Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixx Music On The Air

Is it safe to turn the radio back on? I confess I listen to nothing but CD's anymore.

Good news indeed!
    I am the winner in any event.

I have been trying to listen to the radio this past week - just to give my CD player a break - and to let my DiskLive Santa Cruz cds cool of a bit.

So, when I jumped in my car this morning I wasn't expecting The FIXX to come blaring out at me - yet, there they were!

RED SKIES - Thanks Jack -

Yes, if you are fortunate enough to get Jack-FM - then it is indeed safe to turn the radio back on.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Woo Hoo

It's my lucky day!! Audry just called & said "change the channel quick!!".

SECRET SEPARATION was playing on VH1 Classics.

What a flashback!

Jamie has a "Rick Springfield" thing going on.

96.5 JACK FM SEATTLE

Just heard "Saved By Zero" tonight(last night) on the car radio 96.5 Jack F.M. Also previously heard "Secret Separation" on this same station, now if they would have just said The Fixx was going to be in town each time they played a Fixx song before The Fixx played Seattle that would have been good for the band and the fans who probably never even knew The Fixx was in town.

I don't know about other Jacks but this one is good and plays The Fixx along with late 1970s disco, so someone finally got a clue that I liked music based on when it was out not the genre.

Going to see Madness on Friday. They along with Cutting Crew & Simple Minds all have new cds out/coming out.

Yet another Jack who plays the FIXX. That makes three. How cool is that.

Thanks Jack

Saved By Zero

I also heard "Saved By Zero" on Jack FM. Or was it Minnesota's Drive 105? I was switching between the two stations.

They should play the 1011 Woodlands version. The Fixx doesn't do it the old way any more.

Re: 96.5 JACK FM SEATTLE

Originally posted by seadave
    Going to see Madness on Friday. They along with Cutting Crew & Simple Minds all have new cds out/coming out.
    Yeah, and the Simple Minds album's U.S. release just got delayed to February '06, three days before my pre-order was to ship (grr). Apparently a U.S. tour is in the works for next spring, so they want the album's release to coincide with the tour. I at least have the promo to hold me over until the real thing arrives.

OTLTA

On Sky.fm

"Communicate your natural body deeds", baby.

Or whatever he sings on that song.

Cy sings "Communicate, pull out your party piece". Just in case you're wondering

Yes. I know. Thank you.

I was remembering an old thread called "Mistaken Fixx Lyrics". http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2012

This one , "Mistaken Lyrics", is even better.
    http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1931

I'd bet that OTLA is the most played of any Fixx song. When I ask people about The Fixx, they reply, "Didn't they do that song, 'One Thing Leads to Another'?"

OK, didnt catch onto that sorry. Yeah it is very easy to mistake The Fixx lyrics. One of the ones I mistook easily was Less Cities More Moving People the line "Just forgot their lives" i thought was "just a goddamn lie". Ah well.

Originally posted by kennyf
    OK, didnt catch onto that sorry. Yeah it is very easy to mistake The Fixx lyrics. One of the ones I mistook easily was Less Cities More Moving People the line "Just forgot their lives" i thought was "just a goddamn lie". Ah well.
    Hey. No problem. I was hoping someone would take the bait so I could advertise. I thought it would be fun to bring back those old threads.

It's funny what we hear in Fixx songs. Part of it is Cy's singing vs. the American diction we are accostomed to hearing.
    Last edited by dejapete; 09-22-2005 at 09:26 PM.

104.5 Jack FM (in Indy)

Here's another one for the collection, Pippi!
    I couldn't believe this afternoon at the gallery...I was up front re-arranging and re-hanging artwork when Libby dashes out, grabs me by the arm, and pulls me over into the framing room. "Kim, your band! The Fixx!" pointing at the backroom radio, Jack FM..."Are We Ourselves?"
    SWEET!
    :thumbsup: Kim

On Music Choice this morning. . .

you'd better be good to me

I was in heaven! and just on Monday afternoon, I caught the video on Vh1 Classic! It was awesome to see Cy and Tina doing their little thang on stage! Everytime I called my son so he could see who Jamie is, he missed it! But I didn't!

W have a Jack fm here too, I think it's the same call sign as the one in Indiana (we get a lot of those stations). . . I think it's sweet we get to hear things like "Don't Answer Me" by Asia and the Fixx back to back!

meanwhile, still waiting for Vh1 to honor my request. . .
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Jack - FM

"We play what we want"

Looks like Jack-FM is everywhere. I have found six so far. All with the same "we play what we want" motto.

Well, Jack - you are also playing what WEEEEE want! Thank goodness somebody was listening to our pleas for a better radio station!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast