Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To Right NOW?

Yeh, I got Falco doing it in German on video too!

". . . she says babe you know I missed ya, Joe, and all my funky friends. . ."

how about this one- ". . .I want foes to get to know me to become admirers or my enemies. . ."

or- ". . .and so the conversation turned, until the sun went down. . . and many fantasies were learned on that day. . ."
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Geoff of the hush hushness ..... yah should get Zappa's..... "catholic girls " an that .. ... ah tah go please !
    I called Times 0ut !

Awww the sons now grown :)

November, 1988 here. U2 'Unforgettable Fire' his dreamtime tunes. Anything else bothered him.

He learned to stand watching Video:Mindcrime mimicking Tate's stomping on that stage & off. Yikes, no wonder he's so screwed up Thank god almost all honor classes for high school or I'd know all that metal music had disturbed his brain.

He's developed an interesting variety of musical tastes. Hits I loved from Stevie Wonder to the Beatles, but now Weird Al (cringe) has taken over. I took him to see Clapton for his first concert. All he did was inhale nachos but he did want a t-shirt and program.

Marillion....

"Misspent Childhood" is on now....love that whole LP.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Originally posted by pipsqueak
    Geoff of the hush hushness ..... yah should get Zappa's..... "catholic girls " an that .. ... ah tah go please !
    Have it pipsqueak.....love the whole "Joe's Garage" set.
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

unforgettable fire

one thang dj .

Did you ever here the live version of unforgettable fire on the mini lp U2 did? classic example of bettering a studio recording with a reworking of the song live.Just been listening to simple minds new gold dream album ,another cracking example of what I mean is "hunter and the Hunted" from this album.

C U all soon
    regads
    Dave

Dave Snakey

Spin It:

What was the name of it? I have two live vinyl U2 lps, one being a bootleg of a Chicago show. The other has about 4 songs on it that was released "legally". Can't recall the name of it but I know it has extended versions and is fantastic.

Back on track: Anyone know if the Fixx videos have been released on DVD? I've been out of the loop with bands so long (But just rec'd Woodland 1011 and King Biscuit live on CD today), I don't know what's out there. I was too busy hopping around to have watched much MTV in the 80's, so I'm totally clueless.

hey OneThangDJ + spin it,

sorry for butting in here but it sounds like you are referring to U2's "Wide Awake In America" EP maybe?

"Bad" is much better IMO Live on that record than the version on "The Unforgettable Fire", when the local stations play "Bad" its almost always the WAIA version

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Octopulse
    [B]hey OneThangDJ + spin it,

sorry for butting in here but it sounds like you are referring to U2's "Wide Awake In America" EP maybe?

That was/is a great live album. Was only available over here for a limited time had to buy it on import.

It's strange but even after all this i still find hard to listern to unforgettable fire. I don't think its the music i think it just reminds me of a really bad time in my life.

Anyway listerning to The Joshua Tree which is just such a classic.

ettenaj

OctoPulse-Yep!

'Wide Awake' was a great release!

NP: 1011 Woodland (only gotten past "Woman on a Train" so far but all I can say is WOW WOW WOW

Re: OctoPulse-Yep!

Originally posted by OneThangDJ
    'Wide Awake' was a great release!

NP: 1011 Woodland (only gotten past "Woman on a Train" so far but all I can say is WOW WOW WOW

Wait til you hear "Cameras in Paris" and "Still Around". . .

my head is still spinning!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Re: Awww the sons now grown :)

Originally posted by OneThangDJ
    November, 1988 here. U2 'Unforgettable Fire' his dreamtime tunes. Anything else bothered him.

He learned to stand watching Video:Mindcrime mimicking Tate's stomping on that stage & off. Yikes, no wonder he's so screwed up Thank god almost all honor classes for high school or I'd know all that metal music had disturbed his brain.

He's developed an interesting variety of musical tastes. Hits I loved from Stevie Wonder to the Beatles, but now Weird Al (cringe) has taken over. I took him to see Clapton for his first concert. All he did was inhale nachos but he did want a t-shirt and program.
    I always wondered what the name of that song was whenever they aired the video. . . TUF is a great song, and I was trippin because they aired it on VH1 Classic last week and I was pulling my hair out tryin to remember what the name of it was. Yes, I forgot to mention U2 ( probably because I was distracted by Bono's hunkiness- I think I will always love that man). But almost everything they put out from 95 backwards I have a special place in the memory for. . . but "hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me" is a song that me and the deliberate stranger who shall remain nameless shared in the summer of 1995 along with the Lep's Hysteria. . . oh, the things we do for love. . .

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Originally posted by preciousstone75
    And just who might that bass player be, hhhmmmmmm?

Oh yeh, Love is the Drug is a kick *** song btw!
    Listerening that roxy album again tonight. have Love is the Drug being performed at Manchester on video. Saw them live that same year. I was just 15 then. i've meet Phil Manzanera he used to shop in a shop i worked in. He was really nice and i was very star struck.

ettenaj

[QUOTE]Originally posted by preciousstone75
    [B]And just who might that bass player be, hhhmmmmmm?

This wouldn't be that same bass player?

ettenaj

Rite now listening to the remastered album:

B L A C K S E A by X T C

Hmm, I always liked their adventurous stuff!

Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast