Thread: The Fixx should open for some Bands

The Fixx should open for some Bands

I know a lot of people who were turned onto The Fixx when they played with The Police in 1983. Beleive it or not they even opened up for The Moody Blues.

A few yaers ago The Fixx toured with The Motels, and Berlin.

The Fixx are one of the greatest live bands ever! The way to get more exposure is to open up for some bands and expand their audience. Then after they are finished opening thay can come back to headline and draw a bigger audience.

I know that Duran Duran is going to tour in the fall of 2004 and they are looking for an openoing band. Now that wouldn't that be cool?

I suggest that the Management of THe Fixx starts looking at The headling bands and see if they're looking for an opening act.

THe Hankster

Indeed, this is a good idea, but i do bielve that The Fixx are about to go back on tour.... Im not sure when it ends, but im sure we can figure all this information out hehe

Clive

Considering all the not-so-flattering things I've heard Cy say about the Duranies, I can't imagine that pairing taking place...

They are opening for Rick Springfield in Portsmouth, VA on July 10th. Not the best fit, but it's a pretty good sized venue (saw them there with The Outfield and Berlin a couple of years ago). Hopefully it will be well-attended.

Duran Duran

Wasn't that a nemesis of some hero in a movie?? Was it Barbarella? I think so.
    Yeah, there's no love there!!
    I hope any management decision would be brave enough to move away from this '80s market. U2 isn't "an '80s band," why should the Fixx be? "Want That Life" isn't '80s music.
    I'd like to see them do a nationwide tour with newer bands. I still think Fiction Plane would be a great support, as would the Lovemakers out of Oakland. They both would bring a younger crowd to see the Fixx, and the Fixx would have an older crowd to see these new bands.
    But bottom line is, the Fixx need to make a BIG SPLASH somehow. Flash a nation-wide Super Bowl audience, or something...

Okay. I'm sure we can pack the theaters if they can promise a nightly "wardrobe malfunction."

malfunctions

Let's keep that in the audience!

What's the word on Tears for Fears? Wouldn't that be a nice tour?!!!

Smile Not Sure The Fixx Are An Opening Band

Hello All,

Perhaps it is my pride that says The Fixx are not an opening act. I agree with whoever said that The Fixx became popular opening for Moody Blues and The Police. My guess is that the expectations for most opening acts is low. When a great band like The Fixx came along they blew everyone away.

I believe The Fixx are headliners. I think touring with Berlin or Tears For Fears would be great! Those bands are still making music and not relying on what they did in the past.

I also like Ed's suggestion that they break away from the 80's bands and look at opening for younger bands with younger audiences.

Fixxation

Ultimate Pairing

To me, the ultimate pairing right now would be The Fixx opening for Coldplay.

Coldplay plays in 10,000 seat arenas (or more) and draws a very diverse crowd ranging from the older folk who grew up with Pink Floyd and the likes to the youngsters growing up in the here and now.

That would offer the most diverse crowd that I can think of for The Fixx to play to and say "hey, we're still here making NEW music".

Thanks Ed for noting that U2 is not an 80s band - so why should the Fixx be mistaken for an 80s band?

Get them on tour with Coldplay I say.

Smile I Agree

Hello All,

I was not in favor of The Fixx opening for any band. But Steve has changed my mind. Excellent choice with Coldplay.

Fixxation

I don't mind the idea of The Fixx opening for a band, if it means good exposure. I say, get them to open for U2 on their next tour. That's GUARANTEED big exposure. Plus, I love both bands, so it would be a double bill of sorts for me.

U2 with The Fixx. Think of how many times you'd hear The Fixx's name mentioned in the press, once U2's tour was announced. Think of how many Want That Life CDs they could sell at those shows.

It's a shame they couldn't have hopped on board the Sting/Annie Lennox tour. Again, big exposure.

Ed, call Paul McGuinness, before it's too late!

Re: Ultimate Pairing

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    This is simply brilliant! That would be a great show, and think of the exposure.

[By the way, I'm loving your site, Steve.]
    If John Cage stands silently in a forest and there's no one there to hear it, is it music?

Re: Ultimate Pairing

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau

Coldplay plays in 10,000 seat arenas (or more) and draws a very diverse crowd ranging from the older folk who grew up with Pink Floyd and the likes to the youngsters growing up in the here and now.

That would offer the most diverse crowd that I can think of for The Fixx to play to and say "hey, we're still here making NEW music".

Thanks Ed for noting that U2 is not an 80s band - so why should the Fixx be mistaken for an 80s band?

Get them on tour with Coldplay I say.
    The Fixx & Coldplay... that just gave me chills. So different in style...I love it!

Re: Duran Duran

Originally posted by thefixxdotcom
    Wasn't that a nemesis of some hero in a movie?? Was it Barbarella? I think so.
    Yeah, there's no love there!!
    I hope any management decision would be brave enough to move away from this '80s market. U2 isn't "an '80s band," why should the Fixx be? "Want That Life" isn't '80s music.
    There's very few bands that can truly morph with the passing of time. Duran Duran, for example, sounds the same to me as they did in the 80's - there's not a lot of growth. I also don't consider them a real talent. I've been listening to Astronaut trying to find something I REALLY like... just not there yet. U2 is like a Phoenix that never quite falls to ashes. They rise, then the dust settles for a bit, and then they rise again. I love "How to Dismantle..." They're true talent though. The Fixx, as much as I love them and believe in their talent, are in need of the Phoenix metaphor. It's time for them to transcend their 80's status. We're still hung up on the greats that echo the sentiments of that time in our lives. Blame it on radio, blame it on advertising but it is what is. The music industry is a bloodsucker. If you don't have a hit on every album that gets major recognition, you're as good as your last hit. That's the nature of the beast. Perception is truth. With that said...D*mn them all! The FIXX is not 'an 80's band' ! I have friends that were in the category of "one hit wonder" in the 80's... that's worse in my mind... I don't think you ever really recover from that. They agreed.