Page 4 of 141 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To Right NOW?

I got to listening to Jar of Flies by Alice in Chains today. . . I hadn't played them at all since Layne Staley passed last year, so it was great to hear him. But one of my favorites from that one is "Rotten Apple", the first track. It shows some depressed guys from Seattle really can sing, but I've always liked the harmony they sneaked into their music.

Another to check out by them that I highly recommend is "Dirt"; my sole purpose for buying that one was for "Would?", but I was pleasantly surprised by "Down in a Hole", "Rooster", "Angry Chair", and "Junkhead" as well as the infamous tune that sparked a band, "Godsmack".

Be sure to catch "A Little Bitter" from the Last Action Hero soundtrack (I may be one of the few people on Earth who admit to liking that film. . . oh well, one man's trash is another man's treasure!). . .
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Originally posted by preciousstone75
    I got to listening to Jar of Flies by Alice in Chains today. . . I hadn't played them at all since Layne Staley passed last year, so it was great to hear him. But one of my favorites from that one is "Rotten Apple", the first track. It shows some depressed guys from Seattle really can sing, but I've always liked the harmony they sneaked into their music.

Another to check out by them that I highly recommend is "Dirt"; my sole purpose for buying that one was for "Would?", but I was pleasantly surprised by "Down in a Hole", "Rooster", "Angry Chair", and "Junkhead" as well as the infamous tune that sparked a band, "Godsmack".

Be sure to catch "A Little Bitter" from the Last Action Hero soundtrack (I may be one of the few people on Earth who admit to liking that film. . . oh well, one man's trash is another man's treasure!). . .
    I love AIC.....but you forgot to mention my favorite "Sap". Love the vocals between AIC and Heart on "Brother".
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Originally posted by SilentGeoff
    I love AIC.....but you forgot to mention my favorite "Sap". Love the vocals between AIC and Heart on "Brother".

Dude, I got that one too. . . I'm extremely partial to "Got Me Wrong" from that one. . . but I will give "Brother" another listen!
    I got all but their boxed set that came out I think in '97 or '99. . . love those guys!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

XTC--very fun music!

I'm the Mayor of Simpleton

Originally posted by preciousstone75
    Dude, I got that one too. . . I'm extremely partial to "Got Me Wrong" from that one. . . but I will give "Brother" another listen!
    I got all but their boxed set that came out I think in '97 or '99. . . love those guys!
    Precious,
    I agree Got Me Wrong is a great song I just like the mix of Heart and AIC on Brother it has a really cool sound to it. You gotta get the boxed set. It just flat out rocks. The only flaw in it is they didn't include the studio version of "Queen Of The Rodeo" it's another live version. But it is still a must have set. And it includes a CD-ROM disc that has a game and a bunch of other stuff.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Listening to Dido's "life for rent". Not like anything I'd bought before. It grows on you.

Right now would have to be 311 because they are just an awesome band and deserve alot of credit for what they have done and they should earn alot of of #1 spots..

Clive

Uhhhhh...dare I say?

::::geared to dodge bullets::::

Peter Cetera & Sade

The DJ in me got tame

Chumbawumba's album "Readymades". It's such an eclectic mixture of folk melodies and socio-political stories and techno production that I keep returning to it out of disbelief. Anyone else heard this record?

I'm with Clive.
    The new 311 is just to die for. I don't know about earning any #1 spots, but it rocks big. Can't take it out of the player. 311's in the car ONLY because I brought my Want That Life inside to hear on the 'puter. My other WTL is at work where my coworkers have received it quite well.

Been listening to A.C.T, a grand Swedish rock group, who supported Saga on their 2003 European tour. Saw themin Rotherham (UK) last week, and they rocked a big one! A cross between Queen and Saga, which is ok by me!!
    Also listening to 'Feel Euphoria' by Spock's Beard. Seeing them in London on 22nd October, and really up for it!!

Re: Uhhhhh...dare I say?

Originally posted by OneThangDJ
    ::::geared to dodge bullets::::

Peter Cetera & Sade

The DJ in me got tame
    Oh, me and Sade go back like a Cadillac with four flats! I have adored her forever, and she has the most amazing voice. . . I love her and Anita Baker, because they are alto/tenors like myself. . . and Cher as well! I know, I know. . . but you can't resist them!

my fave Sade tunes are "Sweetest Taboo", "Nothing Can Come Between Us", "No Ordinary Love" and "Jezebel". . . I can listen to her all day long! See, there is a softer side to the precious one!

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Thanks for saving me there Precious stone :)

and "Never as good as the first time"

I am getting more and more mellow as the years go by, even though I was a metal head

another devoted Sade fan

I especially like:

Bullet Proof Soul
    King of Sorrow
    Somebody already broke my heart
    Never thought I'd see the day
    Clean Heart
    You're not the man
    Is it a crime
    Hang on to your love
    I will be your friend
    and my all-time favorite

Never as good as the first time (male backing vocal version)

Yeah, it is somewhat chickish, but she's smooth and sweet and the band is pretty darn good.

Page 4 of 141 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast