Thread: London Gig!!!!

London Gig!!!!

Hooray!!! Only 4 days until the Fixx live in London, day off work, beers on the train, down SoHo way for a night of igloo-omlette music from the lads!!!! Marvellous!! Can't wait!!!

A few questions to those in the know:

1/ Is there a support band? If so, who?
    2/ What time will the Fixx be onstage? The ticket has a 7pm start time but surely the boys won't be on til 9ish?
    3/ Will there be any changes to the Swansea set list? Would be great to hear 'I Live' or 'Running' or 'Facing the Wind'... So many great songs, so little time!!

That's it, hoping there's a good turnout, lots of noise for the chaps!! Welcome home!!

zippy539

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

Re: London Gig!!!!

Originally posted by zippy539

A few questions to those in the know:

1/ Is there a support band? If so, who?
    2/ What time will the Fixx be onstage? The ticket has a 7pm start time but surely the boys won't be on til 9ish?
    3/ Will there be any changes to the Swansea set list? Would be great to hear 'I Live' or 'Running' or 'Facing the Wind'... So many great songs, so little time!!

That's it, hoping there's a good turnout, lots of noise for the chaps!! Welcome home!!

zippy539
    1/ support at the Borderline will be IT
    2/ Correct - onstage around 9
    3/ Hope so, would be great to have 2 different views and Cameras in Paris / Woman on a train / Wish

sure there'll be lottsa noise, was plenty last night.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

or happy landings, that would be great to have for borderline!!

irv

Thanks Stuart for the info, what merchandise did they have on sale in Swansea, T shirts any good??

zippy539

There wasn't much merchandise, just a t-shirt with a front print only, and a dvd/cd-rom, featuring the Touch video, a montage with 'No Hollywood Ending' playing, and some audio tracks with the previously seen photos, as a slideshow.

The support band, IT, were great, and I bought their cd, 'Over and Out', at the show, as a result. Very atmospheric, and great performed live. Does anyone know, do they have a website anywhere?

I reckon the set might change, as a couple of the new numbers, still need working on, as one of their endings was a bit sloppy. At least, that's what Cy thought!!

Anyways, I'll be wearing my favoured blue 'Cold Chisel' t-shirt on Thursday, so come over and say 'hello'!!

Cool Nick from IT...

Hi guys,
    It's Nick here from the band 'IT'. I'm so happy that everyone enjoyed our shows and the album. Working with the Fixx was an unbelievable experience and an opportunity of a lifetime! Thank you Rupert, Cy, Adam, Jamie and Gary! Hope to do it again in the near future. Europe and the rest of the UK sometime? Haha.. IT's website is www.spacehouse.tv It is our second site and is still undergoing completion. News and live dates are all on there. The Multi media downloads page will be running soon and will include free MP3's and M-pegs. If anyone has any photo's they can email us, we'd appreciate it very much as we need some for our website. You can send those to nick@spacehouse.tv
    Many thanks again and hope to see you soon,
    Best wishes,
    Nick.

Hi Nick,

I'm glad you had such a great time with The Fixx, it is certainly good to see 'young bucks' and 'old farts' out on the road together!!

I'm listening to 'Stay Tuned' as I type, I 'm pleased that some bands are bucking the trend, and creating something new and exciting!

Say hello to the guys for me, and thanks for dropping by.. 'don't be a stranger'

Nick thanks for the email address unfortunately i can't get on to your website because my computer doesn't have flash at the moment. i have two pics from swansea for you and three from the Borderline will send soon. It was great to meet and talk to you all after the show. Hope to see you again soon

ettenaj.

ps didn't get to bed till about 4 am spent an a while emailing thefixxdotcom with the photos for the tour page.