Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defining Our Target Audience

ROFL

perhaps we could get tattoos
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Yikes - color me a chicken! I was thinking about a Hot-Fix iron and Swarovski crystals, though...customize all my gig-going clothes...

Tattoos...now we're talking.
    I am the winner in any event.

I just accidentally ordered 250 Fixx businesss cards- I say
    accidentally because I didn't like the color of the font. I did another that I did like, but I accidentally hit a wrong button and they're mailing me the one's I didn't want but there's nothing I can do about it except make another order, but at $40, I think I'll just take what I get...

It will be easier to part with them if I'm not so endeared, I suppose.

I think the business cards are a great Idea!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not tell you how many napkins and hands I wrote thefixx.com on at the fine line in Minnesota....
    you should post one, Cygnet...so we can see what they look like...

I had an idea, I don't know what those giant back window labels people make for their cars are called, but I think it would be cool to make one for our cars, with just the text of wwwfthefixx.com on it.

My son had one made up while he was still in high school for his first car. I could start with him and find out how he made it. He said they were easy to do.

I'm already blasting the music out of my car as it is, might as well have some kind of reference point for passersby. They DO look curious.
    I am the winner in any event.

I like that idea - I think I might have to do that for my little Honda. But that would make my car very indiscreet - not easy to hide from stalkers.

If stalkers come after you, Pippi, tell their mamas. I promise, they'll leave you alone after that...

By Accident

Hi Bash, Pips, And All.....

I would LOVE bumper stickers, what a great idea! I just bought my first classic car by accident. It's a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500, Fire Engine Red, 4 door sedan, in mint condition with only 76,000 original miles on it! I got it on a whim while shopping for a used car for my niece. A nice older man had it sitting for 7 years, covered in dirt and tree sap. The day he put up the sign I bought it.

I can't wait to show it to those of you coming to Santa Cruz! It's such a "pimpin ride" now that I got music added. Guess which CD's I've been blasting? Yes, Pips, that's right !

Looking forward to seeing ya all soon !

Doctor Roger

Schhwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Can't wait to see it!

I'll bring you a bumper sticker, my sweet doctor.

Pippi

Re: great idea

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    [B]only to discover that they had palyed the Taste of Minnesota the night before ... I missed them by one day.
    I was in Pittsburgh in March and was looking through the paper which I seldom do anymore and read at 8:50 p.m. that they were playing that night. Luckily they are coming to my town next week.

It was just luck that I saw Berlin last year when looking through a free weekly entertainment guide I picked up while at a bus stop simply because I had to wait.

I think the best way for people to know is via radio ads on retro stations but it might cost too much money for the number of fans the ads bring in. I don't know how to promote the bands that I like, but I do know how not to subsidize the music I dislike. They need to be played on Classic Vh1 more and Classic VH1 needs to be on standard cable not digital. So I really don't think there's too much we can do.

With all the time Classic VH1 wastes talking about how we're "watching Classic VH1" they could be interviewing The Fixx for 3 minutes or so and tell about their tour but Classic VH1 is too cheap to do this and pours all their money into MTV.
    Last edited by seadave; 08-04-2005 at 03:37 AM.

Hey Sea dave....

Always nice to meet a fellow Seattle-ite... sure wish i could come home and see the show!!!

We look forward to your review!!!
    Jeanne

Re: Defining Our Target Audience

Originally posted by Fixxation
    ......I agree with putting out flyers and getting the word out. But where do we find the target audience? .... Fixxation
    I have thought about this frequently, and I have advice for management of The Fixx.

Get The Fixx to the music schools in the U.S.

That is a target market for the band. The longevity itself is a selling point, The Fixx as a band or individual band members have years of insight to the industry but more importantly to working with other musicians for numerous years. In addition, The Fixx have always had a dedicated fan base of "thinking" people and I've often heard The Fixx described as "Thinking Man's Rock."

In addition, the better music schools in the country have some of the best performance halls in the country, even though small in many cases. The local music school could offer a trade of sorts - some could record a song or two professionally as projects. Regardless of these side details, the main purpose would be to connect The Fixx to music education. This is like a viral marketing effort that could take hold. This could work in the U.S. and many other nations with progressive music programs.

Just an idea.
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Oldies but Goodies

There are still some great ideas in this thread, hope reviving it prompts management to take a second look!
    BM
    I've been lurking...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12