10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 80.00%
  • No

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get together's

Get together's

Well i was jus wondeing like evry year all the poeple who post on here could like set 1 show or like place to meet at so like we can meet new people and know who we are all talking to and most of all just to know who our fellow fans are... If u like or not just g ahead and vote and we will see what we can do.....

the alarm (mike peters) does this every year in Wales- in June.

devils advocate here...

Great idea, but if they did this- and everyone had to pick ONE show to attend... how many people who can only set aside their one vacation time and attended the one big show... and
    how many then would have to miss the rest of the tour?

lower attendance at your home town's gigs and then they would not have them back if it didnt sell that well and then that would screw all of us for future gigs... (boy i'm in math mode right now sorry!)

one show = $ (pays for the plane ride here)

many shows = $$$ (pays the bills!)

Such an interesting topic....! i like it!

But i like the idea, and i would still do several shows i'm sure... cause i dont have kids yet! LOL!

Summer works best for me!
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Yes it just might take some time to figure it all out.... Im not sure what we can do but im sure we can put something together...

Clive

Or what we coiuld do is have just people from each state get together and those of the people who would like to meet pepole from other states can do so... Any ideas???

Clive

Realistically, I could meet Fixxtures at an AZ, So-Cal, or Vegas gathering. Might I suggest a pre-show meal at In-N-Out?

LOL YYUUUMMMMMM

Clive

"..and I will have a 4 x 4, Animal Style, with a Neopolitan shake."

Go ahead, test my secret menu skills!

I *usually* make a Cali roadie to catch The Fixx (AZ shows or not), so I would be down with a GT.

Actually, if the show's in L.A., I would have to stop at Pink's in Hollywood for a few hot dogs. That's right, A FEW!

Geez, must be dinnertime.

Yea, once we get a big group of people we can probably put this together ...

Clive

Well I think I may have met most of the northeast folks and it truly has been great. I've seen pictures from other shows around the counrty where other fixxtures are doing the same thing. Getting all groups together would be great.

How about we get the guys to play at the Magic Kingdom in Orlando. I mean you'd have a great loacation, you can still take the family vacation. should have good weather and we all know where it is

Just my 2 cents worth.

Phil

Diamond 5, I live near Mike and those "Gatherings"as he calls them are cool.Excellent Idea in fact Wales would make a terrific venue for a Fixx get together,how about it lads and lasses?

regards

Dave

Dave Snakey

Not that im stupid but where is Wales???? if i knew i could give you a more direct answer....

clive

Did you find it?
    It's over there in England.

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

Unhappy Where is Wales???

It's the part of the UK, just to the west of England, before you get to Ireland,

birthplace of Tom Jones, Richard Burton, Anthony Hopkins, John Cale, (Velvet Underground), Bonnie Tyler, The Manic Street Preachers, The Stereophonics, and more importantly, a large proportion of the signatories of The American Declaration of Independence!
    The largest ethnic group of signatories (16 in all) on the original draft of the American Declaration of Independence were Welsh! Thomas Jeffersons' family who came from Snowdonia spoke Welsh too!
    So I have to bring this to your attention but Wales plays a major part in American history, any more questions? Where's Wales again?

One more thing:
    Many people now believe the great (greatest?) rock & roll singer to swell his lungs on the planet Earth, the one and only Elvis Presley, may be of Welsh descent. The surname Presley actually comes from the world Preseli - a chain of mountains in mid-Wales! (the mountain range from whence the famous Bluestones at Stonehenge were hewn). And to make the story more believable there is an ancient Celtic church in the area called St Elvis's Church!

Okay, back to lurking, good idea though folks, time to organise a nationwide UK meet somewhere, maybe even try and book a band, anyone know of any good 5 piece outfits?
    Last edited by STUART; 02-04-2004 at 05:49 PM.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

Ohh Jeez im all the way in California of The U.S. :P.... Doesnt look that will work out to good hehe...

Clive
    Last edited by Clive3; 02-06-2004 at 09:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast