Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome To The Official Street Team Forum

Street Team

Ok heres the deal. We want to promote the Fixx right? Well we need to start a street team for the Fixx, and simply what we do is when there are shows near our area, simply make flyers, or just tell all your frineds or invite them, we need everone as well to post what you are doing so we can come up with more ideas. It is time for the Fixx to become BIG!!!!! It would be awesome if we could get most of the people on this board to participate.... Does anyone have any questions or comments???

Clive

Clive, u rock!

Does anyone have any questions or comments???
    what she said

This is something I spoke to Ed (thefixxdotcom) about at the Phoenix show. It's something that I would definitely be interested in. I think that I help promote The Fixx in Phoenix for future releases and shows. I'm somewhat ashamed that I didn't think of this sooner, before this last show. BUT, I definitely like the idea of street teams.

Ok heres the deal, ive given this some thought but i would be willling to Be a sort of like Manager, or whatever you want to call it....... What we need is for Jeff to set up a new page labeled Street Team or somewhat, and in that we can have like a members area, newcomers area, so on and so forth...

Anything from anyone???

Clive

OKAY, FST MANAGER

I had begun to make a list of names with emails in cities/states and countries. It's a big job, Clive. One less for me to do. Go for it good man!
    Anyone want to make art? Send it in to webmaster@thefixx.com and we'll put our rubber stamp of approval on it. (That just means we'll make sure no one infringes on copyrights. Everything goes past the band.) Then we'll turn it into a downloadable PDF for FSTmembers to print out and distribute.
    Heck, we'll even get to a point where we'll send FSTmembers the real tour posters and promos to give away.
    Clive... keep going... what's next?

Good call Clive.
    I'm assuming you got this great idea from the 311 webiste? (I know you and I are both big fans)
    Street Teamers are a big part of their community. Like Ed suggests, they come up with artwork, get it approved, and distribute official stuff in whatever city that Street Teamer lives in.

For a sample of what 311 Teamers are expected to do, go to
    http://www.311music.com/ and click on the Team 311 logo off to the right of the screen.

Say, Clive, whilst on the subject...311 will have a DVD in the fall of the 311 Day concert in New Orleans. Can't wait for that one. Gonna be RAD!

I'd like to get involved in the art design for flyers, posters, etc. What do I need to come up with?

I'm not an artist, but I am a writer. If you need anything written, I'll see what I can do to help!

Of course, I can act as a point person in San Francisco as far as getting posters and flyers up, distributed, etc.

Clive, if you keep it up, we're gonna have to elect you president next! Rock on!

Smile Count Me In

Hello All,

My wife is a Graphic designer. I would be willing to help in anyway. Let me know and I am in.

Fixxation

We did a downloadable flyer a few years ago and it seemed to be successful.

I think it would be great if some folks developed new flyers for use. No need to limit ourselves to just one when there are so many talented folks on the list. Basically, we need something catchy that also has a corner free where we can customize the details of the Date, Place and Time of each show. It would be good if it looked good in black and white as well as color (since large volume might require inexpensive printing,)

There's a show coming up in early July in my neck of the woods and I would love to get out there with some advertising ASAP. I hope folks will produce something we can use soon!

Yea Ed, i spent some time thinking aobut it and i think that i am ready for the challenge, i just need the support from all you other fixxtures... To answer your question Steve, the idea came from 311...... I really hope that this works ...

Clive

Missed Ed's post above. Cool!

What im going to do is start an excel document, and put everyone who wants to participatge, thier email, what they are willing to do, and some toehr features which we will come up wiht as time goes by... Any suggestins???

Clive

Buttons please! I just Luff dem buttons!
    I got sent a cute little one the other day... and out of habit I pOp'd it open so I could turn it into a Portraits button.
    Reach The Beach buttons would be kick'n !
    I have a Ball-cap that is begging for a super cool button or two not to mention the car sun-visors..
    and Fixxahchoo'baby wouldn't mind getting a new one as well I'm sure!

I called Times 0ut !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast