Thread: Borderline

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

Borderline

Just got back from London, photos will be posted later at www.thefixx.com
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Is that it ???????? .Ive been waiting here since 6pm and your gonna have your tea before posting the pictures.I tell you what your standards are slipping .Seriously though I know from your text message the set list was the same as Swansea but What did the boys have to say ? Cant believe you got to meet them you jammy lot!!!!!!!. Still you missed a cracking episode of Eastenders.
    hope Janette and Mark got back ok .

regards

Dave

Dave Snakey

Thanks Dave, we got back ok!

I hate to harp on, but the London show was really something!!

My favourite bit; after one of the newies, Cy commented that playing new songs, stopped them from becoming old farts, as he glanced at Jamie. Jamie showed (hopefully) mock hurt, and replied 'don't look at me when you say that'!!

Got to meet all the guys (except Jamie), as well as Chris Tait, who played bass on the past two albums.
    Rupert said that they tried to record the Swansea show, but the tape broke. However, they tried again at the London show, for future release at other shows. He was really enthusiastic about getting the band out on the road for a proper tour, which is no less than they deserve.
    We also got to speak with James from IT, who's pops in here occasionally. Their show was much tighter, and it must have helped, being in a smaller venue, with the audience 'in your face'.

BTW, did you see Friday's Eastenders??? LOL

Hi Dave yes got back fine Mark gave me a lift back glad to see he found his way after dropping me off. The guys are right you did miss a hell of a show still Swansea was almost as good. Talk to the boys from IT too they are a great bunch too. Hopefully they will go far. Spoke to Gary discussing the fact we actually share the same birthday date said he prefers to spend that day in LA as its too cold here. Think he's going soft.

love ettenaj

Hello to everyone on the board... I've been a Fixx fan since I saw them on TV prior to the release of "Shuttered Room" - but never saw them live till now!

Got fed up with the Patti Pavilion's answering machine, and the fax machine on the ticket enquiry number, so went to the Borderline gig instead. And I'm glad I did 'cos it was better than Swansea from all accounts! Great atmosphere in a small venue; almost like having the lads play in your own living room. And the band were bloody brilliant. Enjoyed the support IT too! I wish I'd taken a camcorder, but the Borderline supposedly didn't allow it... didn't stop anybody though, as far as I could see!

I hope they do another UK appearance at the end of the tour, now that they've seen what support they still have here!

Cy: "You can tell we're back in England by the state of everyone's teeth"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    you're right on both counts, bloody answerphone on the Patti information line is damned annoying, but it does tell you the direct number to phone for your tickets, also, I had tickets available here as well as being able to arrange accomodation.
    Borderline WAS a better gig, {and I live near the Patti}no doubt, as the Patti is so much bigger and made the limited crowd of about 450 seem out of place, Borderline though, hot, sweaty, and superb, I didn't see any video cameras though, besides, the band don't allow it either, sure they would have had people stop any illegal video, if anyone did record it, like to get my hands on a copy of course..........
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection