Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: (Lyrics) Name That Tune

Thanks Pip!

Hello Pip,

Very nice. You made me proud.

Fixxation

Smile Here is one I that will stump you all

Hello All,

This one is really not fair but I would like to share their message with all of you. It is a Canadian group that did fairly well in Canada.

Here is the line. " A very good friend of mine told me something the other day. I'd like to pass along to you cause I believe what he said be true. We here for a good time not a long time, so have a good time the sun can't shine everyday."

Amen,

Fixxation

from Fixxation....
    Here is the line. " A very good friend of mine told me something the other day. I'd like to pass along to you cause I believe what he said be true. We here for a good time not a long time, so have a good time the sun can't shine everyday."
    Trooper - Were Here For A Good Time (Not a Long Time)
    Last edited by Octopulse; 05-19-2004 at 06:48 AM.

How about this tune.........................

< intoxicated MC walks up to mike >

testing 1 - 2 .... testing

good afternoon ladies and gentleman

were glad you made it here tonight

because you gonna miss out .. you can tell your friend tomorrow .. that they gone miss out on <beep> all damned good things we gonna give you tonight

ya .. right on

what we gonna give you tonight .. It'll be down to the nitty gritty .. ya .. you can tell all your friend .. way over in da .. hell hell I dont care you can tell em anything you wants .. you can tell them tonight .. that Santa Monica had been definitely set on fire .. and they missed out on a damned good thing .. the best thing that ever happened to Santa Monica is gonna be here tonight .. ya .. and you can also .. all you little ole purty purty little purty ones .. if he aint here tonight .. you can tell him forget it too .. ya know .. because Mr. whatever is here tonight . he gonna get down tonight brother .. he gonna get 'wit it .. hes gonna give you something that Santa Monica never had .. if it good to ya it gotta be good for ya .. right on ya .. and one thing I can tell ya brother .. he is here tonight .. Mr. magnificent one is here .. the beautiful ones here .. and you little ole purty ones are here too .. ya know whatever .. here they are the magnificent ones .. the only ones .. Mr. ???????? n' whatever ..............................
    Last edited by Octopulse; 05-19-2004 at 05:55 PM.

Smile Octo Are You Really That Good

Hey Octo,

I am impressed! Did you relly know Trooper or did you use Google? I have know idea on your post. It sounds like David Lee Roth.

Fixxation

from Fixxation....
    Did you relly know Trooper or did you use Google?
    I had the record with that song way way back, I used to know the guitar chords to that song as well, I saw the band open for B.T.O. back in the late 70's and bought the record after that show.

I used google .. but just to confirm the name
    Last edited by Octopulse; 05-19-2004 at 05:48 PM.

I'm Impressed!

Hey Octo,

That must have been a great concert. Good work!

Fixxation

from Fixxation....
    That must have been a great concert.
    It was. Two bands opened for BTO, Trooper and FM. I also saw FM again on tour with Rush a year or so later

Smile Hey Octo

Hey Octo,

Are you from Canada? Most people in the US have no idea who these gruops are. I love FM. I bought there greatest hits album. Have you heard of Ian Thomas? I absolutely love "Right Before Your Eyes." He is most well known for "Painted Ladies."

Fixxation

from Fixxation....
    Are you from Canada? Most people in the US have no idea who these gruops are.
    No, but were less than an hour from the border here, there was a place down the road here that used to have Canadian bands play all the time, I remember they would come 3 or 4 bands a show. I got into FM for a bit in 81, but they kinda dropped off my radar shortly thereafter, not really sure why because I did like them.

Smile Hey Octo

Hello Octo,

It was nice talking about some Canadian bands. It is nice to know that some Americans appreciate the Frozen Backs. Did you ever hear of Kim Mitchell and Max Webster, April Wine, Ian Thomas, Triumph, Prizm or Lighthouse? These were all good to great Canadian acts.

Fixxation

Smile As Cy would say here's an oldie but goodie

Hello All,

Sorry, Octo and I got away from the tread. Here is a new one. "What goes up must come down. What must rise must fall. And what goes on in your mind is writing on the wall."

Fixxation
    Last edited by Fixxation; 05-21-2004 at 12:06 AM.

Re: As Cy would say here's an oldie but goodie

Originally posted by Fixxation
    "What goes up must come down. What must rise must fall. And what goes on in your mind is writing on the wall."

Fixxation
    Is it "What Goes Up..." - Alan Parsons Project
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Smile Nice Work SilentGeoff

Hello SilentGeoff,

You are right! Since Steve thought of this thread, he should have had prizes. Steve is there a prize for SilentGeoff?

I have to say you guys/gals are good!

Fixxation
    ?

Thanks Fixxation....

Here's one of my faves from the late 80's....give this one a try:

"Last month there was a fire,
    I saw 7 children die,
    You sent flowers to their family,
    But your sympathy's a lie"

OK....who's got it.

Oh Yeah the last one of these I posted was Brian Setzer - "The Knife Feels Like Justice"..just incase anyone actually cared, lol.
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast