Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defining Our Target Audience

Smile Defining Our Target Audience

Hello All,

I agree with putting out flyers and getting the word out. But where do we find the target audience? Many of the 80's generation fans have jobs, family and limited time. How do we convince them that they need to get a babysitter for the night so they can go to a concert?

One way to get the fans out is to promote the website so fans can stay in touch. One idea I had was to promote the website using a business card. It is small enough that it can easily be distributed at concerts. The business card would have the website address, future shows and an eye catching graphic or logo.

Fixxation

It's a great idea. Also, they can be left at other places as well, to get people TO a concert.

Thanks Bash

Hello All,

I am going to see if I can come up with a mock card and get your feedback.

Fixxation

'80s schmateys, that's what I say!
    This is a GREAT LIVE BAND!!
    How do we target the 21 and over crowd who are going to see live music these days???

Flyers to be hung at college campuses I say.

Smile Nice Suggestion

Hello All,

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    Flyers to be hung at college campuses I say.
    I am wondering where all the College students are that are in my old Fixx videos. They seem to be having a great time have they forgotten or are they unaware that The Fixx are still touring. I know I was unawre until a few years ago.

I think we need to get the new audience like what Steve mentions and bring out the old fans. I am trying to figure out how to target the old fans.

As far as Colleges good idea. Many Colleges have their own independent radio stations. I wonder if we can get The Fixx some airplay?

Fixxation

Remember, that in order to hang things we must get permission, if u dont they can get really cranky, lets keep all the rules in mind

great idea

that is a great idea.. i also think that they need more airtime advertising when they are in town...i have just reconnected to the Fixx after a long separation.. i didn't even know they were recording let alone touring.. and it was quite by accident that I found out ... called a dj from local 80's station and asked if he knew if they were touring like so many bands from the 80's .. he jumped on the web.. found website and tour information only to discover that they had palyed the Taste of Minnesota the night before ... I missed them by one day... .. and believe me if I had know .. i would have been first in line... There was literally no advertisement in any form ... my hope is that they will hit the northwest and I can fly to my hometown, Seattle and catch them there.. especially since i am dying to get my hands on Stage One .. .. Jeanne

Smile Stage One is A Must Have

Hello Jeanne,

"especially since i am dying to get my hands on Stage One" It is a great CD well worth the trip to Seattle.

Fixxation

Target Audience

I just thought I'd tell you about this since I'm up, trying to catch a mouse in the act...((I heard loud squeaking and then I heard a piano key, so I KNOW it's SOMEWHERE. I saw the cat chase it in the other day...))

But that's not what Iwas going to say...as far as target audience: My son (a freshman in high school), came home the other day and said triumphantly, "Mom! The Fixx LIVES." My daughter and I looked at him like he'd lost his head and said, "yes, we know that...?" He said that at their pep rally, the cheerleaders did a multi-style dance and (in hiswords) Out of ALL the songs they could have chosen, they danced to 'One Thing Leads to Another.'

I also have a friend who's 22 and I turned him on to the Fixx just by playing it in the car as we drove around...so don't give up on that younger generation. All it takes is for them to hear. As to getting them to the concerts, of course, we need to advertise. I'm just saying- don't leave out the high schools in your flyering (we've have lots of all-age clubs around here and in a few years, those kids will be over 21 as well)

I agree about the business cards in addition to flyers. They're easy to carry around discretely and yes, they'll need a catchy look to them because where I come from, people leave business cards EVERYWHERE (mostly for real estate and house-cleaning).

The Fixx isn't a HAS BEEN, they're a NOW, no matter what your age.
    Last edited by Cygnet; 10-07-2004 at 05:22 AM.

Websites are the way to go these days.

I think the website www.thefixx.com on a tee shirt we could wear often when out and about could help a lot.

A nice photo of the boys on there too would help.
    I am the winner in any event.

Am I STILL the only one with a "theFIXX.com" bumper sticker?
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

NOPE!!!

I still have the one you gave me in LV proudly displayed on my Neon!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    NOPE!!!

I still have the one you gave me in LV proudly displayed on my Neon!!!!!!!!!
    Good job, Jeanne!! At least someone is paying attention!
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Don't have a car, but would gladly put one on my own personal bumper...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast