0 0%
  • Mets

3 13.04%
  • Phillies

3 13.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball National League

Major League Baseball

Well as some of you may or may not know the MLB is going to be starting up in preseason pretty soon and i just wanted to get an idea of what kind of teams us Fixxtures lik e....

If in fact your team is not on there, sorry there wasnt enough room, just post it . and i will tally it all up[ for you guys....

Clive
    Last edited by Clive3; 03-05-2004 at 02:32 PM.

The Pollster stikes again!

It's good to see at least two other baseball fans on the list. I love baseball and would be happy to carry this thread all through the season.

Go Giants!

Oh, Clive, I've edited your Poll to be National League only. Now make another one with the American League teams. That way, you can fit them all on the lists. Besides, some of us avid baseball fans have a favorite it both leagues.

Go A's! Go Red Sox!
    Oh, that'll be a tough one. I can only vote for one.

This is the year someone will break their curse- either the Cubs or Red Sox. Here in Wisconsin we hold out no hope for the Brewers. They traded their best player, Richie Sexson, to Arizona over the winter. Boo hoo!

I'm also a Giants/Barry Bonds fan ever since Barry's days in Pittsburgh. I don't know how this year will go, but I'm kinda tired of few teams signing all the key free agents and getting all the great trades. I hope the Orioles and Red Sox give the Yanks a run for their money.

I have been a REally nig fan of the Giants/Barry Bonds ever since i was a kid, i jsut want them to go all teh way this year

Clive

Originally posted by jim
    ...Here in Wisconsin we hold out no hope for the Brewers. They traded their best player, Richie Sexson, to Arizona over the winter. ..
    The Brew crew just doesn't seem to be winning oriented. I used to root for them when I lived in Stockton, CA as we had a Brewers single A team in town. The Stockton Ports were pretty good over the decade I lived there and they actually went all the way one (maybe even 2) years.

Don't lose all hope though. After the A's got rid of McGuire and Giambi they kept reaching the post season. They've been in the Post season the last three years and without a huge name player on the team. Miguel Tejada was probably the biggest name on the team and we lost him this off-season.

Longtime Phillie Phan here...

In fact I was at the Vet for the clinching game of the NLCS in 1993 when the Phillies beat Maddux and the Braves....great game....but still I miss Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams walking the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th inning then striking out the side to end it [if you're a Phillie Phan you know of what I speak].
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Go D-Backs! Too bad they're off to such a crappy start! It was nice to acquire Sexson. Hopefully he can make a difference this year.

I had the privelege to see Games 1 and 7 of the World Series in 2001, and that's a sports memory I'll cherish forever. What a series that was. It's so surreal when you're in the crowd, and "We Are The Champions" is being played. Never thought I'd see the day!

Too bad the Suns and Coyotes can't find a way to bring home the big prize.

Sucks being a die-hard fan sometimes!

Go Cubies!

Wow, my last post about the D-Backs was back in April, and now, Sexson - out for the season, and the D-Backs - the WORST team in baseball. It's been one of the crappiest sports years in Phoenix for quite some time.

Well it looks like St. Louis has it wrapped.

Atlanta is also a sure thing.

Los Angeles and SF will battle to the very end as will the Cubs and Marlins for the wild card spot.

St Louis has the best record in all of baseball this year. But, remember when the Mariners won 120 games in one season? They still lost in the playoffs. Let's see what St. Louis can do this year.

As much as I would like the Giants to go all they way, I don't think they can get past the Cards.

Major League Baseball National League

Of course Cubs fan, Bud man.

Go Giiii-ants! Go Giii-ants!

Good Girl.... Gives flower....

LOL

Ok so I didn't see this poll. Shoot me why don't you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast