Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Fixx CD - Stage One

Re: My suggestion would be anyone making a copy of this CD to donate $20 to the Fixx

Originally posted by Fixxation
    making a copy of this CD
    I think by "copy" Spin It meant an original, not a CDr copy (bootleg). No one should have to pay the band for something that's not the real deal.

And let's not start making copies. Jeez.
    There are 900+ remaining to be sold.
    It would be a shame if people weren't patient enough to get the complete, original package.

Everyone, just be p a t i e n t.
    Life should not be "I need it NOW." The joy of the treasure is the searching for it. Use the map (it's called the Tour Page) and find a new friend in the process.

Smile Sorry If I misunderstood...Ed is absolutely Right!

Hello All,

If I misunderstood the posting, I apologize. Ed is absolutely correct. "No one should have to pay the band for something that's not the real deal." Besides, we are all here to promote the band and want them to continue on.

I am willing to help anyone that is serious about buying this cd. I will not see them again until August but I would be happy to help out a fixxture who wants to buy an original copy.

Thanks,

Fixxation

Hello! The idea to help each fixxture out sounds great. Thank you all. So if there is anybody who likes to buy a original cd for me - please let me know (send a private mail for example).

Stay tuned + Take care! Im looking forward to hear from someone of you soon. Thanx, Heimo

I'd love one of the CDs. But it looks like they'll all be gone long before the Fixx get back here to the UK. So if anyone can pick one up for me at a gig or however, I'd be eternally grateful! Thank you... crawl... grovel...

Now here's a plan

In November I plan to go back to the States again to see the Band play. Now if they still have the disc available i will pick up for any English or European a copy who emails me with there details.

This of course is dependant on the Band playing in november. If they play any british dates and if the bring Stage one with them arrangements can changed.

yours always ettenaj

ettenaj you have mail

Question Stage One CD request

Would anybody be able to pick up a copy of Stage One for me? My travel time is already booked for the summer because of a friend's wedding, so I won't be seeing the Fixx again until they return to Chicago.

I'd be happy to reimburse you via check or PayPal. (PayPal's the fastest.) If you're in Chicago, I'll also buy you coffee and dessert!

Please e-mail me privately at "dave2 at i1 dot net". (That's lowercase "i", numeral "1".) Many thanks!

Cathy

I'll try not to panic, but no way of knowing if the boys will be back this way (Northern California) anytime soon, so if someone wants to pick up a copy for me, that would be great! Just let me know and I'll reimburse, of course!

wingo

Smile Here is the deal

Hello All,

If you do not get a copy before July 28 or so email me at bluejays37@hotmail.com. I am not trying to make any money of this. I will buy the CD's at the Fashion Island show on August 04. I would like the money upfront if possible. I don't mind fronting the money but I have been burned before.

The CD's are selling for $20. I will have to figure out the shipping and handling.

Fixxation

Don't count on merch being sold at Fashion Island......

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

Re: live cd

Originally posted by spin it
    OK lets try this.Anybody out there with a copy of the cd want any rare 80s british stuff vynal or cd.Name your band ive either got it or will get it !

love and hugs

Dave

failing that ,anyone want a free family portrait?
    Do I sound desperate????????
    Dave, don't have the CD yet but I am looking for these:
    rather buy from you than ebay...
    The Pookah Makes 3 - Take It Back 12"
    The Bloomsbury Set - Hanging Around With The Big Boys 7"
    Jimmy the Hoover - Tantalize 12"
    Girl Talk - marvellous Guy 7"

More to come, gonna check out what I regrettably sold years ago when times were hard, I'll be back....
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Oh yeah, one more:
    Kate Garner (ex Haysi Fantayzee) - Love Me Like A Rocket - 12" was issued on Regard Records and the 12" has proved impossibubble to find over the years.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

OK, My Turn for a CD

I was able to get around to seeing the Fixx last year in both Troy, NY and Killington, VT, and was extremely excited when I saw they were headed out this way again (Liverpool, Farmingdale, Morristown). I NEED A FIXX FIX. Unfortunately, a new fixxture is coming into the world later this summer, and I simply can't get away to any of these shows.

So, if anyone out there is going to one of these shows on the East, or anywhere for that matter, let me know, and I'll speedily forward you $25 to cover cost of a CD and shipping. MUST HAVE MY FIXX.

Graciously,
    BW
    "I don't think that he should take The Strain"

Hi everyone,
    Yeah I did mean the real deal,wouldnt want to settle for less at the stage of my collection.My idea would be to buy it at a concert ,so obviously the best sollution would be more UK date.Cant believe I didnt think of that B4.Failing that ,Janette your offer is topps and I will owe you bigtime.
    Stuart,havent got em but will do my best.BTW Ive off loaded some vynal to local charity still have some if you want it ,most have surface scratches but play well.

regards

Dave

Dave Snakey

I count myself a lucky Fixxture indeed, that a friend of mine picked one of these babies up for me last weekend. If you aren't sure if you want it, let me tell you, you DO.

The recording is great and will definitely remind you of what it's like to see the band live. It's got Woman On a Train on it, for gosh sakes! In addition to that, the packaging is great. It has a cardboard outersleeve on the jewelcase. Inside, there are cool photos and a liner notes thing happening on the cd itself. I think this is my favorite Fixx item in ages as it's kind of raw and edgy.

Yay to the band and yay to Ed for putting it together.

I'm planning on seeing a show on the weekend of July 9. If you would like me to pick one up for you, please email me privately at musegirl@earthlink.net and we'll work something out.

Lisa

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast