Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you like besides the Fixx??

Smile Who do you like besides the Fixx??

I love all kinds of music from classic rock to 80s stuff and some (but very little) recent stuff.

I like Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Zeppelin, the later stuff I like is the Fixx (of course) Depeche Mode, Cure, some Duran Duran, Thompson Twins, Pet Shop Boys, Eurythmics.

Smile

[QUOTE]Originally posted by R-we-R-selves:
    [B]I love all kinds of music from classic rock to 80s stuff and some (but very little) recent stuff.

Gosh, pick a decade and the styles are so different, yet likeable in their own ways.
    60's? Would have to be Beatles, Moody Blues, Doors.

70's belongs to the Eagles, Led Zep, Stones, Moody Blues again, Yes, and as new styles blossomed...the Cars and the Police must have mention here.

80's brought me the Fixx, Flock of Seagulls, more Cars, Police, Moody Blues, & Stones. There's really too many awesome artists to list without boring everyone.

The last decade was weird. Grunge rock and white rap emerged. There are a handful of bands from the 90's that really made a good impression on me for superior artistry even though the styles were a departure from what I was accustomed to. Bands like Spin Doctors, 311, Collective Soul, and most recently Train, Stroke 9, and Eiffel 65 have been impressive.

There are so many others I haven't mentioned though. Enough for now.
    Steve

Smile

Currently I would say Dave Matthews Band, Sting, U2, Creed, 3 Doors Down and others. Although in the case of Creed and 3 Doors Down I have not heard the full CD, just the songs on the radio.

[This message has been edited by itizuki (edited 02-26-2001).]

Cool

Well, I am also one of those that do not limit myself. I do like a lot of earlier groups. My taste range from the Fixx(of course!) to Duran Duran, the Cure, Specials, Madness, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, the Doors, Van Morrison, Social Distortion, Ramones, Janis Joplin, Dido, 3 Doors Down, NIN, Brian Setzer, Radiohead, Beastie Boys, Blink 182, & many others! I basically listen to a lot of different types. Except for country,too twangy. I also refuse to listen to Creed. Yuck!! He rips off of Eddie too much!! I stand by Pearl Jam not Creed(or should I say Greed?)

Wink

I enjoy most types of music except for country. My faves include The Fixx,(a no brainer) Peter Gabriel, Robert Palmer, Seal, Enya, Duran Duran, Annie Lennox, Lenny Kravitz,Dido and the one my friends razz me the most about Neil Diamond.

Angry

Hello:

This is my first post. Nice to see there's a forum for one of the most underrated rock bands around. Anyway, here's my list:

1. I'm Life
    2. Subterranean
    3. One Look Up
    4. Changing
    5. Gypsy Feet
    6. I've Been Here Before
    7. Digging Up the Rock
    8. Walkabout
    9. One Jungle
    10. No One Has to Cry
    11. Two Different Views
    12. Fatal Shore

Covers:
    1. Bela Lugosi's Dead (Bauhaus)
    2. Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix)

Smile

Wow. Sent it to the wrong topic...I'll get the hang of this yet.

Thumbs up

I like several different types of music which include: RADIOHEAD (personal favorite)
    The Fixx, U2, Moby, Duran Duran, Dido, Frank Sinatra, Techno/House, Everything but the Girl, Oasis, and Lenny Kravitz. (Hopefully someday I'll get to see my Radiohead and The Fixx tour together--I know that's wishful thinking but, a girl can dream can't she?)

[This message has been edited by Lady Danger (edited 02-26-2001).]

Cool

Who else do I like to listen to? Besides The Fixx, I enjoy Radiohead, Sting, The Police, Annie Lennox, The Eurythmics, Yes, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Tears for Fears, Journey, Peter Gabriel, Robbie Nevil, Howard Jones, etc. Can you tell I'm an 80's child . . .

Smile

Originally posted by Jen:
    My faves include ... Dido and the one my friends razz me the most about Neil Diamond.
    I've heard a lot of good things about Dido. I am familiar with one of the radio hits and another from mp3.com called Thank You. I'm impressed and am buying this CD. Always willing to try something new

As for Neil Diamond, he is a top notch performer with outstanding writing abilities. I don't have his whole catalog but there are three of his albums that I love dearly (Moods, JL Seagull, Stones).

Cheers
    Steve

Smile

Originally posted by Lady Danger:
    I like several different types of music which include: RADIOHEAD (personal favorite)
    Lots of Radioheads in here. Cy mentioned in the Eyada interview (January 30 at http://www.eyada.com/search.cfm - do a search for "Fixx" to listen) that he's a big Radiohead fan. What should I buy first to see if I like them?

Dan

Smile

Originally posted by DanBoutin:
    Lots of Radioheads in here...What should I buy first to see if I like them?
    The easiest to come by are probably Pablo Honey and The Bends. Both are good ablums. Their album OK Computer won awards a few years back although it did not impress me in the slightest. They have a new release called Kid - A (shame on me for not having this one yet), it's said to be really good.

hope this helps
    Steve

Smile

With regards to Radiohead, my family would agree with Steve, but my favorite CD is Okay Computer, and favorite song, Climbing Up The Walls. I would listen to their earlier works before jumping into Kid-A which is a little bit different for them.

Smile

Originally posted by Deb Rosenthal:
    With regards to Radiohead, my family would agree with Steve, but my favorite CD is Okay Computer, and favorite song, Climbing Up The Walls. I would listen to their earlier works before jumping into Kid-A which is a little bit different for them.
    I just didn't get it. I listened to OK Computer about 7-10 times trying to convince myself that it was Radiohead and it was a great album, but I just didn't get it. So I did give it a fair shake. I still need to check Fake Plastic Trees and Kid - A.

Steve

Smile

Like most of you, my musical interests are all over the board, but I REFUSE to listen to Country!!!!!! Back in the '70s I was way into Bowie, Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, Clash, Lou Reed & Alice Cooper. Durring the '80s I was totally 'Fixxated', but also liked everything but Disco (for you Chicago natives; I was @ the infamous Disco Demolition!). The '90s brought Nirvana, Radiohead, Skinny Puppy, NINE INCH NAILS,Alice in Chains, Tool & MARILYN MANSON and many more. Nowadays,I'm listening to everything I can get my hands on (focusing heavily on the Fixx, NIN & M. Manson, though). I've recently discovered that a couple of our own Fixxtures have some OUTSTANDING talent [you know who you are....... ] .

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast