Thread: Hotel Internet hook-ups

Hotel Internet hook-ups

This weekend I was in Lombard Illinois at the Comfort Suites. They had a free internet connected computer in the lobby for the guests. Lots of people checking e-mail, Yahoo, etc.

I got to work. I went to the Fixx.com site and put it in the list of internet favorites and made a shortcut on the desktop (with the big e icon). Now hopefully everytime anyone goes on there they may click the Fixx button to launch Internet Explorer and go directly to the Fixx web site.

Every time I walked past the computer over the weekend I clicked on the Fixx shortcut to send the screen to the Fixx.com site. I noticed several people who took a peek at it from my vantage point in the hot tub.

For the final gravy, I went into the MY COMPUTER icon, then CONTROL PANEL, then DISPLAY, and clicked on screensaver. Clicking on marquee, I set the screensaver marquee to scroll the following message " Live -Saturday, August 28th, Kokomo, Indiana- World's best live band - THE FIXX". I set the screensaver to kick in after 2 minutes, and just like magic. FREE FIXX advertising.

Every person coming in the hotel walks right past the computer, and I made sure that the FIXX dominated the screen for most of the weekend. It was a big sacrifice, as I had to spend hours in the pool and hot tub just to make sure it go reset if someone used the computer. But I was willing to make that sacrifice for the band.

Using technology to our advantage at hotels all across America, Jim from Wisconsin
    I'm drivin' in my car, I used to be able to walk this far

Great job Jim... These are the kinds of things that us as street teamers need to do .... Keep up the good work...

Clive