Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixx Music On The Air

Belkieve it or not ... In Seattle, they used" Camphor " for a Metro bus commercial... made me want to give up my car and take public transpertation...

Saturday night I heard part of Nina Blackwood's national retro 80's music show, and she played The Fixx's "Deeper and Deeper" song. My jaw hit the floor. Boy, was I excited! My volume control turned way up. I haven't heard that song on the radio forever.

Mctlag

Yet More Fixx

Went to our local "Market Night' last evening - suddenly I was overcome by this craving for Churros. As I neared the Churro booth, I realized where the craving was coming from - they had The Fixx blaring out of their little system. There they were serving churros & entertaining the crowd with One Thing Leads To Another. . . . . another fixxtory!!

Pippi

One Churro Leads to Another, as well....

I have been e-mailing a local dj to play the Fixx on his nightly 80's at 8 show and I finally heard OTLTA the other night. Persistence definitely pays off!

Michelle

THE OTHER DAY I WAS ON MY WAY TO WORK AND HEARD OTLTA. THEN ON MY WAY HOME FROM WORK (SAME RADIO STATION) HEARD RED SKIES AT NIGHT....THAT DJ LIKES THE FIXX

I managed to get the music director of a local radio station to add OTLTA, Are We Ourselves, Secret Separation, How Much Is Enough, Sign Of Fire, Red Skies & Saved By Zero to the oldies rotation[they play 4 oldies an hour]. I'm still working on him to get Stand Or Fall & Less Cities More Moving People in the rotation but for now I'm happy with what he has added. And he even played "Touch" a few times on the air but it didn't get the listener response he wanted so it's not in the rotation at all any more but at least he tried it out.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

DURAN DURAN HAS A NEW SONG (CANT REMEMBER WHAT IT IS CALLED) SOMETHING SUNRISE, I DONT KNOW--WHATEVER, ANYHOW, I THOUGHT IT REALLY SUCKED AND THERE IS THIS RADIO STATION THAT PLAYS NEW SONGS AND PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSE TO CALL IN AND TELL THEM WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT IT AND THAT WILL DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT THEY WILL KEEP PLAYING IT. I NEED TO CALL THEM AND GET THEM TO PLAY TOUCH....GOD I LOVE THAT SONG...ITS JUST EVERYTIME THEY DO THAT SHOW, I AM USUALLY STUCK IN TRAFFIC BECAUSE IT IS ON MY WAY HOME...I WILL DO IT SOON---LAUREN

ON the radio

I too, have been bugging local staions about palying anything else but " one thing" and the other night I was driving home and Flipped on the Alternative staion and STAND OR FALL was on ... YEAH !!!!!! I was singing loud and proud ....

The Sign of Fire

Our Woodman's grocery store plays 80s music. Last weekend I heard The Sign of Fire followed by Van Halen's kickass version of Pretty Woman.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

coast to coast am

I heard RED SKIES the other night on Art Bell's coast to coast am a very popular talk radio show broadcast across the planet. Good exposure for the band! Local radio stations in Vancouver don't play their music, even when requested by yours truly. I have noticed that the FIXX cds are stocked in most record stores though.

Joe

Side 1 of Shuttered Room on radio tomorrow!

Hi,
    Haven't posted in a while, been so busy with work and remodeling the home! Anyway, my name is Pat Wolfe and I host a radio program called "Medication" which airs Mondays noon-2pm (central time-usa) on KDHX-FM 88.1 in St. Louis. I play a perfect album side once a month on the show, and I decided that side 1 of Shuttered Room would be an excellent choice. I have been a fan of the band since that album was released 22 years ago. Anyway, if you are interested in hearing it, you can tune in to the station if you are within 80 miles of St. Louis, or you can listen online at www.kdhx.org
    My playlists are posted there as well.
    Take care, everyone!

OCTOBER 10 AROUND 12:30 PM/CENTRAL TIME

ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO, I WAS AT A PAWN SHOP JUST TO SEE WHAT KINDA ANCIENT JEWLS THEY HAD. ANYWAYS, THEY PLAYED OTLTA AND I STOPPED LOOKING TO SEE THE REACTION OF PEOPLE. ONE LADY WAS SINGING AND KINDA DANCING AT THE SAME TIME AND ONE OF THE EMPLOYEES WAS HUMMING TO THE TUNE...IT MADE ME SO HAPPY, THAT I WANTED TO CRY. TRULEY A GREAT BAND THAT I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF KNOWING...KEEP ON ROCKING--YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN--LAUREN

It's too bad that anything I hear around is about 20 years old. It would be nice if the Fixx's new stuff got air time. I guess what we're hearing at the malls is Muzac (sp?)

Secret Separation

I heard "Secret Separation" at Woodman's supermarket today. I exclaimed to a perfect stranger, a guy about my age, "That's my favorite band!" He just chuckled and smiled.

Pete's movie quote for today from Silkwood:

"Why do you ask, two dogs ......?"
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast