Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Song Did You Do "IT" too?

Smile What Song Did You Do "IT" too?

Hello All,

This thread is for Octo. What song was playing on the radio the first time you "did it?"

I think it was Journey for me. No it was not "Loving, Touchin, Squeezin or "Separate Ways." I was so nervous. I think the song was "Faithfully."

Fixxation

Talking

I gotta chime in on this one.

"Sadeness, Pt. I" by Enigma. Actually, my answer would have to be the whole MCMXC a.D. CD. That album and Disintegration by The Cure (namely "The Same Deep Water As You") bring back some good romantic memories.

Do you mean the FIRST TIME or the FIRST MEMORABLE TIME?

Okay, if we were talking MEMORABLE, it would be the entirety of YANNI LIVE AT THE ACROPOLIS that repeated about four times (and that cd is over 79 minutes in length!)

fIRST TIME would be "Whatever You Want" by Tony! Toni! Tone! and "Let's Chill" by Guy. . . hey, it was 1991, y'all and high school for me . . . come to think of it, Color Me Badd's "Thinkin' Back" was playin' that night too!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

the first time huh?

it was with my wife and it was approximately 9:30pm on August 21st 1981

and then 20 years later, to the very day, I finally married her

There was no music during the first time, we were making our own, but....

.. when we got off the couch and headed upstairs I distinctly remember taking Journey's Escape album off the spindle and back into the cover..

.. so that album is what lead us into the moment

Journey Escape was our album that summer, and Stoned In Love was our song

my wife is my golden girl, without her .. there is no pulse

Smile Journey Works

Hello Octo et al,

Back in the 70's I am sure many people lost it to Stairway to Heaven and that Zozo(the man with the sticks on his back album of Led Zep). In the 80's it had to be Journey.

Preciousstone thanks for chiming in we need the ladies perspective as well. As far a your question, either one is fine. Your first time or your first memorable time.

Technically for me it was to Muzak at work. I am thinking it was Carly Simon or something like that. I hope my wife doesn't read this one.

Fixxation

Doin' it musically.

Crystal Method Is consistently good for "doing it." Cherry Twist is my favorite.

Hmm, I don't recall music--I think my mind was on other things.

One of the ALL-TIME best albums for this purpose, though, is Roxy Music's Avalon.
    Mike "Sunburn" Byrne
    http://byrneweb.com/Fixx/

Smile Nice Album

Hello Sunburn,

I have Thread on the Outside of called "What's up with your nickname?" would love to see your post.

As for Avalon by Roxy Music, I can tell you know how to get the ladies in the mood ( I am assuming you are a guy). Great album love Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music. One of my favorite albums. I was surprised that the 10,000 Maniacs made "More Than This" a hit without Natalie Merchant! Go figure.

Thanks for the post!

Fixxation

Don't think there WAS music playing when I did it first time. But I know the artist that guy and I often listened to was Sting, so at least there's that.

Found a song recently that it would be great to use for mood setting, and our Jamie Jamie J-WO played on it...Jane Siberry's "Temple". DANGEROUS....

Re: What Song Did You Do "IT" too?

Originally posted by Fixxation
    Hello All,
    What song was playing on the radio the first time you "did it?"
    Fixxation
    Well my first time was a typical 50s one in the 80s. Backseat of a car....cramped as hell....with the radio on and I vaguely remember hearing "Gardening At Night" by R.E.M. and "Blasphemous Rumors" by Depeche Mode....Inappropriate...Yes....it was the radio after all no control there.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Bryan Ferry's Boys and Girls is indeed another great album for this, but I'd still have to place it after Avalon. (And yes, I'm a guy--father of two, now, so seduction music isn't quite as critical as it was in my halcyon youth. )

And the story behind my nick isn't really very good, but maybe I'll swing by and post it...
    Mike "Sunburn" Byrne
    http://byrneweb.com/Fixx/

I can't remember what song, if any, was playing - it was a cold Memphis night in my car..brrr.. Maybe it was "Fishheads" or something by Devo, lol.

But what I enjoy these days is anything by Euphoria (an apt name!), especially the second album, or Mike Oldfield, or really good Groove/Lounge (see Putumayo's collection, for example).

When I was in college my boyfriend and I would lie (and maybe do other stuff) in bed and listen to Dead Can Dance's "Toward the Within" and Marillion's "Misplaced Childhood", as well as "Dark Side of the Moon". Not necessarily terribly romantic, but good music at 4:20 am, if you get my drift.

Smile Dark Side of the Moon

Hello Shelby,

I am sure there is a joke there about the dark side of the moon but I wont go there. The album Dark Side of the Moon is a Classic. Another good Pink Floyd album to listen to in bed is Delicate Sound of Thunder. What a great band. I wish that Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Rick Wright would get back together for one last tour.

Fixxation

I was in front of the telly whilst it was playing Night Tracks... don't remember what all might have played but I do remember "Father Figure" by George Michael and "Kiss & Tell" by Bryan Ferry... both very sexy songs that bring back warm fuzzies...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast