looked up somethingelse on vinyl can't listen to it here (no vinyl player). have to go round to mum and dads.

VIBRATORS V2

same Bass player and that makes it 25 years and either my mother is mellowing or she lied to me 25 years ago cause she seems to like it.

I think i need to go shopping.

something else that got nothing to do with music is that said bass player and i share the same birthday date.

Ettenaj

found a cassette at a garage sale this weekend, Trans-Europe Express by Kraftwerk, its cool listening to stuff that I played to death almost 30 years ago, deja vu to the max, if close my eyes I can almost see that turntable spinnin' in my old bedroom

Found some great 80s stuff flea marketing Saturday...

I got The Jim Carroll Band "Catholic Boy", 10cc "Bloody Tourists", Lords of the New Church "Killer Lords" & The Cult's first album. It's great to hear this stuff again.

Geoff

Jim Carroll! Is that the one with..

"These are people who have died"(I don't recall the actual title of that song)? Man, your post brings back memories! LOL

A few years back, I found some old Billy Thorpe re-released on CD and bought it..Geez, the stuff I listened to as a teen!

I'm still busy replacing all my old vinyl (dusting in the basement) with CDs. Just got Calm Animals in the mail, still working on some others

NP: "Driven Out"

yeah OneThang That's "People Who Died" remember...."Teddy sniffing glue; He was 12 years old; Fell from a roof on east 2-9" and on and on. Jim Carroll was quite an interesting character.

Geoff

Preciousstone-

At least you can find your cassettes I actually went to stores and bought those CDs "Hits of 80's" by years ('Greatest hits of 1980', etc) to get the stuff I couldn't find in my mess of cassettes.

When my turntable died in 1995 (after replacing a few needles the motor died). I could not find a turntable in stores anywhere and did not want to pay Sharper Image $200 for theirs. I gave in and started replacing everything with CD versions.

On a funnier note: My infant son (now a teenager) thought CDs were tasty and began chomping my Ryche collection. I can't tell you how many copies of Operation Mindcrime I had to replace. Thankfully, he outgrew that within a year. But with teens, they move onto larger items to destroy when they aren't inhaling the contents of the fridge

Geoff

Yikes, I can picture Jim Carroll singing that right now..lol. I loved that song-but hey, I think we were all wild ones back then

My son was born in October 1990, two months after Empire's release. I can't count how many times I played "silent lucidity" to put him to sleep! I buy those compilation cds too- I think I got the same Squire you are talking about. Man, Squire was the shizznit! My kid actually listens to all of my stuff- I've caught him walking around the house singing "antmusic" and "walking on the moon" as well as a lot of my Fixx and Queensryche stuff. . . he has been thoroughly corrupted!

Anyone remember this "don't turn around- uhoh!"

LOL

Acheron Parthenopaeus

"don't turn around, uh-oh"

I have that 45! Somewhere...

Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast