Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fixx Fan's Tribute Album - add your track!

Cool Fixx Tribute Covers, add your track!

Anyone remember the Fixx(ture) Tribute Cover Project? 1st deadline was April 1st, 2000. To invite more participants, the deadline was extended twice. Nevertheless, the tribute didn't happen. So where are those submitted/recorded tracks?

Former Fixx Tribute participants, add your track to this thread!

I know - it's not exactly the same as a tribute cd, but I'm pretty sure the boys will appreciate it.

My submission was/is Two Different Views, recorded March 2000. Follow this link for downloading:
    http://guido.unplugged.tiscaliweb.nl (Demo/MP3 button)

Hope you Fixx guys and Fixxtures do enjoy this one...

I love your freemuppett clip. I remember this project all those years ago. It is too bad it never got off the ground. Hopefully you can revive it. I would love a copy.
    Been a Fixxture for a long time.

Seeing as how I just got here and found this, I would love to do a cover track. It'll take me a little while to do it and lay down all the tracks, but I'd love to contribute. I've always wanted to do a Fixx cover song.
    Fixxated

With her senses sharpened by the warning cold
    She brings me to memory

Thumbs up Welcome aboard!

Former contributers *and FUTURE contributers* are

M O S T W E L C O M E !

Cool Fixx Tribute

Guido!

Will Jacobsen from Thinmen - here to post a link to our cover of Stand or Fall! Thinmen has completed their cd project to which this track is included! Our official release date is 11/9/2002 (American date reference).

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2478/2478482.html

Someone let me know if this link works!

Will Jacobsen
    Barefoot 1

Will:

Good to have you with us!

---

Norm:

Yeah Freemuppet... lotsa fun recording this dittie. Octo wrote the lyrics, remember?

Octo >>

Because I was born a Freemuppet
    Freemuppet's what I am
    I live and die here on Sesame Street
    And when I reach
    Try to stretch myself
    Pull Oscar outta that can
    Remember the Freemuppet
    He's a Freemuppet ya
    Huhh!

---

So you think you really know how to spell
    Well I got something better than show-and-tell
    F-I-X-X is a word you outta know well
    Learn it and you'll never wanna break the spell

Because I was born a Freemuppet.
    Freemuppet is what I am.
    I live and die here on Sesame Street.
    And when I reach
    Try to stretch myself
    Pull Oscar outta that garbage can
    Remember the Freemuppet
    He's a Freemuppet ya
    Huhh!

Cast of Characters....

Kermit - Vocals

Cookie Monster - Guitar (shaped like a cookie of course!)

Grover - Keyboards

Bert - Bass

Ernie - Kazoo

Oscar - Auto Harp

Animal - Drums

Yip Yip Alien Guys - Opening Band

Miss Piggy, Zoe, Lulu, and Gina - Slut Groupies

Big Bird, Snuffleupagus, and Papa Bear - Security

Snuffy and Frazzle - Refreshments and
    Hospitality

Rizzo the Rat, Sammy the Worm, Slimey and The Two Faced Monster - Record Company Executives

Mumsford the Magician - Band Manager

The Count - MCA's Soundscan Representative

Sillybum, Telly, Elmo, Baby Bear, and Baby
    Natasha - Audience Participation

Cy and the boys - Road Crew

<<

*IF* there will be a Tribute CD (depends on the number of contributions), these lyrics should definitely be included...

...agree Octo?

Thumbs up Thinmen

Is there actually going to be a tribute CD? Hasn't this been talked about for years or is that my imagination? I'd want it if it ever gets past the planning stages!

In a side note to Barefoot - I just received your Thinmen CD that I purchased at CDBaby. It's great! And I think that the Stand Or Fall cover (which I had heard before) is even better now that I am listening to crisp clean CD audio and not listening to the mp3 of it. The rest of the CD is just as good! Keep me posted on what you are doing!

...agree Octo?
    by all means!, i forgot all about those lyrics, not as good as my Fixxmas story but still good for a chuckle, thanks for the reminder
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

Thinmen

my copy just been ordered at CDbaby also, gonna start a Fixx related sub collection, so anyone with info on artists who have covered Fixx tracks whether commercial release or hobby, let me know and I'll be searching again, anyone have a copy of the Pears - Jonny / Driven Out 45? Good price paid!!!!
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks go out to Guido and Shelby for their very nice comments to me via the email - and a big thanks to Stuart and Serial 7 for picking up the Thinmen cd at CD Baby! Maybe the Fixx will let Thinmen open for them when they come to Minnesota!! Of course, I would let Cy do the singing on Stand or Fall Thanks again everyone!

Thinmen

My copy has already arrived from CD Baby, only took 3 days from order to delivery, that's helluva service, have ordered with them in the past when I bought some Kristin Banks stuff, {if you haven't listened, find her at mp3.com, I fell in love with her voice and the song City Of Angels is HAUNTING, she is amazing - sorry waffling and advertising}, anyway, my Thinmen CD arrived same day as my copy of the Steve Lukather album, Lukather featuring Cy on the track Fall into Velvet, anyway, if anyone's interested, the CD is still available at Amazon.co.uk issued on Sony Nice Price.
    Off to slap the Thinmen CD in the old Kenwood right now while it's on my mind, as I tend to have 20 or more CDs at any time waiting for playing, see ya.... gonna enjoy this.

Thumbs up Thinmen - Stand or Fall

**Wow**excellent, always troubled me that should anyone ever try to cover Stand or Fall then creating the right atmosphere would be nigh on impossible, the Thinmen however have done just that, they have created an atmosphere that personally to me reminds me of the early 80's, when obviously Stand was recorded, but have done it with some added synth work {beeps}that reminds me of Atari and The Yellow Magic Orchestra rolled into one, it stays in the background and subconsciously overcomes you and makes you think back to the days of Pong and Paddle Tennis, bassline seems faster {I'm no musician}, but seems so to me, sounds almost like a dance remix that appears from time to time as a space filler on CD singles, not that this is a space filler, this is well crafted and thought out, I like it, I think you will as well, so go buy it, The album, Nothing Like Our Picture by Thinmen can be found here
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2478/2478482.html
    Stick me on the mailing list and let me know of subsequent releases as I have so many incoming CD's each day that I sometimes forget the things I want most....
    After just one listen, there are tracks that stand out, these always change but ones that made an initial impression were Free Yourself, {that a hint of Sting's influence I can detect in this one maybe?}, Colorblind and Something New. Good stuff.

Thumbs up Thinmen's version of "Stand Or Fall"

Just last night I heard Thinmen's version of "Stand Or Fall" on WHMH MN Homegrown. Cool to hear it actually on the radio and not just on the CD. Very cool!

Lightbulb Lyrics

Would like to strike up some conversation about the Lyrics of Cy on any and all of the Fixx' cds......if interested please email me.

Experimental Hypothesis

Lightbulb Did someone mention Tribute CD?

Ok so I'm new. I know this topic has been going since about 2000. I've been around Fixx music all my life. These guys were such an influence that I've spent my whole adolescence and adult life writing and recording.

Did anything ever come of the Tribute CD? If this is still alive, I'd love to do a track. Hell, I'll do a track anyway. But it would be really cool to get a bunch of us together and put it all down on copy.

If any of you are in the Atlanta, GA area and would be interested in collaboration, let me know. You can email me anytime at jay@frippy.com. Let me know guys!

Jay - "Stranger Seven"
    http://www.mp3.com/strangerseven

By the way Thinmen, good track... interesting take on a classic!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast