Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Press kit

Press kit

Is there a press kit?

Or a press release form that can be altered to suit each situation?

Also, I've seen some sites that offer a press area, where the press/media can go to get more detailed information/contact information?

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

msmith1 - Getting the word out

I just wrote to each person in publicity and promotions departments. Once they say they are interested, I forward a copy of the flyer for the venue that I am advertising. Hope this information could be of help.

Maybe this is something we can work on--it would be good to have that handy--sort of fill in the blanks, official looking, and all. I think one of my business communications reference books has a press release example form in it, and ideas on building an actual press kit--hmmm...I'll rummage through the paper tiger (LOL!) yet this week, to find it. Just trying to think of ways to circumvent being "round filed" or "deleted as spam." Kim

p.s.- also, maybe some sort of follow-up tracking form--we could look into offering a drawing for a free gift item, if the form is filled out and put in a box for entry(to track advert effectiveness/capture addresses/feedback on the shows)?
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

Hey Diamond!
    Thanks for looking around!
    It seems hard to get around junk mail or spam perceptions--is there a good way to do online submissions, that won't most likely get trashed? I thought maybe a consistent layout would be helpful--continuity...looking forward to seeing what you have that we can all work together on...
    Kim

It's the 9th hour, I'll take any help/ideas I can get to promo the PA shows--anyone?
    Last edited by msmith1; 10-18-2005 at 02:16 PM.
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

You ladies and gents are really cookin' now!

Hey there Diamond and Msmith1 -
    I love all the new "press" ideas you both are coming up with. I have been mentioning to all these stations that a new CD by our guys will soon be released. Too bad there is not a way to send these stations the demos. Does anyone know of a way?

WHOA WHOA WHOA

While we LOVE your enthusiasm, this really isn't a job Fixxtures should be handling.
    If you have any leads or ideas PLEASE write us at the .com
    ALL PRESS requests are accommodated and we do get many at the .com weeks before the show.

In the new year, with the new album, we WILL have a PRESS area on the site.

Keep pushing us, but please don't call any radio or newspaper in an effort to give them photos or song demos! Big no-no. That is a band/management decision ONLY.

Thanks for the information, Ed!
    It's good to know the preferred protocol.
    Apologies for the over-achiever enthusiasm.
    If you need help creating a template to submit for approval, let us know...

Kim
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

Yeah- the band i m sure will send promo related materials to the proper clientele when they get the new cd completed, and Ed is very sharp- So we need to let him take care of it even though we all want to get our fave band the recogntion they truly deserve!

Let the professionals do their job and sit back and await the good things to come!

So "we must be strong" ...and "not change the rules to the game!"

cheers

d
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

Unhappy SO SORRY

Sorry Ed! I did not mean to step on anyone's toes or over any boundaries. I assumed that what I did may have been part of a role for the "Street Team". I was soooooo wrong! I did not make promises to anyone at the stations and I did not give out any of the information as far as The CD and dates to be released as I do realize that is not up to me to say. None of the other stations other then Princeton University has got back to me anyhow. I checked Princeton's concert calendar and it does not look like they posted the concert date either as of yet. I will back off! If you do need help I will follow your lead next time. Please accept my apology to you and anyone else that it affected!

Hey Street Teamers !!

Don't be sad or hurt about what Ed wrote.
    All he said, in effect, was leave the Press Kit to Management to produce & distribute.

We still encourage you folks to spread the good word about The Fixx and let people know they are still around. Gigs are about to happen along the north eastern US and right now is the time to focus on spreading that word. Business cards like the ones Cygnet produced and flyers promoting a show like these...
    1002's flyer
    Bash's flyer
    Cygnet's flyer

...are what we're looking for from the Street Team.

You guys are all capable of great things. Keep the faith and the positive energy.

Keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen:thumbsup:

Thanks, Steve!
    I was really worried I'd offended, which was not the intent...positive words are much appreciated.
    Kim
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

Ditto from me too Steve!

Thank you, Steve...

You guys are great!

Kim and Rkerchic, your enthusiasm is wonderful! Seeing so little in the news about our band, we can't help but think- "forget the so-called professionals...let the fans bring this band to the forefront." Ed has to calm me down a lot too so don't feel bad. We're here and we'll get our little fingers in where ever we can because they really do need us. The Fixx in a way belongs to all of us- thus, we take their success personally- whether they like it or not.

Ed has a gift for seeing potential catastrophies. I see us as a bunch of basketball players and Ed is the referee. Some of us have a lot of time on our hands and some of us don't, but either way, we really want to get out there on the court and score our boys some points. Keep up the ideas, keep up the enthusiasm and keep your hands in the air ready to catch that ball in case it rebounds!

Cygnet
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Cool THANKS CYGNET!

Thanks Cygnet for remembering our efforts! I will still be watching and waiting for when I can jump back in the game! I've been going crazy lately with holiday shopping, running to the hospital (Mom-in-law fractured the hip), and this computer is acting really crazy and sometimes I can't get on it! I am almost ready to sledgehammer this thing!!!!!!! I keep cheery and bright through it all as The Fixx remain in my mind and the future goodies that they are preparing for our "team mates". Incidentally, I purchased a CD from someone in the UK (not Fixx) for my sister and I mentioned that I love The Fixx and my response was that they are not that big over there but this person was aware they are here in the U.S. He also told me his favorite track was "Woman on a Train". I almost wanted to say how great it was to hear that live just recently but I did not want to come across like I was bragging! Just in lust oops I mean love! hee hee hee!
    Hope all is well with you and all the fellow Fixxtures! Happy Holidays in the event I forget to say it or get back on here!
    P.S. - Just found out that I am having another girl so I guess I will not be naming her after a band member! Oh well! I guess I'll turn her into a groupie instead!

Cheers! Rkerchic from Jersey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast