Thread: Ripping off the Fixx?

Ripping off the Fixx?

This has to be another bootleg/ homemade dvd-r with all the stuff on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...306246884&rd=1

Jim....

I reported this item to eBay and we'll see if this can be removed but who knows.
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Well another one got by selling pirate stuff.

Here's another:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Titled:

The Fixx Canadian Bound CD

Now there are only 8 hours left on this and I don't recall ever seeing this CD anywhere.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

I'd much rather have an official release from the band or their previous label(s) anyway. Live concert footage, videos, you name it. That would be great!
    Part-Time Artist & Permanent Fixxture

What about this?

This guy certainly didn't waste any time trying to make money off of the boys!

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...857409550&rd=1

WOW!!!
    I am kind of at a loss for words!!! Big of him to want to keep the picture of himself and the band ...Yet, find a way to make a profit !!!! Oh,..I think my Irish temper has surfaced!! Iodine,anyone????

Re: What about this?

Originally posted by pippi617
    This guy certainly didn't waste any time trying to make money off of the boys!

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...857409550&rd=1
    Hey at least he gave it a month almost 'til he listed it [Concert 11/7; Auction ends 12/8], he says sarcastically. This is my favorite part of the listing "My personal letter of authenticity will be included with item." No mention of notarization or any real validation service just a letter from him. Wow and maybe this guy would have his Mom vouche for the item and his credibility too. I'm thinking it is probably real and is mild compared to the ones who fake the signatures on this type of item or pirate pictures or CDs or DVDs and make big bucks doing it with no retribution.

Just my opinion and as Dennis Miller said in the past....I could be wrong,

Geoff

Well.. at least there is some justification... no one has bidded on it !!!! And to tell you the truth.. the moments that we share, as fans, with the band are so wonderful and precious... I do not see any "die hard" fan bidding any ways!!!! So the joke may be on him!!!!

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    Well.. at least there is some justification... no one has bidded on it !!!!
    Yep - Saved by ZERO bids! This guy does this as a routine, too - check out his eBay handle: spahrsautographs

"Feh!", I say!
    And, "Puh!", as well!
    With mental wingo I'm nearly flying

Originally posted by wingo395
    Yep - Saved by ZERO bids! This guy does this as a routine, too - check out his eBay handle: spahrsautographs

"Feh!", I say!
    And, "Puh!", as well!
    Before I make my statement I'm not saying I'd purchase anything from anybody signed by The Fixx or anybody for that matter. I know how accessible the group is when you can get to a show so that type of purchase is not needed. Plus I know there are many a shady dealer who fake signatures to make money.

I guess I just am not seeing what the problem is with this guy.

If someone is a fan and can't get to a show and decides they want the group's autographs then why is it such a crime to purchase something on the net that is signed. It's just a signature. And The Fixx aren't charging for the autographs after the show so they lose nothing.

Now if it is a situation like the guy who was/is selling the DVD collection of all the band's videos and some live stuff and this is a pirated item then yeah come down on him and HARD. But the other guy had to actually get the autographs in advance likely by attending a show. Why is it a problem for him, since he obviously got the whole band to agree to sign this item, to turn around and sell it. They do it with baseball cards, pictures of actors, books signed by authors and any number of other things.

If we are to have a problem with this guy then why not have a problem with a person like myself and others. I go to flea markets, pawn shops and yard sales buying used CDs to sell on eBay. I don't forward any of my profit to the artists and record companies I'm selling the recordings of I keep it all myself. Yes, they did get paid the first time the CD is sold but make nothing upon repeated sellings. I am betting someone like Rick Springfield would like to see a chuck of change from the sale of his "Comic Book Heroes" CD which I purchased for $3 at a pawn shop and sold then for $89 recently. But that isn't how it works. Isn't what the autograph seller is doing by going to the show and getting the autographs then selling them similar a situation to what I and many many other sellers do selling CDs on eBay?

I think it is.

Now I must get off my high horse.

If I offended someone then please let me know and I will argue my point further or even maybe say I'm sorry if that is needed.

Happy Holidays,

Geoff
    Last edited by SilentGeoff; 12-11-2004 at 03:27 PM.