Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixx Music On The Air

In Scottsdale, I was wandering around killing time that Sunday afternoon before heading to the airport, and I stopped at a cafe for a late lunch. Was waiting for my order to arrive and listening to the 80s music they were playing when The Sign of Fire came on. I sat there at my table grinning like an idiot, thinking "those are my BOYS"...

Heard 'Stand Or Fall' on Sirius Satellite radio, Channel 6022 (Classic Alternative) on Dish Network Thursday night at 10:00! Sure wish I had VH1 Classic...a friend told me they play Fixx videos often.

Recently, on a VH1 program, I heard the intro to "Stand or Fall" from 1011 Woodland with that bass riff and the low piano note. (kinda cool). They played a lot of song intros. I wasn't going to mention it because I don't remember the show.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Bash - I think that was a sign . . . . (of fire??)

Pippi

LOL!!!

Heard "Stand or Fall" the other day .. (the tail end.. just about swerved off the road!! ) and I am happy to say .. That The Christamas tape is gone for another 365 days ... so I am hearing the boys again across the floor at Eddie Bauers again!!! YEAH!!!!

Believe it or not but I was introduced to the Fixx through playing the video game Grand Theft Auto Vice City, "One thing leads to another" came on and that was me, well fixated, lol.

Just a pity we dont hear the Fixx much on the radio over in the UK (if at all!). Anything better than listening to the latest Coldlpay song on the radio (no offence to any Coldplay fans out there).

Diving to work

Came the ever clear guitar riffs of .......

You better be good to me... by Tina Turner

Guitar ......................... Mr Jamie West Oram
    Back Ground Vocals.... Mr Cy Curnin

I about fell out of the car.....

When is that last time you have heard that one....

1984??
    1985???

It was a great way to pull into work!!

JACK-FM has been playing a lot of FIXX lately. Almost every day someone calls me & plays a FIXX song for me that they are listening to on the radio. Yesterday Audry called during Red Skies.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

It was jack Fm for me as welll!!!!

Love that station!!!

Thumbs down stations

There are no good 80's stations here. I have to rely on my cd's. Maybe I should mive lol
    mich112670

DRIVING HOME from my friends house .... a Glorious sunset displayed before me...
    Jack Fm played "RED SKIES"..... wonder if that was plannned?????

I love this station!!!

Jack comes through again . . .

I worked double shifts all weekend and was pretty tired and hungover today. My cell phone "rings" - it's my youngest daughter - "Mom, where are you?".

"I'm at work."

"Can you turn on Jack at work? They're playing your song."

"Which one", I ask excitedly.

"Saved By Zero".

"Thanks!!" - I throw the phone down and race to the back where the stereo is. Hurriedly, I change the station over to Jack & hit the volume. Woo Hoo!!! Saved By Zero!! I run back to my bar - grab my phone & call to play it for Audry. Then I grab my fellow employees & park them under a speaker. Now to text Bash so that she can share in my excitement!

Suddenly I realize that my hangover is gone! And my body has quit aching for the moment!

I truly was . . . saved by zero.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Sirius '1st wave' channel is playing all extended versions of songs this labor day weekend. They played the excellent 12" remix version of "One Thing Leads To Another" just before 10pm on Monday 9/05/05. It sounded fantastic! It was so great. It just went on and on. After it was over the dj commented how he wasn't familiar with the song but that he liked it. How could he not be familiar with it if he was hired as a new wave DJ??!!?!! Unbelievable!! Even if he is young that's no excuse. "One Thing" was a big new wave hit. If he wasn't familiar with that song he probably didn't know any Fixx songs. What kind of 1st wave 'expert' isn't familiar with any Fixx songs? Aargh. Excuse me whilst I rant.

A co-worker of mine has Sirius at work, and I listened to a few songs on 1st Wave. I am so getting Sirius this year - I think it's definitely worth $13/month.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast