View Poll Results: What is your favorite John Cusack film?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better off Dead

10 24.39%
  • Say Anything

7 17.07%
  • Gross Pointe Blank

6 14.63%
  • Pushing Tin

0 0%
  • ConAir

3 7.32%
  • High Fidelity

7 17.07%
  • America's Sweethearts

0 0%
  • Serendipity

3 7.32%
  • Runaway Jury

2 4.88%
  • Being John Malkovich

1 2.44%
  • Bulletts Over Broadway

0 0%
  • Identity

2 4.88%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Cusack Poll

John Cusack Poll

On a semi-Fixx related issue, just wondering what everyone's favorite John Cusack film is. I'm only polling films where John was one of the leads, not minor parts (like Sixteen Candles). John and Kevin Costner are my two favorite actors, and since he is only one degree of seperation from the Fixx (better off Dead) I just wondered what films of his stand out as his best work in your minds.

It's a tough call for me, since there are quite a few good ones. http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id...movies&intl=us

There may be a few stinkers on this list, but overall I have loved his work since The Sure Thing.

My vote goes to Better off Dead.
    I'm drivin' in my car, I used to be able to walk this far

Smile It is Mine too

Hello Jim,

I vote for Better Off Dead because Rupert and The Fixx are on the soundtrack.

It is not a bad movie either.

Fixxation

Ive only seen 2 of his movies so it was a tuffy.....

I am voting for...

Grosse Point Blank. I think I have yet to see a real clinker from Mr. Cusack but of what is here on this list GPB is my favorite. Overall though it would be a tie between GPB, Money For Nothing, The Grifters and Tapeheads.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

I would have to vote for Say Anthing... mostly for a "girlie reason" He reminded me of my college boyfriend... ..

Hey .. What about "THE SURE THING" ?.... An 80's classic

There's two of those that I'm about to see in the very near NetFlix future. So I'll hold off until I've seen GPB and Runaway Jury.

This was a tough one! Don't forget that he did star in 16 Candles as well. Not a big part but he was in it.

I can't say.. I was always told my Brother looks like him...
    Really made slumber party time a MEGA drag when my bestest friends would rather spend the night discussing who he looks more like, John or Scott Baio, how totally Gross!

But in the spirit of this thread I'll have to go with Class.. seeings how at least he's in it.
    Or Being John Malkovic.

I called Times 0ut !

John Cusack is definitely one of my favourite actors. He's been in several of the best films I've ever seen,but I feel the single best one was undoubtedly:"Being John Malkovich". That film was absolutely brilliant,and wonderfully off-beat. Charlie Kaufman's insanely ingenious screenplay and Spike Jonze's maverick directing really put this one in the upper stratosphere's of cinematic masterpieces. And lest we forget Cusack's stellar performance which was a bit of a gamble on his commendable part(pardon the pun) seeing as it was one on John's least "likeable" characters;one who descended pitifully because he didn't attain his romantic ideals artistically,nor could he earn his keep in affairs-of-the-heart. As is wont of tragedy,the laughs are abundant throughout the movie also. Charlie Sheen's cameo is classic.

Well,because "BJM" was flagrantly overlooked,I opted to vote for "High Fidelity";another Cusack classic. Yet another memorable Cusack film neglected was Woody Allen's excellent 1994 comedy:"Bullets Over Broadway". John was his typical superb self in that gem as well,playing a struggling playwrite in the 1930's,I believe. I highly recommend this film to any one who hasn't seen it.

And lastly,there's also 98's:"Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil". This Clint Eastwood directed movie was set and filmed in sublime Savannah,Georgia.I was enraptured by the town's southern beauty and it's colourful and eccentric denizens portrayed by a wonderful cast. John was great again,albeit, a little on automatic pilot for this one,perhaps. I still recommend it however,with enthusiasm and vigor.

More recently, John was seen in one of the best thrillers this side of the millennium:"Identity". Check it out if you haven't already.

xxif

I love the scene where he jumps off the bridge and lands in the garbage truck.

Originally posted by skip63
    I love the scene where he jumps off the bridge and lands in the garbage truck.

"What a shame...throwin' away a perfectly good white boy!"

Yeah,that was a great scene from a great early Cusack movie;one of my favourite comedies from the 80's actually.

I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!

Originally posted by The Optimist
    I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!

Would you accept two "Canadian loonies" instead? Payday's not until Friday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast